Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
So I've decided to stop being so lazy and finally post about Kiya!

Her favorite napping position.

I've posted this one before,but I just enjoy the way she is kinda just staring at me saying, "what?" Cuz that is totally the most natural way to sleep.

So I've had her ~2 1/2 months now. Not my first foray into the Ancient breed since my previous dog was some sort of Akita/Husky mix. I've had different dogs over the years,but after owning one Spitz breed, I can't see myself owning anything but another one from now on.

So onto Kiya.

I got her from a local rescue. I was told her original owners had to give her up because she was getting aggressive towards their 2 year old. Her medical paperwork also had mentions of them calling the vet about rehoming. From what I've with her and kids from as young as my neighbors ~8-10 month old, to the older kids in the neighborhood, that kid had to be doing something really stupid. She has never growled at any kid including the young one who does what a baby would do. Poke and pull poo poo. I obviously still watch her,but hey their loss is my gain.

I wasn't told anything about dog aggression,but that exists slightly. It doesn't seem to have any real triggers that I can find. She just hates some dogs. Like the other nearby Husky that she wants to see oh so bad,but when they meet she just growls and lunges at. She is better with other dogs in the neighborhood, like the Pit she loves playing with. And by playing I mean she smacks the poo poo out of him, while he runs around like a retard.

She DID like the Pit next door until that got hit by a car about a month ago. :(

She is pretty goofy when it comes to taking a piss. She starts off like a normal female dog,but then lifts her back legs off the ground and continues to pee while taking a few steps. Male dog marked some bushes? No problem. She'll position herself, handstand and pee. Today she did her handstand and kept on walking for about 5 steps. It is amazing to watch.

Oh, she also came with the awesome trick of,"rip daddy's arm out of its socket!" She came with a pinch collar and I found out quickly why. It has taken a lot of work to break basically 4 years of pulling on walks to get her way,but she is a lot better about it now. The only time she still really pulls is when we start walking and when she gets somewhat close to another dog. Both being caused by excitement and I'm working on curbing that still.

Cless Alvein fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
This butt

I left a breakfast burrito and mcmuffin on living room table and went out to get some onions and stuff. I came back to find the mcmuffin wrapper in pieces on the right and a missing burrito.

She hid it under her bed to eat later.

She knows not to touch food if I am there, but all bets are off once I am no longer present. I was too busy laughing to even be slightly angry at her. Especially since it was my fault for leaving it where she could reach it.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Ponyfields posted:

This is true of all double coated Prim breeds. I now own two Shikoku ken and am thinking of adding a third once the current pupster finishes maturing.

I wish I could get a second husky or other prim breed, but sadly Kiya is fairly dog aggressive. Especially towards other huskies. No idea why they set her off so much.

I only know of two dogs she actively likes and plays with. They're both male pit bulls. She came from a rescue after previous owners had to give up due to moving. They had another dog she grew up with. Guessing it was a pit bull based on her love for them.

Nobody will believe me when I say she is 8
Everyone assumes she is a puppy because she tops out at ~38lbs. Guess people are used to the super huge huskies or just confusing malamutes and huskies.

She's kinda a whore. Will spread her legs for anybody.

Also super interested in my skink. Has tried to take a nibble a couple times. Only reptile that she cares about. Probably because it is big enough for her to notice it actually exists. Also Buttercup totally bit her nose when he was an angry youngster.

Cless Alvein fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 24, 2017

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Omg I'm sorry! Any idea what caused the whole lungs leaking thing?

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Yeah Kiya is an odd duck in terms of trying to escape.

I've gone out to find the gate wide open and she is just chilling in the yard like nothing is going on. If I'm in the garage doing something with the door open, she won't come in unless I tell her to. At that point she could flee all she wanted, but she just stays near me or maybe creeps into front lawn a bit to sniff grass and returns right away the minute I saw something to her.

I don't do the latter too often due to her being animal aggressive. If I'm in there odds are good that I can't pay enough attention to watch for people walking dogs and hold her at bay.

Her new favorite sleeping spot.

I got new carpet installed and need to trim the doors to fit...I'm probably not going to reinstall that door since she likes it so much.

• Locked thread