Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man, this explains so much about the chow my family had when I was growing up. Laid back and couldnt be assed to do anything until something that wasnt one of the family dared set foot in the yard. I have pretty vivid memories of wildlife crawling under the fence or birds flying into the garden only to have Tsar lunge out of nowhere. He swallowed a loving seagull that had right in front of me seconds before.

He got out a few times too, shoving his way past us out the gate. Most of the times he'd just stare at the other neighborhood dogs and then saunter back in, but on three occasions he ran off down the road, ignoring us as we ran after him and turn up days later, completely filthy.

He died at about 12 when a snake got into our yard and he did his usual thing, mauled it to death, though not quickly enough to avoid being bitted. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You may be developing a tolerance for it, because it's ALL OVER that last image.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My memories of my chow are of a very laid back dog. The only times I've seen him super active was when he was a puppy and when a small animal lands in the garden. A seagull landed and pecked at something on the ground and Tsar appeared out of nowhere and devoured the thing in one bite. Same with a bat that flew into the house. Just a brown meteor of fur out of the corner of your eye zooming through the scene, then whatever you were watching is in his stomach.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Koivunen posted:

This was at the end of April, we were watching a ship come through the harbor, and even though we live about a mile away from the harbor I forgot just how loud ship horns are when they go through the canal. Well, they blew the horn, and it startled Goliath so bad that he took off running and literally dragged my body fifty feet over ice and snow before slowing down. He's a very strong dog. Someone took my picture too... Embarrassing.

Oh my god, did you get them to send you the picture?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My old family chow was basically that big old orange one. Stoic as hell, could stand there like a statue and be so aloof. :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHw1qhY9KbI
"No you cant make me look your way. This doesnt count."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

drat, your corgi is 4 feet tall?

• Locked thread