Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Successfully predicted nine of the last five recessions

What's a good low-mid range wireless router? The one I used to have was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

I have a lamp that only takes 40w max bulbs. If i got a energy efficient bulb that used like 11w but is equivalent to 60w would that work or not?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Whats a good place to buy a lightbulb online

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

RaoulDuke12 posted:

could you be more specific there's a lot of different kinds of light bulbs.

I mean, unless you're looking for something specific, amazon.com is probably a decent choice. Anywhere really.

For a desk lamp, type A17 bulb. I cant seem to find it in any stores :(

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Does anyone have the music to this?

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Docfuture/videos/28/

The link in the description doesn't work

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

First off, is it just me or is the forum periodically going down?

Second, is there a way to actively auto-tune or pitch adjust my voice? That is, I talk into my computer microphone and the person i'm skyping with hears it autotuned or pitch lowered? It's for a joke.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Can anyone suggest some puns for a movember team? I want it to include either Michigan or Wolverines. Combine either of those with Mo or Mustache and we got gold.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

nevermind

Econosaurus fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 18, 2010

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Any ideas on good things to do for valentines day? I'm not sure if this is worthy of its own thread or not, but I was surprised there wasn't one in A/T

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Whats a good place to host images off of somethingawful? I saw a thread somewhere but I can't find it.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

What are some good, cheap hobbies? I feel like I need something to focus on.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

I have a PDF that was saved with 2 pages per page. If that doesn't make sense, it's horizontal with two pages next to each other. Is there a program or way to automatically split all the pages and put them in order so it's one page of the document per pdf page?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Does anyone know how to find the license/the original author of a photo? Specifically this one

It's all over the internet, tineye has a ton of results but I can't find the source for it.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

I want to open some ports so I can run a minecraft server with my friend. However, I'm renting from a Korean fellow and everything on my router is Korean. Can anybody give me instructions on how to open the proper port? Pictures are here - http://imgur.com/a/RUtQ1

Appreciate it.

Edit: Forgot the buttons at the bottom

Econosaurus fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 7, 2011

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Wasn't there a volunteer thread at one point? I can't find it, does anyone have a link?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

What are some useful skills I can learn in my free time? I thought of learning a programming language, but what one is useful and learnable on your own? Java? I'd probably use it for websites if anything, as I have no experience with web development but would like to.

Edit: Also bartending. Any good mixology books for learning on your own?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

I have a bunch of .mkv files I want to burn onto DVDs. They're 720p, and I want to keep the quality high. What's the easiest way to burn multiple mkv files onto a DVD for watching while keeping the quality high?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

RaoulDuke12 posted:

You want to watch them as standard def DVDs, like in a dvd player?

Yessir, highest quality possible.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

I'm seeing dick cheney in like 6 hours, what questions should I ask him?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Does anyone know anything about Transitions Online or The New Presence? I might be able to work at one of them next semester while studying abroad, but I don't know much about them. Are either of them more famous/well known? Any advice on which I should focus on?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

I'm going to spend the next semester in the Czech Republic, and I want to bring my laptop. I've heard that using adapters might burn out the outlet or my computer, and was thinking I'd buy a native charger. I have a Lenovo T500 Thinkpad, I use this charger - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042ACZRK/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

How would I find which charger to buy for the Czech Republic, and where can I buy it? Thanks y'all.

Edit: or will a converter work fine, since there's the power brick?

Econosaurus fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 10, 2012

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Is there a really easy way to convert a .flac album to 320 kbps mp3s?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Only outputs at 192 kbps :smith:

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Edit: figured it out

Econosaurus fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 26, 2012

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Can anyone confirm that this is a legitimate site to buy a domain name from? http://www.domains.cz/en

Also in the TOS

quote:

Ruled for registration of .CZ domains

8. The Manager keeps secret the data that the Applicant provides for the purpose of registration. The Applicant's personal data are handled in full accordance with the Law on Data Protection (law no. 101/2000 Coll.). The Applicant is aware and agrees that the data of the owner of the registered domain, which are included in the databases of national registrars, are publicly accessible and that these data, after the placement of a query about a specific domain name, are provided by means of the DOMAIN.CZ server as a processed data output from these databases. The Applicant must inform the Manager about changes to any registration data (name, address, e-mail).

Is this standard for buying a domain name or is this a reason to not use .cz/this service? What do they mean by data, just where the site goes or my personal data?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Can anybody recommend some free store wordpress themes? Google isn't finding much for me, and I figure some of you must use wordpress for ecommerce.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Is it safe to use a european micro-USB charger with my American phone?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Crossposting.

So my Lenovo t500 just crashed, and now when trying to boot I get error 2100, can't initialize hard drive. Two questions. Obviously I need a new hdd, what kind of hard drive do I need? Slim SATA? I didn't hear any clicking, can I recover my data myself with a SATA USB cord or do I need a data recovery service?

Edit: Will these work?

http://www.alza.cz/EN/EN/premiumcor...iii-d251654.htm to get my data off, assuming my HDD isnt totally hosed.

http://www.alza.cz/EN/EN/western-di...484.htm#recenze for the new hard drive

I am a big idiot and don't know if this is the same thing as my current hard drive. The current one is totally enclosed, but it says SATA on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

So my brother is getting married in a few days, and he just asked if I could do a reading in addition to giving a speech at the wedding. My entire family, plus his wife's entire family, plus a few of their friends are doing readings, so I feel obligated to read something. The problem is that I'm not really well-versed in poetry or anything I could read to celebrate their marriage. Does anyone know some places I can look at readings for? I think a funny poem or short excerpt would be ideal, but I don't even know where to start on finding them - googling "wedding readings" gives me things for the groom and bride to read to each other. Any nice readings would be great too, I just need to get some ideas together.