Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

How do I make youtube's search not poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Is there a "gift recommendation thread" anywhere?

hooah posted:

What exactly is a staffing agency/firm? Do they do full-time employee hiring as well as providing contractors? Does it depend on the firm?

I make software for staffing agencies. They always have a different mix of full time/contractor/part time/shift filling. Some will focus more on recruitment/headhunting, others on legal compliance and vetting. Many will specialize in a specific industry: healthcare, IT, manufacturing, construction. But they all have one objective, which is to fill jobs with the right people, taking a margin for their efforts.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

As someone who stays far away from facebook as possible, can I get the details of the lowtax response there regarding the recent FYAD events?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I'm trying to apply for a mail in ballot on my state's website.

When I get to this step, the address isn't correct (I moved last year), but if I click "NO", it just sends me back to step 1?

What do?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I'm trying to apply for a mail in ballot on my state's website.

When I get to this step, the address isn't correct (I moved last year), but if I click "NO", it just sends me back to step 1?

What do?

greazeball posted:

Looks like changing the address is a different process from confirming it, dunno if that's the DMV change of address form or if you need a different thing. Probably just call them or use the contact form.

An update to this for anyone that may run into the same problem, I needed to change my address on the DMV website; a few days later the correct address shows in the application form.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Does Best Buy actually recycle your old electronics or is that a lie to get you in the door when you drop them off?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

doesn't the act of taking this popular phrase and replacing "man" with another word to dance around the issue of gender terms just shine a spotlight on the situation rather than fix it?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

My nephew is starting university this fall.
Aside from the disaster that is currently ravaging our planet, he and his family are very low income. He's done the FAFSA but it isn't enough to cover everything.
They've come to me for advice on student loans since I've gone to uni and none of them have. Problem is I don't remember much about uni due to all the alcohol. Is there a thread for student finances? I checked BFC but didn't see one on first look.
For context we live in the USA so that's why this is even a thing if you're from a different country and are confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Every time I wake my pc from sleep mode, its unusable for a few minutes.
I suspect it has something to do with C: being pegged at 100% here. How can I fix it?