Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Agreed! Clearly you need a matching pair of Quaffledogs in your life. :3:

99% of up to date pictures I have of Hrafn were taken for the Wake Up Your Dog thread.

Bonus non-sleep video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Oh my goodness. :3:

Iyola turned 8 today (I thought she was younger, whoops) She's doing well despite her arthritis and still thinks carrots are The Best Thing.

Hrafn is... well. He's Hrafn.

:geno:

Sock Weasel fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 6, 2012

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Hrafn is an absolute dream to walk alone and will just plod alongside you, but the moment I walk him with my folks dog (who is a pulling machine in spite of a canny collar) he will instantly get all excited and start straining. :sigh: Looks like I need to work on the manners of my parents' dog while I'm here.

Raf has the wimpiest bark ever when he's playing, it's actually embarrassing. He has however started hiding behind this bush during play which is just :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX4tYRjV520

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

He tries, he really does... Play dead, roll over and spin.

(I'm well aware my treats and cues are way out; juggling a phone and treats is hard but it's also endlessly amusing to watch him flail about. :colbert:) I'm stocked that he's finally getting the hang of spin though!

http://youtu.be/J6uUQmQreCI

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

D'awww Sitka. :3:

Hrafn: A Jumble of Legs, co-starring Iyola Fivetoes. My dogs are broken.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Sun

Spiders?

Stubbs. (Who still looks like a fatty despite having been on a diet and actually losing weight. I blame the stumpylegs and barrel chest. :colbert:)

A couple of Youtube links of his prancing for good measure. The bark lining in the back yard is getting pulled up in a couple of weeks so we're letting them enjoy thrashing it for now.

Aside from that I'm in the middle of sorting out arrangements for transporting him from England to Texas with me in a few months when I move and ugh I am so nervous about flying him. I couldn't care less if all of my stuff gets lost or damaged in transit, I just want my dog to arrive in one piece without too much stress. The length of his ears means that he needs a custom crate to be built to accommodate his height... taping his ears to his head would be cool, right? :saddowns:

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Triangulum posted:

Check out Sky Kennel's XXL crates. They are stupid expensive but they were the only crates large enough to transport my GSD internationally. I believe this is the one I have

That one would still apparently be just too small for him. Sat down he is 34" from floor to ear tip and I've been told that most airlines will check for a 2-3" clearance. On the bright side I got a quote back from the pet transport company United prefer using and he's telling me that a custom wooden crate will actually work out as £90 cheaper than the Giant Vari Kennel. Yay? :psyduck:

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Triangulum posted:

Well at least you'll save some money! :v: I'm so glad we shipped Vecna when he was younger, it would have sucked balls to do it now that he's super gigantic. What airline are you using?

United, with any luck he'll be on the same flight as me too.

e: He will be! :toot: All booked in and confirmed.

Sock Weasel fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 25, 2013

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

^ Oh my gosh. :3:

Today was Summer bath day aka Obligatory Mohawk Day for Hrafn.

Apparently he decided to just morph all the way into a hyena.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

The two of us are settling down in Texas (from England) and the only downside has been the heat. :gonk: It's been raining for the past two days though and is finally a nice cool 24°C / 76°F outside today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G1RIGhABck

I think he's happy about it.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Serella posted:

The only downside is the heat? You must not have met Texas' wildlife yet.

or their gun happy residents (kidding but not really):downsgun:

Hahaha. Oh don't worry, I ran into a female cicada killer digging a burrow in our front yard and drat near pissed myself. Reading up on how docile they are doesn't change the fact that everything is bigger in Texas. :cry: I haven't seen any of the 'bad' spiders yet and I'm doing just fine pretending they don't exist.

Sock Weasel fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 15, 2013

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Come back, thread.

e:

Sock Weasel fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 14, 2013

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Who says CsV's can't be police dogs pffffft. :colbert:

Yeah he chewed almost all the way through his canny-collar strap while we were sat having lunch. Asshat.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Aaaa! :3: She reminds me of huskyjackal's Diaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Xun posted:

So how often do you guys think it's actually true when someone claims their dog is actually ~half wolf~ or coyote or something?

Maybe 2% and I currently live in Texas which is a hot spot for lovely ~wolf dawg~ breeders. I had someone insist that their husky must be part wolf because he had one blue eye.

My dog is pretty wolfy-looking so I get to hear every single tale of how their mother's brother's friend totally owns a 100% wolf and how amazing it is with everyone. :suicide:

Not a wolf mix or coyote overlord. :ssh: He's a Vlcak so I guess technically WAY back they're a wolf mix but there has been no new wolf blood in his lines since 1974. As a breed they are very much dogs; they're challenging but definitely nowhere near the level of actual wolf mixes. Wolves make lovely pets and I think people kinda detract from their pretty prim dog by falsely labelling it as a wolf mix.

• Locked thread