Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008
I am 28 years old and have never touched a car part in my life except to maybe put a little oil in my car. How or where can I learn to start learning the basics of how an engine and car works and how to service my own car? This is something that I've wanted to do for a long time, but I have no idea where to go about learning it.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008
Well, I don't really have like a huge goal of completely servicing my car by myself, but I would really like to learn maybe how to change oil and replace my brake pads and all that jazz.

Also, no garage kind of scraps those plans until maybe after this winter. Basically my dream is to one day be able to own an older model car(think 60s or 70s) and be able to fix it myself and drive it around. I've always wanted a mustang or a charger. I love old cars. :3:

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008
What kind of bug is this? Please don't tell me it's a Roach or I will cry.
https://wi.somethingawful.com/f9/f9f8f6d47d0f5f40f1fab48557f9d2f3e4cdc991.jpg

I'm posting this from my cell if it breaks the tables I'm sorry.

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

It's definitely orthopteran. The two protusions (cerci) coming out both side of the rear end tell me it's just a cricket of sorts, while the central long one (ovipositor) tell me it's female.

Repost it in this thread and someone will identify it for you surely!

Oh thank God. We have oodles of crickets guess I've just never seen a chick cricket. Thanks for the quick reply!

One more question! How can I get rid of them. I'd prefer a cat safe method. They just kinda creep me out.

Dandy Cat fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 6, 2010

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008
At the risk of sounding like an emo fag, I was wondering if anyone knows any good places to order clove cigarettes online from? I ordered 2 cases of Djarums from salecheapcigarettes.com and they shipped me 5 cartons of some other kind of clove. I am just kind of looking for a reliable place to order from.

Yes, I'm emo. Let's just get that out of the way.

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008
This is a really stupid question but I can't for the life of me figure this out. I am working on organizing the file cabinets at my job. I have to make the little labels by hand, is there a template I can get somewhere online to fill in with the names so that it's all uniform instead of me typing up half the list, and forgetting what font I was using and going to a different one?

I tried Googling but I can't really find anything. I think I suck at Google.

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008

Loopyface posted:

Why not just use Excel?

Duurr. That's a good idea. Thanks!

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008
I fell this weekend and busted my rear end. I bruised my coccyx really badly and I'm trying to find a place to buy a donut cushion. Does anyone have any ideas where I can pick one up? I tried looking online at CVS and Walgreens and I couldn't find any in stores. I have to go back to work tomorrow so I need something comfortable to sit on or I'm going to be miserable.

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008

kapalama posted:

Just so you know there are some support groups out there with all kinds of tips and tricks. I busted my cocyx, and since I commute by bicycle that was a major hassle. But the online community found me a split seat that made it work.

Just a google search away? Or do you have any places in particular that you know about?

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008
This really is a stupid/small question. I have one huge cabinet in my lovely basement apartment where I put all my pots and pans. What would be the best way to organize it all so everytime I reach under there it doesn't sound like WW3 while I'm pulling stuff out? Googling gave me some ideas, but I'd like to hear what some goons have to say about having limited cabinet space!

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008
Do you need box springs with a memory foam mattress?

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008

SnowblindFatal posted:

Hmm, I'll have to think about it. Suppose you guys have any other suggestions on how to make a good, large enough grid for D&D that could be easily reused? You have to pay through the nose if you get some official grids from hobby shops.

Just buy some thin electrical tape and put it on the white board. It'll get gummy after awhile and start to wear off but that's probably only after heavy use!

edit: damnit beaten!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008
nevermind.

Dandy Cat fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 30, 2012