Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

ButWhatIf posted:

FAKE EDIT: Urgh, the original breeder's website grosses me out. On it, she says that it was all for the purpose of her "dream of recreating one little miniature husky." So, no, it's complete aesthetics and no real purpose at all, then.

omg, is THAT what people are always talking about "miniature huskies"? I was always too scared to google it, whenever I bring up my dad's old huskies EVERY SINGLE TIME the person I'm talking to goes ZOMG HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE MINIATURE HUSKIES THEYZ SOOOO CUUUUUUTE ZOMG

I'm weirdly unconvinced on this whole smaller = better thing, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. I used to ride those huskies like ponies when I was a toddler. WOLF STEEDS! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

hey, is anyone doing / has anyone done a Korean Jindo post for this thread? I've been doing crazy amounts of reading on them, may be getting one this summer, if anyone's interested in the Shiba's larger psycho cousin from two countries over ...

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

paisleyfox posted:

Dude, I was thinking of eventually getting to Jindos, but seeing how long it took me to do the friggin Shiba post, I have no idea when that would be.

Write it up if you want to! :haw: I love Jindo! And I only know a little about them, so please go nuts!

ok, calling dibs on it then. Have some cute for now:

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

jindo post is nearly done, I'm just annoyed because most of it is more or less "yep, jindos do *generic primitive thing* only, you know, MORE"

edit: gonna move this question somewhere it'll be not a derail.

fuzzy_logic fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 1, 2011

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

Does anyone here have experience with Taiwan dogs? They're advertised pretty hard on the west coast, you adopt them from overseas and they ship them to you. The problem (like I said in the little questions thread) is that they want you to adopt one really badly so I can't find anything bad anyone has to say about them and I want to get a better idea of what they're like. Questions thread said they're more primitive than I thought they were. I like primitive fine but I was led to believe they were easier to train and more eager to please than say, a shiba inu?

It was all just marketing wasn't it ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

paisleyfox posted:

I think someone on here adopted one before, but I can't remember where the discussion was.

I think they're really just general muttkins, tbh, so they would be theoretically easier than a primitive breed. Let me see if I can't find that story, though I'm certain you'll need archives if it's not in the random nonsense thread...

yeah, no archives, sorry. I got the impression that, having been drug up off the street they're just so drat happy to be warm and fed that they're a lot more tractable.

The pictures look so sad ...:ohdear:

• Locked thread