Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

So I like Iron Maiden and I can play the rhythm parts to a lot of songs and I know the solo to Aces High now. Except the speed is loving killer in the solos when I have to jump around strings.

I literally cannot pick faster enough to keep up. Is this just something I have to train hard at or should I become some sort of legato god?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Honestly, my alternate picking is great, I find its my fingers lagging behind.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I want to get into more songs (metal) featuring standard tunings dropped a step or 2, like C -> E etc.

Is there a pedal/type of equipment that can do this by adjusting the sound? I only have 1 guitar and the strings really aren't heavy enough to be downtuned like that and I like to play in standard tuning as well.

And would it sound alright that way?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Does anyone have any recommended online sources or books on blues fingerstyle and slide guitar?

I got a slide as a Xmas gift but now I am realizing that I have to learn a new play style since it doesn't work quite as well with a pick.

For reference I want to play stuff like George Thorogood/ZZ Top

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Where can I find a good book or website with blues fingerstyle drills? I want to learn how to play Delta style blues (elmore james on up to more rock stuff like george thorogood) but I can't find any good introductions or the equivalent of drum rudiments for fingerstyle :(

I'm using open tunings (D and E right now) but any will do if will develop my fingerstyle.