Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Here's my new little guy, Thor!

The lady and I talked about getting a dog for a while and got turned down since we didn't have a fully fenced in yard. A few months later, new house, etc. and she finds this guy on CL. Apparently some military family living in a tiny apartment had him and thought he was too much work. My gain.

Day we got him. Check out the cat peeking around the door.

:smug:

Squinty, about to eat my Tigers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

quote:

He's so cute!! Man, the people who had him before sure didn't give him a whole lot of time before they gave him up, did they? :(

How are you guys handling him so far? Husky puppies are a real handful. Especially when you teach them all sorts of great things, and they're listening really well, then they hit 8 months old and decide they're going to "forget" everything you taught them. :laugh: You'll have to keep us updated on him and post lots of pictures!

Thanks! They had a really small apartment, a two year old daughter and another kid on the way, and I think they were getting transferred. He was 3 months when we got him, and it's been a month and a day since then.

As far as his training/handling, he's been fantastic. He's my first dog as an adult (I'm 35), and I've been really stressy about doing everything correctly. I'm crate training him, which he HATED at first, but I think this was due to some bad advice: A dog trainer told me to keep him crated constantly for 4-6 weeks, and only let him out to produce and 15 minutes of playtime every few hours. Being a husky, obviously this didn't work, so he's crated only when we're gone or sleeping. I try to take him with me as many places as I can so he can meet lots of people and get used to it. He gets to go to the dog park/beach every couple of days and is AWESOME with other dogs. Loves riding in the car and when I blast Baroness, so he's got good taste in metal!

After about 3.5 weeks, it seems like his potty training is actually working; he's coming to me and whining when he needs to go out, so I guess this is a good sign!

More pics soon!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

enzeen posted:

I really like his mask. He's got a fleur-de-lis on his forehead. Very sharp looking pup.

The folks that had him before thought it looked like a spade, thus his old name of Spades. I think it's closer to a club or a fleur-de-lis, which is fitting, since most of my fam lives in New Orleans and I'm a Saints fan!

Pics in a few!

EDIT: Somehow I've been on this site for 6 years and never bought an avatar. Anyone in this thread any good at making them?

EdsTeioh fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 28, 2010

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Oh man, Kaiden is awesome!

demozthenes posted:

My pug used to howl along to doom metal, so bust out the Pentagram and see if Thor does, too. :black101:

Got him jamming to Sleep's Holy Mountain!

new photobomb!

We took him to Barktoberfest yesterday, some big dog convention thingy.

I can haz snocone?

Yes I can.

also i can has a cherry coke zero

Very first pic I took of him, the minute he got in my car.

yay!

day 1, drinkin' water!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

WolfensteinBag posted:

Zeus is super cute, too! :3: I LOVE that blue tongue picture, it looks like it's photoshopped or something since his mouth is still super white. Seeing pictures of him makes me wish I could have seen Buddy as a puppy, I bet he was ridiculously cute, too. :3: How are things going with him so far?

Thor? He's doing pretty well! The potty thing is getting a lot better, but lately he's still doing this deal where he gets a bit excited and leaks when he comes to tell us it's time to go out. Then I get little trails of pee on the hardwood.

He's also getting some pretty bad food aggression. I've started holding his bowl while he eats so he doesn't get all growly, but he's doing this thing now where he really doesn't even chew and tries to get his whole bowl of food down in one go.

Other than all that, he's really well behaved, and his puppy nipping is waning (thank god).

How old is Buddy?

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I was just about to say that Thor never sleeps in the Huskyball, then I see this:

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

^^^ This is how Thor USUALLY sleeps; I guess he got the vibe that I think that huskyball is AWESOME!! Then again, living in Florida, splayed out is probably the most comfortable way to sleep.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

rivals posted:

Once Sitka and Thor are old enough we will revamp the design :)

Yay! Thor's on the team! As a side note, he's been really ill yesterday/today after a trip to the dog beach. Thanks a lot, BP.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Oh man I haven't posted in here in forever. I really need to put up some more pics of Thor now that he's all growed up.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

WolfensteinBag posted:

Yes. Yes you do. :colbert: I was thinking I need to get some new ones of Buddy, too. All his pictures look the same, though, just him laying around, for the most part. :downs: It's too hot to do anything fun outside with him, but I'll have to figure out some sort of excuse to take pictures...

I've been so busy with work and school lately that I've been neglecting all of my internet poo poo.

bad news/good news though, he almost died a couple of weeks ago, but he's back up to fighting strength, with probably more energy than before.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

WolfensteinBag posted:

Geeze, what happened? :(

Long story short, my (now ex) GF tried to OD on klonopins and Thor ended up eating a bunch of them. There's a wall of text post about the saga over in the Breakup Megathread in E/N.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

It's...better, I guess. Still rough, but Thor and I are managing. He and I just split a gyro and he's asleep on my feet, so that's a good thing.

• Locked thread