Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I impulse drunken purchased Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest.

How on a scale of Dark Souls to Neptunia, how much terrible animes am I in for?

Is the gameplay any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Annath posted:

I impulse drunken purchased Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest.

How on a scale of Dark Souls to Neptunia, how much terrible animes am I in for?

Is the gameplay any good?

Finest SRPG gameplay this side of the millennia, and you'll get on an FBI watchlist if you search for the other works of the character artist. (It's still less anime and less mentally disturbing than many Vita games)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 21, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I am in love with Yakuza 5 and I'm only on First Part, Chapter 4 (along with all the available secondary stuff completed)...

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Trying to buy tales of cold steel but I keep having a problem where I can log into PSN for as long as I want but as soon as I open the store, it says I've signed out of playstation network. Anyone know how to fix this?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

Trying to buy tales of cold steel but I keep having a problem where I can log into PSN for as long as I want but as soon as I open the store, it says I've signed out of playstation network. Anyone know how to fix this?

The store has straight up not been working for me for like a month now.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Hmm I was able to buy Yakuza 5 a couple weeks ago though

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Stefan Prodan posted:

You should use the web store, even after you figure this one out

http://store.playstation.com

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I assumed if I did use the web store I would only be able to download the game by logging into the store on my PS3?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Stefan Prodan posted:

I assumed if I did use the web store I would only be able to download the game by logging into the store on my PS3?

I *think* you can tell the webstore to download the game to your PS3 at the end of the transaction.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Stefan Prodan posted:

PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Cool thanks

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

slidebite posted:

I had something odd start happening with my front loading slim (not superslim).

The past few weeks sometimes it won't sign in to my wifi, however all my other wireless devices do just fine. Easiest way I found around it was to go to the router, turn off the wifi for a moment (it has its own on/off button for radio), turn it back on and the PS3 signs in fine and streams/PSN like normal. I'm not power cycling the router, just the radio on it.

Any idea WTF?

I know PS3 wifi has never been stellar, but i was using this router absolutely no problem for the past year or so.

This is from ages ago but I had this exact problem! The issue was my router being setup to limit the number of devices that could connect to it. The PS3 was the first device to get booted off the network. I removed the device limit and have never had a problem since.

I setup my router 2 years before I had the issue, and in that time I moved in with my girlfriend and our wireless device numbers exploded. That's when the problem appeared.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I will look at that, thanks. I don't think it has a limit but I would be lying if I said I was sure.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Stefan Prodan posted:

Usually, deleting the store app and reinstalling it fixes that problem.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What's the recommended driver for using a PS3 controller on windows?

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I've been using ScpToolkit and it works pretty well. I haven't tried to use it wireless, though. It's a continuation of XInput Wrapper since the original author disappeared. Motionjoy is supposed to be full of malware, so I'd stay away from that.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I bought a PS3 and the following games: Metal Gear Solid HD, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Uncharted: Drake Fortune

good gaming times ahead!

Maybe not with Uncharted

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Get the first MGS off PSN if you haven't already played it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I played it ages ago. If I was gonna get it again, I'd hunt down a physical copy. there's no way I could still remember that Codec frequency

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I played it ages ago. If I was gonna get it again, I'd hunt down a physical copy. there's no way I could still remember that Codec frequency

They give you an electronic copy of the manual or you can check a faq.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's not the same

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is Resident Evil Revelations 2 good? I liked the first one on the 3DS

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

boom boom boom posted:

Is Resident Evil Revelations 2 good? I liked the first one on the 3DS

Short answer: no. Slightly longer answer: it's episodic (why) and doesn't seem to understand what made the first one good.

If you have a PS3 and are fishing for recommendations, you need to check the Yakuza series.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

it's episodic (why)

Probably because the first one was episodic, and that had a pretty good reason for it - it's initial release was on the 3DS. (Giving players regular places to stop and quit while playing out of the house, etc).

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Saoshyant posted:

Short answer: no. Slightly longer answer: it's episodic (why) and doesn't seem to understand what made the first one good.

If you have a PS3 and are fishing for recommendations, you need to check the Yakuza series.

What didn't you like about it? I liked the more subdued horror of the first one, even if it was unusual for the Resident Evil franchise.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Probably because the first one was episodic, and that had a pretty good reason for it - it's initial release was on the 3DS. (Giving players regular places to stop and quit while playing out of the house, etc).

No, I meant that it was released as an episodic thing as if it was a Telltale thing. Except it had a ludicrous amount of DLC and you never felt like you owned the actual thing. And then it turned out that even with all the episodes together it was still shorter in length than it should have been.

The episodic structure isn't ideal for consoles or PCs either, but that wasn't what I was getting at.

boom boom boom posted:

I liked the more subdued horror of the first one, even if it was unusual for the Resident Evil franchise.

