Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GundanianBlitz
Aug 7, 2006

It's hug therapy! It's supposed to calm him -- oh god, I think he just used the restroom in his shorts.
YAY! Finally a good excuse to post my dog! Banzai is a 7 year old Schipperke/Shiba Inu. We got him from the Humane Society, according to his history his old family bought him from a breeder and gave him up when he didn't get along with their ~~new girl pug puppy~~ :(

Why someone would PURPOSELY breed these two breeds together is beyond me but I'm happy with the result! I did my research on Shibas months before I adopted him, but had no clue about Schipperkes; I learned about them later. They are a spitz breed from Belgium, they hunted rats on barges, and they are just as douchey as any primitive type! Hooray!

P.S. I never want to own any other type of dog now. Stockholm syndrome!

"A cat? Where?!"

Lookin pretty (for a treat)

First day home (winning his heart with bully springs)

I have a feeling this thread is going to be nice and chill; I work with dogs and owners tend to be like their breed. Herding owners, for example, seem really high strung and expect their dog to obey no matter what. Retriever owners are pretty dumb and happy, and ignore any destruction caused by their dogs' happy dumb mayhem, as long as they're ~loyal~. Spitz and primitive breed owners generally accept their dog for who it is, and have infinite patience with their curly tailed monsters. I can appreciate that.

GundanianBlitz fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 3, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GundanianBlitz
Aug 7, 2006

It's hug therapy! It's supposed to calm him -- oh god, I think he just used the restroom in his shorts.
pfox - thanks! I think he's adorable, he especially knows how to turn up the charm when there's something in it for him.

I don't know about all spitzes (spitzen?), but my dog HATES dogs bigger than him. He tolerates small dogs and I've seen him get excited about pugs (ironically) but I've never seen him actually play with another dog. The few schipperkes I've seen at work CAN be playful, but when they decide they don't like someone that's IT, they have to be chased down and barked at incessantly.

• Locked thread