Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

Growing up we owned a wolfdog. He was only about 1/4 but he still retained a lot of the wolf temperament. I wish I had pics of his mother (who we also owned but sadly died at 4 years old due to a vet's error in administering anesthesia - saddest ever) but she was even worse (but GORGEOUS). I have no idea how my parents came about owning Shannon, as they got her before I was born, but this was in the early 80s, so I'm sure people were doing some shady dog stuff back then. After Shannon died, one of my mom's friends who had originally taken Bear from us when he was a pup, gave him back to us because he was "impossible to handle". He lived to be 16 and turned out to be one of the most amazing, loyal assholes of a dog I've ever owned. He was about 13 years old here:

We ended up getting one of his many pups (my parents were pretty wary against having him neutered after the anesthesia incident with Shannon and Bear was the sort of dog that ran away nightly only to return in the morning. We lived pretty much out in the country, but I do believe he managed to sire something like 5 litters between different dogs. Definitely something I do not approve of now, but again, my parents were super wary about having him fixed and this was the late 80s-early 90s. They do fix their dogs now, thankfully). Cubby was the absolute opposite of Bear: loving, dopey, goofy, etc... He was half Akita and somehow became the most roly-poly friendly dog ever.

Not really the greatest pic ever, but I think it was taken on a crappy one time use camera in like '94. I really need to scan some more pictures of them next time I'm out by my parents.

Now I own a dog who most people assume is a wolfdog, but I highly doubt he is. I do think he has some Chow in him, but he doesn't really have any of the primitive temperament at all. I have no idea what he is, really, other than a GIANT DORK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread