Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Just wanted to post my appreciation for Prof. Clumsy's breakdown of the confusing action in Resident Evil: Afterlife. I haven't seen it, and don't intend to, but if I did then I'm 90% certain that poo poo would bother me, and 100% certain I'd have trouble articulating why. I feel I'm terrible at explicitly noticing most dumb poo poo in movies; if I do notice it's usually expressed as a general dislike. Reading analysis such as this one helps me to be a more alert and critical viewer, which is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I laughed at this bit in the Soul Surfer review:

Emilio Vargo posted:

When not singing in church for way too long or looking directly at the camera and saying how wonderful home schooling is, Bethany likes surfing, talking about surfing, surfing in flashbacks, making voice overs about surfing, and clapping her hands. She will be unable to do one of those by the end of the film.

Now for the bad part: You used infer when you meant imply :argh:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
The caption "Spoiler: He falls and dies" on the Mission Impossible pic made me laugh. Great job, Clumsy!

• Locked thread