Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

The kind of fortune that never misses.
Waffleimages is down. What's a good alternative (read: reliable) image hosting site for forum posting?

vvvvvv Thank you!

MissFortune fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

I've never had a 'real' interview in my life.

I'm 99% sure my job interviewer said he was going to call *me* yesterday about setting up an interview for next week. I'm certain he said September 14, but since I didn't hear a peep, I'm starting to wonder if I misheard and maybe I should have called him. It might just be paranoia, since I really want a shot at this job.

I don't want to seem too desperate for this job or seem like creeper, so should I just give him one more day to call me, or risk looking too looking unprofessional and call him toward the end of the day today, just to make sure I'm still on the interview list?

Even if I should call, I have absolutely no idea what to say to make it sound less awkward. He already knows I'll have to drive about two hours one way just for the interview, so should I use that as a segue into calling him? One friend suggested I use the whole 'I'm setting up my schedule next week and was wondering...' spiel.

That sounded a bit pompous to me, but like I said, I don't know the protocol here, at all.

tl;dr: Should I call my interviewer at all to make sure I'm on the short list? Even if I do, what should I say is my reasoning for calling so I don't look like a buffoon?

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

Thanks, guys/gals, all good points. Maybe I just needed some reassurance.

Unfortunately, I do not have an email. But, I've decided I will be giving a call by the end of the day.

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

sc4rs posted:

He is probably a she with a name like Missfortune. Context clues.

also I'm an idiot

Haha, no biggie. Yeah, I was talking about the interviewer's email.

Edit: Regardless, I called and got the machine. More waiting, hooray.

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

I feel really moronic asking this, but I'm writing a thank you note at the end of a long day.

Is the phrase "After the conversation with Kevin and yourself, I felt even more enthusiastic about the position." grammatically correct, particularly the "Kevin and yourself" usage?

It just looks really awkward for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

Alright, sounds good. Thanks, everyone.