Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Jesus Christ, I have no interest in seeing either of the last two movies reviewed, but I was still super excited to read every bit of a new Current Releases. Seriously, not only has this become my primary source for movie criticism, but I love reading it just for the brilliant way it often deconstructs typical movie reviews (all of the bits about the hair puns in the review of 'Tangled' were dead on and hilarious).

This probably sounds like I am a huge rear end kisser but I cannot give this poo poo enough love, it is seriously one of the few things I look forward to from week to week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Vargo posted:

I can think of two times this has happened. The first is Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, where the character in question lives with a bunch of young men and actually tells a female character "I'm starting to see why maybe someone might possibly kinda be interested and attracted to someone of your gender, sort of."

I would make the argument that Clumsy didn't even see enough gay subtext in that film, since there is a ton between Sherlock and Watson as well as parallels between them and Moriarty/his man-servant sniper.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Professor Clumsy posted:

Haha, maybe. Although I'd probably say that Sherlock Holmes is more about marriage in general than strictly same-sex relationships, much like The Odd Couple.

Haha that's a good point. In any case it is definitely not a film where you can say that any gay innuendo is all in the reviewer's head.

• Locked thread