Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Sometimes when I'm watching YouTube videos, the sound will fail to load. This only seems to happen in Chrome. Anyone know what causes this? It even happens on videos that do not have copyrighted content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Wagonburner posted:

Does sound stop working all together after that? Are you wtaching video after video then suddenly no sound? Or like the 1st video you try to watch in a day no sound and then no sound on subsequent? For me its the 1st one I try to watch in a day and then all others after untl a browser restart. I've kinda attributed it to leaving tabs with flash stuff open for a long time. I leave browsers open with lots of tabs open all the time.

It seems to only happen to particular videos. For example, this video will load without sound in Chrome (even after a browser restart) but it works fine in Firefox and Safari. Looks like the problem is with my copy of Chrome. :(

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

What is the name for those floor-length denim skirts that you only see goth boys wear? Pictured here:

Googling things like "goth skirt" and " denim floor-length skirt" hasn't helped.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

KnifeWrench posted:

These are pretty clearly not the garment in question. Binowru, I'm not sure it has a specific name (or even a market). I did a lot of similar searching and only found one thing that was even remotely similar, even on websites that explicitly cater to goth fashion (http://www.rivithead.com/catalog/gothic-belt-denim-skirt.html?gclid=CMrx3NLy37gCFcU5QgodpRIAlg). It's entirely possible this dude made it himself.

Thanks, that link is pretty much what I was looking for anyway. I don't know if the guy in the photo made it himself, I just know I've seen that type of garment pop up in a few different places and was wondering just what the hell it was.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

A couple questions:

1. What's up with that little grenade symbol next to some people's usernames?

and

2. Is there a subforum for independent filmmakers/editors/people who put random crap on YouTube? I want to get into producing video content and would love got glean collective knowledge from other goons.