Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I'm glad the good boy g0m is writing reviews now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I would rather there was just a regular review, thank you.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Ebert's review of Irreversible says

quote:

The party scenes, and the revealing dress, are seen in hindsight as a risk that should not have been taken. Instead of making Alex look sexy and attractive, they make her look vulnerable and in danger. While it is true that a woman should be able to dress as she pleases, it is not always wise.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

Ebert's review of Irreversible says

I just think it's so weird because he's simultaneously saying both "Well, of course women should be able to wear whatever they want." and "Shouldn't have worn that if she didn't wanna get raped"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Hello. I've read Current Releases for a few years now. Please, please, stop searching for symbolism or giving me your random unrelated opinions on feminism and race relations or whatever and just tell me if you enjoyed watching it or not. Did it feel badly paced? Was it original, or stale and overplayed? Nobody is looking for anything else on a movie reviews column.

This is where I'm at too. It has definitely become much worse recently.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I really liked the review of Frances Ha Vargo did and wish CR was more like that, and less like the Gone Girl review. Have a good day!!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
My condolences to anyone Black Bones is trying to defend.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I feel this thread has reached the point where everyone has aired their grievances and there's nothing left but a few people repeating the same complaints to each other ad nauseum.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Everyone stop posting in this thread just so Black Bones can't reply to people anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

Great work guys.

See you next week.

You lost the argument dude

• Locked thread