Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Why would I need a large HDD on an xbox 360 outside of storing music and videos, which I would do on my TB externals anyway? I see these 4GB models rolling around but I recall them being like 20Gb when they first started rolling out.

Because installing games and downloading stuff from the marketplace takes up a lot of space very quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

What's the point of jailbreaking an ipod touch/iphone?

You can use apps that aren't on the app store, like emulators, and you gain root file access.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Is it generally considered poor form to not have read a book that your professor has written, especially when it relates to the class you're taking? I feel like that's something they'd probably draw from a lot.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Is Karl Pilkington actually really stupid? Some of the stuff he says just seems way too odd to be natural

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

redreader posted:

Q: When are these famed post-Christmas deals? I want to buy a big screen TV, but I suspect those won't go on sale in Jan (or ever)

Try late january right after CES

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I know this was probably answered in the movies, but why was jarjar binks ever given a position of power?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Uh way to admit you pirated the movie

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Abel Wingnut posted:

What are the best nutrients or supplements for improving memory? My memory is absolutely terrible and I'm trying anything I can to help.

Try SAmart, I think some people are still selling cheap piracetam/choline

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

So when the verizon CDMA iphone comes out, can I just jailbreak one and activate it under sprint?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Pretty sure jamie hyneman takes highly nutritious food and just blends it and drinks the mush all day. It's not a food pill but that's probably the closest you can get right now.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

If I could somehow time travel, let's say, 30,000 years into the past and wanted to leave a message for someone in our time to find, how would I do it without whatever it's on decaying? Assuming it's too large to just carve into stone or something.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I meant more of "bring back something modern day that holds information" to gently caress with people who would find it in the present

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Are the Naked juices (or smoothies or whatever else there is) actually good for you? Or is it all just marketing?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

DVD Drive posted:

Am I the only one constantly noticing the year 1888 being mentioned?

Why, are you a neonazi/ work with neonazis or something?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

A Violence Gang posted:

You thinking of the white supremacist signifier "14/88" or did something significant to Nazis happen in the year 1888?

Huh I thought it was 18 88 for adolph hitler, not two letter just for adolph

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Recently I've been getting an "itunes cannot read the contents of your ipod, please restore to factory settings" message when I connect my itouch (3.1.3 unjailbroken). Does anyone know of a program that will let me back up my music before I restore it? I definitely know there is one since I've used it before but I've forgotten the name.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Bojanglesworth posted:

I have used Music Rescue and it worked pretty well, iTunes wouldnt even recognize the iPod and it was able to pull a ton of music off it. Not sure if they are still free.

http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/products/musicrescue/

That wasn't what I was thinking of, but thanks! Since I'm only going to use it once the trial version looks perfect

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

How many ivy league schools have anime clubs? I would think that a person typical to them wouldn't be able to pass muster

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

kimbo305 posted:

follow up stupid question -- I'm curious where you were going with this.

Nowhere, it's pretty self explanatory

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Daemus posted:

That does sound like a good option (a sort of compromise), if I can't make pure water a habit. Can't say I'm familiar with that particular drink (though the article says it's common here in Scandinavia), but I guess it's more a type than brand of drink. I'll keep a lookout, thanks :)

It really shouldn't be a problem, once you switch over to only really drinking water it just starts tasting delicious. I stopped drinking soda and juice about 2 years ago and it really hasn't bothered me like I thought it would.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

If the ipad 2 is going to cost the same as the current model (though we don't know yet), what kind of prices can I expect the original to drop to?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Just make sure it's still sealed tightly first. I had a 60 year old bottle of SoCo I wanted to give as a gift, but someone left it exposed to direct sunlight, the seal wore away and it went bad

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

cosmicjim posted:

This has to be a troll.

Of course it is, he could just take the cover off the dvd first so his mom doesn't get angry

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

I went to a website that just showed me what was on (new) episode wise tv every night, anyone recall what I am talking about?

tvguide.com

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Are the Haribo gummy soda bottles supposed to smell like feet that've been bathed in rc cola?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Playing DotA posted:

I have a philosophical question: If someone is an atheist, and they don't believe in a supreme being or an afterlife, or maybe they don't identify themselves as belonging in a certain group as believing in anything, then what is the point of living or trying to live a long life? Your memories will turn to dirt. If you live to see your great grandchildren, you get pleasure from it, and your grandchildren will get pleasure from it too, but after you die they will be sad for a little while but when they die that chapter ceases to exist. There is no difference in the life of a 15 year old who dues or a 115 year old who dies because death is a guarantee. The difference is in the lives your presence changes, either good or bad.

I am not trying to be morbid or e/n or anything like that. The idea just popped in my head this morning.

Let me answer that with another question: So do you think the only reason to believe in a religion is so that you'll gain eternal life after you die? That only religious people can live whole, fulfilled lives because they're working towards something? There's no intrinsic good or need for fulfillment in people but it's only because of religion that we act that way?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

charlesmartel11235 posted:

How do I bag a MILF?

Since they're in the same family as cougars, just use a tranquilizer gun and a cage

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Why are you allowed to drink openly in a traincar but not outside of one? Is it not considered a wholly public place?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

WHEEZY MISS A DUDE posted:

If you're talking about something like Amtrak, then no, it's not a wholly public place. It's a privately owned entity. They may even have ABC-on permits for the entire train fleet.

The Amtrak stations are trickier, though. In some you can drink anywhere in the station while in others you can only drink in the restaurants that sell liquor.

I actually meant more along the lines of MTA trains

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

So no one knows what those haribo cola bottles are supposed to smell like?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

If I installed android on a nook color what would the performance be like? Google really isn't helping. Also are there any bluetooth keyboards designed to run under the droid os?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Which mushrooms are the really large ones that you can prepare and eat like steak?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

nesbit37 posted:

Portabello

Okay, thanks

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

TheBoogeyMan posted:

A few years ago I used a program that was used to help you remember things. It be like flash cards, and you would rate on a scale of 1-5 how well you remembered it. Using this information, it would then present the flash card to you on a later date, if you rated it a 1 you would see it soon, if you rated it a 5 you would see it in a week+. What is the name of this program?

Edit: Found. FullRecall is a propriety version, Anki is a free one.

Well I guess if you forgot about it then it doesn't work too well??

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Does psx4droid not work on gingerbread? (2.3)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

redreader posted:

It is half finished and not being developed any more, so fpse is the way to go.

Thanks, hope this one works (probably not since I'm trying to run it off my nook)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Mak0rz posted:

Are you sure? I recall someone telling me they can choose to have a steady salary or a commission-based pay. Maybe I'm thinking of another big electronics store.

Radioshack

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Are there any good google document apps for android? I like the idea of being able to get up to go to the bathroom and to keep writing while I'm pooping

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Another android question that's only tangentially related to pooping: my tablet is a brand new nook color running 2.3, and even when I don't have any background processes running the battery runs down by about 1% an hour in standby. That doesn't sound like a lot but it's still about 7-8% a night. Is that average for tablets or is there something I can do to improve it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Corsair Jr posted:

Yeah, that's pretty good for android. I have had 2 android phones that only lasted about 24 hours on standby with data enabled.

True but a tablet isn't a phone. Of course since I've only had an ipod touch in the past I might not be aware of how fast android phones use up battery, but just a day seems kind of short to me too?