How do you feel about the co-op in RE5?

I think the biggest sin of the game, though, is that the controls are actually much better than the 3DS game, but you have to unlock movements like you were playing a Platinum title. Here, I don't feel that works well at all.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Saoshyant posted:

No, I meant that it was released as an episodic thing as if it was a Telltale thing. Except it had a ludicrous amount of DLC and you never felt like you owned the actual thing. And then it turned out that even with all the episodes together it was still shorter in length than it should have been.

That wouldn't be a problem for me, because I can just buy the whole game now

Saoshyant posted:

How do you feel about the co-op in RE5?

It was a lot of fun!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

The episodic structure isn't ideal for consoles or PCs either, but that wasn't what I was getting at.

Ahhhh, I didnt know they actually made it an episodic release.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

It was a lot of fun!

Well, then, it wasn't for me, but it's clearly the game for you.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

My Dualshock 3's left stick has started to do this extremely annoying thing where when it's in the rest position, if I nudge it a tiny little bit it will read an input to the left. This makes it extremely hard to stand still in some games. Sometimes it will even read fake inputs to the left when I'm pointing in any arbitrary direction! Is this a common issue, and can I fix it with a screwdriver and some good luck? Or will I need to fork over the ridiculous price these are still fetching for if I want to ever conveniently play PS3 games again?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

could be some dust or other crap in there. wouldnt hurt to open it up and try to clean it out. sometimes sticks go bad though. be thankful you arent using 360 controllers

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Hey yo, dead thread. If I had the choice between the cech-4001b super slim model, and the cech-2501a slim model, which should I pick? Looks like it's 250gb vs 160gb, both have no backwards compatibility, and the super slim has a disk tray. Anything else I need to know?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Deep Winter posted:

Hey yo, dead thread. If I had the choice between the cech-4001b super slim model, and the cech-2501a slim model, which should I pick? Looks like it's 250gb vs 160gb, both have no backwards compatibility, and the super slim has a disk tray. Anything else I need to know?

cech 2501a has a 50/50 chance of being able to be flashed to run homebrew. super slim runs louder with discs but is completely silent with digital. Everything else is pretty much identical aside from the other reasons you listed.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Hahaha I still can't loving buy Yakuza 5 off PSN. For some reason trying again once resulted in 3 missed charges in the transaction history.

I might just get a wallet code, get that game almost out of spite, and then strongly consider staying the hell out of the PS ecosystem in the current gen. At least MS never turned down my money.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Amppelix posted:

My Dualshock 3's left stick has started to do this extremely annoying thing where when it's in the rest position, if I nudge it a tiny little bit it will read an input to the left. This makes it extremely hard to stand still in some games. Sometimes it will even read fake inputs to the left when I'm pointing in any arbitrary direction! Is this a common issue, and can I fix it with a screwdriver and some good luck? Or will I need to fork over the ridiculous price these are still fetching for if I want to ever conveniently play PS3 games again?

I just had the exact same thing happen to mine. I wound up just buying a new controller.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Clamknuckle posted:

I just had the exact same thing happen to mine. I wound up just buying a new controller.

Incidentally, I "solved" my issue by just using my Dualshock 4, despite it only half working with the game (Trails of Cold Steel). It fails to detect diagonal inputs, but the game's an RPG so it didn't really matter. Hopefully the only other game I will probably want to play on the PS3 ever, Persona 5, will also support it (and also hopefully the PS3 version doesn't suck). I would feel really silly buying a controller as expensive as the game just to play it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

skooma512 posted:

Hahaha I still can't loving buy Yakuza 5 off PSN. For some reason trying again once resulted in 3 missed charges in the transaction history.

I might just get a wallet code, get that game almost out of spite, and then strongly consider staying the hell out of the PS ecosystem in the current gen. At least MS never turned down my money.

It's really bad the solution is to just PSN cards. Sucks when you have to buy more than you need sometimes.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

If I want to play Yakuza but probably will only play one or two of the games in the series, which one should I get?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Spoderman posted:

If I want to play Yakuza but probably will only play one or two of the games in the series, which one should I get?

4 or 5, 4 has the videos wrapping up 1 2 and 3, but 5 is better overall. If you like one of them, then you can get the other! And potentially some of the older games if you find them cheap at a pawn shop or some poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Captain Novolin posted:

4 or 5, 4 has the videos wrapping up 1 2 and 3, but 5 is better overall. If you like one of them, then you can get the other! And potentially some of the older games if you find them cheap at a pawn shop or some poo poo!
Is it important to know the plot of the first three games? I'm in the same boat as Spoderman, I would like to play Yakuza but I don't have the time anymore to play through all of them really

• Locked thread