Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

silversiren posted:

Trying to remember the name of this game.. I think it was on Windows 95 and it was one of those pre-installed things or it came in a package with the rest of the CDs you got with it. It had this little adventurer dude that was going through the jungle, climbing ladders and ropes and jumping over alligators and such. It was a 2-D game sort of like the kind Mario is. Help, it's going to bother me all night.

Description sounds a lot like some version of Pitfall; Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure looks like it came out at the right time to perhaps be what you're remembering.

e:f;b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Loopyface posted:

Georgia.

This or maybe Mississippi, it's definitely Southern old-money.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Quantify! posted:

What are my options when it comes to consolidating all the various sites I look at?

I follow a lot of tumblrs, flickrs, bloggers, rss feeds, livejournals, etc. etc. etc.

How can I get all of these things in ONE page or in ONE application?

All of those should be available as RSS feeds. Set up Google Reader, point it at the RSS feeds for everything you want to read, you're done.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

hooah posted:

Not sure about the reader itself, but there are standalone programs for accessing your Google Reader feeds. For example, I use Feeddemon.

Yeah, I also don't know off the top of my head how far you can go in customizing Google Reader, but it's just one example of an RSS reader, which is what Quantify! wants. You could use a standalone program, I'm guessing there are other web-based options. Or maybe something like a Reader gadget for an iGoogle homepage would be more to your liking.

I had some confusion with Google Reader at first but it's pretty intuitive once you use it for a while. There's keyboard shortcuts, ways to organize your feeds, etc. Maybe just add a few feeds and check it out for a few days and see if you get used to it.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also "Reconstruction", "Civil rights era", "Gilded Age"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Duraznos posted:

I'm looking for the name of a particular play. It was written in the 20th century I'm fairly certain. The major gimmick of this play is that it's said to be impossible to perform on stage. It's incredibly experimental and lacks any real cohesive narrative. It's fairly vulgar from what I remember.

Almost sounds like you're looking for Waiting for Godot but that does get staged.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

There are lots of ads (on here, on reddit, etc) that are just an affiliate link to something on amazon, like this:

Is that really a profitable thing to do? Seems like you'd need a whole lot of purchases, for a pretty niche book, to make it work.

The explanation I've seen is that, at least for Amazon, following the link sets a cookie that credits the referrer for any purchase made until it expires (don't know how long that is) or gets overwritten -- it doesn't have to be the specific item linked. The affiliate marketer just wants something intriguing, controversial or provocative for the ad to get the click. Like the book title you mention, or the banner ads of Justin Bieber's or Sarah Palin's eyes you see here -- you say, "Why the gently caress is that advertising on SA?" and click it to find out. You obviously don't buy that, but if you do happen to buy something from Amazon while the cookie still lives, they get a kickback nonetheless.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

What's the origin of that
Name&
Another name&
A third name&
A fourth name
design that got popular on merch for like TV shows and such a few years ago? Like my guess is that it was a ~1970s album cover or famous t-shirt listing the members of a band but I just can't place it.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

TheLastManStanding posted:

It's only 20 years old, but it was a Beatles t-shirt.
Ah thanks for the link cause the specific thing I had in my head was that it was the Ramones and there's one right there on the page! SOLVED!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This flag ring any bells?

Just seen outside a house so no real context to add. Tried describing the shape to FlagID.org but it's not any of these. The blue and especially the red didn't seem like exactly the same shade as an American flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Thanks!