Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I've always wondered when "Duetschland" became the German term for Germany. When you think about it, the name Germany was way back from the roman ages, and the holy roman empire was definitely not called Duetschland, and for the time period that Germany wasnt a unified state, like for example Prussians, Bavarians, etc. did they still say "Duetschland"? at what point did that term come about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

If the 'Roma' people (or gypsies) are supposedly from Romanian origins, why are they generally darker in complexion than the average Romanian? Or do plenty of Romanians have dark complexions due to the history with the turks and whatnot?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Can metal companies figure out how other metal manufacturers mix their composite and the ratio of the mix of their metal using chemicals and microscopes?

like can you chemically find out if someones sword is Nickel/Steel/Copper/bonding minerals and the ratio of the mix?