Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

What would happen, if anything, to a bird/cat/dog etc if it ate a black widow or brown recluse? Ignoring the possibility of the spider biting the animal as it was ingested, would the venom in the spider, upon entering the animal's digestive system, cause the animal to die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

There's a high-res wallpaper site whose name I have forgotten that I cannot seem to find, and I'm tired of searching through page after page on Google, so maybe someone can pop in and tell me what it is. It's not Digital Blasphemy or Interfacelift.

All I can remember is a huge selection of his res wallpapers, with lots of categories, including search by dominant color (my words, not the actual search phrase).

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

Noni posted:

Please help, goons.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001344/ Came to mind, but probably not who you're looking for.

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

I swear I saw this functionality on YouTube at some point, but it's eluding me at the moment. For the record I am definitely not a YouTube pro.

How do I go about viewing things such as "Most viewed of all time" & "Most viewed in the category of..."?

I could have sworn these were links on the front page at some point, but I can't find them. Hell, I can't even really find a front page, everything seems to be in strangely crafted "Topics" that don't seem to follow any specific order.

Also, I think I inadvertently changed a setting somewhere, as I no longer have page numbers showing up at the bottom of channels. There is a "Load More" button in its place, and I can't figure out what I must have changed...it's quite annoying.

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

TheGame posted:

Well, this seems to be what you're after, though I don't think it's accessible through the front page anymore. I'm not sure about the page numbers. YouTube has done a number of site redesigns in the last few years, each one making it a lot harder for me to navigate.

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. Must be fairly well hidden, because I couldn't find a direct link to it anywhere.

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

Watching the election tonight and seeing what I assumed were a few secret service agents, a strange though came to mind.

I know that when a president dies, the vice president takes control for the remainder of the term (correct me if I'm wrong).

What would happen if, theoretically, Obama had a heart attack and died before being sworn in for his next term. Would Biden still take over for the next four years? Would Romney become president? I'm not sure if this interim period changes the normal course of action.

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

I was brainstorming ideas for story purposes and had a thought regarding personal legal responsibility in an unusual circumstance.

For example, it's winter in Minnesota, I'm walking down a somewhat rural road in freezing temperatures, and a car approaches. It slows considerably, the window rolls down, and a large object is tossed at me. Out of pure instinct I manage to catch it, and by the time I do, the car is far away and the weather makes it all but impossible at any sort of identification. I look at what I caught and it is a baby.

Moral issues aside, what legal responsibilities would I have in this situation? As the baby is in my possession, am I now responsible for it's well-being until I can give it to authorities? If I were to set it down on the side of the snowy road, where it would undoubtedly freeze to death, can I be held responsible for this?

The concept revolves around forced responsibility for another person, particularly when they are not capable of taking care of themselves. The baby/car/remoteness just made it easier to illustrate my point, but this could apply to a young child, elderly with certain issues, severely disabled person.

Can someone else (probably illegally) force me to temporarily become legally responsible for another person's life?

(As this is rather outlandish and somewhat general in nature, I figured this would be a better place than a legal thread. If I was mistaken, please let me know)

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

Oksana Baiul once gave an ice skating performance to the tune of No Doubt's song, I'm Just A Girl, which was broadcast on television and was on youtube for a short period. I have been unable to find this video since, and was hoping someone could locate it for me. If it helps, she was wearing a school outfit (skirt, white girls' shirt), and a backpack.

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

I'm looking for a pair of wireless bluetooth earbuds to use with my iPhone, but I've only found items that have a wire behind the head, which is not quite what I want.

Basically, I want The first item shown here, although this item doesn't appear to actually exist. Anyone have a lead on this, or is tech not at this point yet?

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

A few odd questions that have been crossed my mind:

1) Why do trailers and some RVs have thinner tires than cars/trucks?

2) Generally, in the US, would I be legally permitted to burn my house down, provided it was safely done and not for insurance fraud?

3) Are truth-revealing methods depicted in media (polygraph, sodium pentothal) actually effective, and if so, why are they not permitted in judicial proceedings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subway Ninja
Aug 24, 2005

Completely ignorant of basic biology here...

Why aren't there (afaik) any illnesses/diseases with positive symptoms, such as feeling energetic all day, clearing sinuses, or alleviating pain/fatigue?