Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Is there a way to block mail from a certain address? I'm talking about real SNAIL mail here, not email. An ex keeps sending letters and cards in the mail. As much as I've pleaded with him to stop, I still receive the occasional birthday card or "Hey what's up girl" letter... which my fiance is not too happy about.

Can I just go to the post office and tell them to block his address and mark it "return to sender"? I've searched relentlessly on Google for the answer to this, with no avail.

(don't say get a restraining order, because I live in a different country, I'm not in jeopardy and I only receive a letter once every couple months usually)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

I don't have archives... I just searched back around 11 pages but couldn't find anything. Could someone direct me to a thread about working in the Alberta oil sands / working in Northern Alberta in general? I know I've seen threads about this and I really don't feel like posting another one if the info is already out there.

Thanks!

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Yesterday I was hiking through the forest when I found an odd-looking plant. It looked almost identical to asparagus except it was a deep reddish pink color, with yellow leaf-type things up the stalk, and a yellow tip. It was also really sticky with white fuzz all over it. There were three stalks sticking up out of the ground.

Anyone have any clue what it might be? Google hasn't given me any answers.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

alnilam posted:

Japanese Knotweed is the foremost plant that comes to mind as being similar to asparagus when it's a young shoot (also edible). Its stem is pretty reddish too. But yellow leaves, white fuzz, and sticky don't ring any bells.
what region are you in?

P.S. If it was knotweed, kill it, break its legs! That stuff is mega invasive.

I'm in Eastern BC. It looked similar to the Japanese knotweed shoots but MUCH more colorful, and yes very fuzzy and sticky. It looked like alien asparagus from another planet.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

tarepanda posted:

Maybe the fuzziness/stickiness was some kind of mold or infection, which could explain the leaves...

Well, they're not really leaves. Just little flaps similar to the flaps found on the stalks of regular asparagus. Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining.

Oops, sorry for breaking tables. How do I delete this attachment?!

Only registered members can see post attachments!