Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I want to learn flamenco/spanish guitar. I have the proper equipment. The problem is that I have no instructor.

I have searched high and low for the past few years, but I have never found anyone who teaches flamenco guitar in the area.

I've just been looking on youtube at rumba/flamenco/spanish lessons, but they can only help me go so far.

What should I do? Move to Mexico?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Dolphin posted:

Where do you live?

Raleigh, NC

CalvinDooglas posted:

If there is a university nearby the guitar department will probably have flyers all over for classical/flamenco lessons

I will check that out, as I attend a university. Thank you!

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I have a book on flamenco that has everything in sheet music. Is there a site online that I can look at to try to translate it?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I've probably posted in this thread before. I come in here every couple of months when I realized I haven't played my classical guitar in awhile. I got it a few years ago in an attempt to learn to play flamenco. I typically get it out, tune it, pluck a few minor chords, get frustrated, and then it goes back in the closet for months.

I would totally pay for lessons, but finding someone who teaches that style is next to impossible. I seriously can't find anyone within 50 miles. I feel like I've learned all I can effectively from youtube videos.

How do I get over this hump and actually make some rumba rhythms?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Is there a major site that lists Hangout/Skype tutors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
The OP says a lovely guitar will sound like poo poo. Why, though? What's the sound difference between a $100 guitar and a $1000 guitar? I'm speaking of electric, specifically.