Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Really? I'll give that a shot.

Uh, no. I'm not sure it comes apart, but moving it around is a real bitch. I have a friend that did a lot of work with Steelcase desks and he insists that most of them come apart. Unfortunately, he's unavailable to actually help.

Post a picture of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

stubblyhead posted:

In the first few seasons of NCIS, Gibbs wears what appears to be a medicalert bracelet. It abruptly disappears at the start of the fourth season. Is any explanation for what it's for and where it went ever given?

It looks like an MIA/POW bracelet, and this link http://www.ncisfanwiki.com/thread/2038801/Gibbs+Bracelet seems to support that. But, it also says it's his father's, and wikipedia doesn't have anything about his dad being a POW, so who knows.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

hooah posted:

Is there a device that will redirect an outlet at a 90-degree angle in a slim package? Our new nightstands have built-in outlets, which is kind of neat, but the face straight out the back, so if I put a phone charger (with the USB port opposite the prongs), I'd have to have the nightstand a fair ways from the wall.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2072244

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

My father gave me a Skil 10" table saw he bought a couple of years ago. He never took it out of the box and it's been stored in a closet on its side since then. Would there be any problem storing it this way?

No.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

bee posted:

How do I remove baked on sticky tape residue from a glass window? I tried goo-remover and it didn't do anything helpful. I am tempted to try and scrape it off but I don't want to scratch up the glass :ohdear:

Razor blade
https://www.amazon.com/Hyde-Tools-13050-Scraper-Blades/dp/B000BPEPSC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1493007437&sr=8-6&keywords=razor+scraper

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

syscall girl posted:

Is it weird that a janitor says "excuse me is this an emergency?" while he's mopping? As in telling you to leave him alone

Like, if you wanted him to stop mopping so he can do what you want him to do? No, it's not weird.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003
What kind of USB cable do I need for this? It's an old Olympus digital camera, and I can't find the original cable, and I can't figure out if this is a real USB standard, or if it's their own proprietary bullshit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003
Right, I can find them for sale, but I can't determine if it's a real USB standard, or if it's Olympus' own thing.