Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

I prefer the stuff from The Body Shop (activist and white musk, specifically) but I've been told as a general rule you shouldn't use a bodywash all the time.

What, why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Affi posted:

Going back to the bacteria convo we had a page or so ago. I usually take a two hour walk to work when the weather permits. Ie. When it is warm outside. I have my lunch in my backpack. Is this stupid?

Kids in Scandinavia have been doing that forever, so it's probably going to be fine, but cheese and stuff like that won't taste as good. When I was a kid my mother would make me lunch at around 8AM and I would keep it in my bag for 3-4 hours before eating it, and I never got sick. The temperature rarely reaches over 25-30 ºC(77-86ºF,) though.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Avocados posted:

I'm going to regret asking but, is there any feasible paid work out there that can be done from home/on the go? I already have a steady source of income from work, but with college and rent, every extra dollar earned helps. I do have a constantly changing schedule given the nature of a retail. I do have free days randomly scattered about though. Something I could do whenever I catch a few hours or a day free would be cool. It sounds like those banner ads that say how a local Mom working from home makes 5k a week, but heck even just a hundred dollars more a month from a odd job would help tremendously.

I'm sure there's work out there, but any starters or pointers on how to go about that?

Legitimate Online Moneymaking Round 3

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Poldarn posted:

Does anyone actually admit to being a "hipster" or is that just what you call other people whose stylistic choices you don't approve of/ envy?

Yes, but only ironically.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Tiggum posted:

What? How?

wikipedia posted:

The phrase predates the use of the word "spade" as an ethnic slur against African Americans, which was not recorded until 1928; however, in contemporary U.S. society, the idiom is often avoided due to potential confusion with playing card references such as "black as the ace of spades".

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Can anyone tell me why I can't log into my hotmail/live account?

I couldn't remember my password today, so I made a new account, wrote down the password and reset the password for the old account. I then log out and find I still can't log into my old account with the new password I made. I log back into the new one to check the reset mail to see if I did anything wrong, but nope. I log out and try the old account and it finally works. I decide to add my new account to the list of e-mails I can send reset e-mails to, but when I do that it tells me to provide the password for the new account and it won't accept the one I wrote down for the new account or the one for the old. I'm getting a bit frustrated so I log out and try logging into my new one again, but it tells me I have the wrong pass/e-mail.

I then try to log into my old one, but it won't accept any passwords either. Thankfully I've provided my phone number to both accounts, so I ask for a single-use code. I receive it on my phone and punch it in where it says "single-use code," but then it tells me I have the incorrect password or e-mail again. :v: I know I don't have the wrong e-mail since I wouldn't have gotten a single-use code if I did, and I've tried punching in the code several times, so I'm pretty sure that's correct. I've also sent for a new code several times, but it never works.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

thrakkorzog posted:

Assuming hotmail isn't broken, which is a possibility, there could be several different reasons. Accidentally hitting caps lock is a pretty common mistake with passwords, especially if your password contains the letter A. And depending on the font, it's pretty easy to mistake the letters O and Q with each other, and the number 0, or a lowercase L with an I.

Since password fields usually just show up as something like *********, you can always open up a program like notepad, type in your password as plaintext, then copy/paste your password into the password box.

Yeah, I tried typing it into notepad and it showed up exactly as it should, but it still didn't work. Everything works, today though, so I guess Hotmail was just having problems. :ms:

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

El Jeffe posted:

Crossposting from the Witcher 3 thread:

So I just got this for PC, and I play on a 2560x1440 monitor. However, the game apparently thinks the monitor is 1280xsomething. Scaling the resolution up just zooms in. The selected resolutions that fit the screen are playable but look like poo poo. Anybody here had this problem?

I have the same resolution on my monitor, and I don't have any problems. Have you tried borderless window?

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

fishmech posted:

The kind that switch directly to another page are best for something like search results, the kind that open a new tab/window are best for something like a long article where you want the reader to be able to easily reference another page.

One of the news sites in my country has this incredibly annoying feature where if I middle click any link to open in a new tab it'll do that, but the original tab will also open the new link. Why would anyone code the links to do that and can I stop it using chrome?

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Danny Mainus. Doesn't look that funny, but the pronunciation is gold.
https://youtu.be/P3WaVactj5M

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
What features do you need in your weather app? I'm using Yr which I'm very happy with, but I don't have very advanced needs.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nrk.yr

Chickpea Roar fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 1, 2020

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Just yesterday all the text on this site and pretty much every other web page has shrunk to like size 6 on my phone. But it shows 100 percent when I check the settings. Nothing new updated, everything is just super tiny and I have to flip to landscape to even read anything.

If I enlarge the text in settings, any web page with images, they now overflow the screen. Wtf happened?

Desktop mode?

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Actually chewing the raspberries sounds weirder, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Carbon dioxide posted:

So they put down joke names like "poopies" or "born naked" to mess with the authorities.

So to this day, there's Dutch families with "poopies" or "born naked" as their last names.
Sadly this seems to be just a persistent myth.
https://www.naamkunde.net/?page_id=162