Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Does being at or below sea level affect performance of network cat5e or cat6 cabling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

^^ Unrelated to the chinese alcohol above(or is it...?)

Will a formaldehyde mixture freeze?

I'm borrowing a car and when I got in this morning I found a brain in a clear box, filled with liquid. I moved it from the front floorboard to the trunk since my daughter would probably flip her poo poo if I made her ride with it

Got to thinking that since its getting to freezing at night I probably dont want it in the trunk if its going to freeze and shatter, or bust the box, or some other weird poo poo

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

2508084 posted:

Wait you got in a borrowed car, found a brain in a box floating in liquid and your concern is if the disembodied brain gets too cold?

Only as far I dont want to be rummaging through the trunk looking for jumper cables or something and find out that it broke loose

Now, supposing that they want the box back, I'm pretty sure I can't just stick it in one of those flat rate USPS boxes with some packing peanuts and write brain on the line for Contents. Any suggestions on sending specimins like that?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Now I feel dumb. Wiki was my first stop and I saw the melting and boiling points, just didn't make the connection between melting and freezing, duh

edit: and yeah, finding out what they want with it will be done, just my brain wasn't firing on all cylinders at 7am when I found it

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Got an empty spot in our 2-car garage, wife's aunt has a car thats paid for but theyre not driving so we offered to garage it and use it over the iwnter so it didnt just sit outside n die.

Few weeks ago, one of her daughters came home for Christmas and more and was driving the car. Apparently during that time someone gave it to her, and when she went back on on monday she either forgot to pack it or realized that packing a box-o-brains for an overhead bag might not be a great idea

So, I present to you, 73-225 HYDRANENCEPHALY

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Its been moved inside for now, can sit on my TV till she figures out what to do with it

No, she's not a medical student. Wouldn't surprise me if shes a closet goon. Works at a tat shop doing piercing and starting to ink, lots of ink herself, pierced all over, etc

My geuss is that it was given to her as something that might "look cool" in the shop

I did look up the label HYDRANENCEPHALY and its actually a relatively rare condition, 1 in 10,000 births worldwide.

quote:

This is a rare condition in which the cerebral hemispheres are absent and replaced by sacs filled with cerebrospinal fluid.
This should not be confused with hydrocephalus, which is an accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid in the ventricles.

So maybe we say gently caress returning it and hit up the Antiques Roadshow, it looks like in decent condition? I dunno what a hosed up brain is supposed to look like. Maybe with enough liqour and electricty I could use this to cure something?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

El_Elegante posted:

I would be careful with human remains-you don't want to be inadvertently commIting mutilation of a corpse. Or to disrespect somebody's loved one.

It's a plexiglas sealed box, with a label on it. Pretty sure it originated at a school or lab somewhere

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Hoops posted:

Only want a very summarised answer.

Who is Tim Tebow?

He's an NFL player right? Quarterback? What has he done recently so that I hear about him every time I go on the internet.

Yes, QB for the Denver Broncos, he was 2nd string till Kyle Orton got hurt/shitcanned/laughed out of town about 5 games into the season. After that as a rookie he went on to lead the Broncos to the playoffs. He appears to be a pretty wholesome guy from interviews, and after touchdowns he would do a little genuflect thing which became the subject of many many many hours of Sportscenter and other programs

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 14, 2012

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

What's the harm in setting a refrigerator horizontal for a move? There's no exposed coils and it's just a smallish apartment size fridge. I haven't moved one in quite some time but seem to recall everyone would freak out if you tipped it over and laid it flat, like all the cool stuff would leak out or some poo poo

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Nintendo Kid posted:

There's no way to know for sure without going out and testing it. This is why it's always best to find a physical store with a generous return policy to buy adapters from to test if it'll even work, before you buy ones you'll actually use.

I think the older/original stuff had to be on the same breaker panel, but was talking to someone at work about it earlier this spring and he had some more recent gear that worked across panels. But yeah you wanna try it and be able to return it

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

hooah posted:

Couldn't they use a change tracking system? It seems that at least Word's built-in thing would be better than nothing.

There's probably some propietary system that does that, and it costs a small fortune.

Was in court last week and our lawyer had some new piece of software for putting exhibits up on a screen, and I jokingly asked "So its like PowerPoint but costs 8x as much?" and he grumbled Yeah. It was neat for written stuff like out of a deposition where you could only show Page 87, Lines 3-18 for example- he'd cue the assistant who would key in probably page and line numbers, it would churn for a second, and then pop up just the specified part all zoomed. But I'm sure there are other reader packages that could do the same with a doc, with the zooming and finding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

^ of course. The domain name itself has nothing to do with the content. DNS records are just a collection of mappings from the name to an IP(basically, theres a ton more)

edit: also, be sure to try https://www.yyy.com as well as just YYY.com, as there are numerous way that it could be setup. Those could point to different places, they can use wildcards, or just not have anything at all