Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
All I can say is, I have a WHOLE lot of respect for people who can handle primitive breeds. Years ago when I knew literally nothing about dogs (I had grown up with dogs, but apparently that hadn't translated into dog knowledge) I adopted an Akita from a shelter based on nothing other than "Wow he sure is pretty!!!! Akitas are very ~dominant~ dogs so I'll be sure to alpha roll him a lot!!!:downs:" It ended in typical "stupid person adopts primitive breed" fashion, with him loving up a lot of poo poo because I was an idiot and had no clue how to handle him.

They are beautiful dogs, but they really do require a ton of knowledge and a certain personality type to handle them correctly, and it's so, so easy to gently caress up with them and when you do inevitably gently caress up, it can take months/years to undo one seconds worth of damage. Makes me really glad for my super easy, ultra biddable, "I'll do anything you say oh god just love me please" breed choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Captain Log posted:

I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight. Or ever again, really.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

notsoape posted:

..They didn't have colour photography in the 19th century ;). The dog is stuffed. And looks like Frankie so idk what Super is talking about :rolleyes:

Um excuse me maybe you shouldn't make fun of Frankie like that he is very sensitive?????????

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

That....was the worst thing I have ever read, oh my god. :(

• Locked thread