Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rndm
Aug 31, 2001

:dukedog:
I'm posting this question for my friend who would like to see if anyone has any experience with this kind of stuff:

I recently resigned from my place of employment because I was pretty much forced out, it was going to lead to being fired. My supervisor was verbally very abusing and had made my life very difficult in addition to scheming to get me fired. Anyway, upon leaving the company, they offered me a severance package which I have accepted - I guess because they didn't want me to sue them? The HR rep said I can say it was a mutual understanding between the company and I and I was headed towards termination. He would confirm this if I put it in the claim.

I was also paying 80% of my paycheck to day care which didnt make sense for me to work since the other 20% covered my commute expenses

I am trying to apply for California unemployment benefits, but for my reason for being unemployed, I'm not sure what to write to ensure I get accepted for benefiits. Two options are:

1. It was a mutual agreement between Company and I and I have received a severance package from Company (very vague).

2. I resigned from my position because my salary was pretty much covering day care costs + commute. I plan on working from home in tech evenings and on weekends when my husband can care for our children.

Since I accepted the severance package, part of it was that I cannot file anything against the company or bad mouth them in anyway. Plus the HR guy would not confirm this if I apply for benefits.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what is a stronger case?

I appreciate your responses!

rndm fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU