Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Eastenders is rather entertaining tonight :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Peggy going OTT with the minstrel look there.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Pub is burning down , smoke filling your lungs...what do you do? go for the money in the till for more crack.

Phil mitchell you true crackhead :allears:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So no one died it looks like, that was lame as hell unless Stacy dies later I guess. The square demands blood.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

LE0N posted:

Pub is burning down , smoke filling your lungs...what do you do? go for the money in the till for more crack.

Phil mitchell you true crackhead :allears:

I'll suck for crack!

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Is anyone else finding the new iPlayer a bit of a pain? Can you actually still get 7 days of programming or is it down to 3/4 now? Also I don't like that you can't seem to view all the programmes on a particular channel/station in alphabetical order anymore.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I think it's wicked. It still has the full 7 days although you're right, you can't order it by channel and have all the shows listed alphabetically.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I thought a small chunk of the 'enders were going to die in the fire. I did like the Shining reference though.

I saw phil in Tescos a few weeks back, he looked skinny as gently caress. I guess I know why now. Pretty good acting really.

Selma_Alabama
Sep 9, 2010
Honestly I wasn't that impressed by the EastEnders tonight. Most of it consisted of the various residents of Albert Square crawling out of the pub while coughing and spluttering.

Also, the continuity announcer person said that secrets would be revealed during the episode. None of it was anything new for us viewers. Quite disappointing, really.

Crackhead Phil is funny as always, though :).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

LE0N posted:

"What i need....What i need is CRAAACK!"

Phil Mitchell. Eastenders 2010.

Truly the hero of a generation. A generation that shoots crack.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
That Derren Brown thing was pretty crazy, but how can that dude sign up for TV Show and go to interviews but cant do the same for switching to a career in the Police?

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.
So I just watched Eastenders on bbci and for a split second thought Peggy was going to be killed by that final explosion at the end of the episode, only to be disappointed. I can't think of a more memorable send-off for a long time actress then having her character's charred corpse being flung across the square.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.

w0o0o0o posted:

I can't think of a more memorable send-off for a long time actress then having her character's charred corpse being flung across the square...

And hitting Janine in the FACE.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I hope someone can make a gif of Dot lighting a fag and then the scene of her running from the burning Vic.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Lady Galaga posted:

That Derren Brown thing was pretty crazy, but how can that dude sign up for TV Show and go to interviews but cant do the same for switching to a career in the Police?
I was actually thinking this exact thought earlier today. The most plausible reason is that it's not real.

Derren Brown annoys me because so much of what he does is completely batshit and beyond the realm of an illusionist and yet I'm compelled to believe it's true for no real reason other than wishful thinking. "There's no way that guy on the plane and his family were all actors because that would be so lame." "Oh man, that would totally suck if his Lottery prediction was just a camera trick." This kind of bullshit logic must be how cults and MLMs and poo poo get popular. :(

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Some Strange Flea posted:

I was actually thinking this exact thought earlier today. The most plausible reason is that it's not real.

Derren Brown annoys me because so much of what he does is completely batshit and beyond the realm of an illusionist and yet I'm compelled to believe it's true for no real reason other than wishful thinking. "There's no way that guy on the plane and his family were all actors because that would be so lame." "Oh man, that would totally suck if his Lottery prediction was just a camera trick." This kind of bullshit logic must be how cults and MLMs and poo poo get popular. :(

But you could say this about pretty much every magician. The explanation is always going to be mundane.

Selma_Alabama
Sep 9, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

I hope someone can make a gif of Dot lighting a fag and then the scene of her running from the burning Vic.

This reminds me, Dot was holding one in each hand during the wedding reception. Ha.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

Figaro posted:

And hitting Janine in the FACE.

Looking at the BBC news websites picture about the episode you think that was about to happen. I dont know if the person who chose that image was going for suspense or simply taking the piss.

Gandalf: You shall not pass!
Peggy: Roar!

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Some Strange Flea posted:

same here

and there's a bit in one of his books about the use of actors or stooges:

wiki posted:

Brown claims to never use actors or "stooges" in his work. In Tricks of the Mind, Brown writes that such a ploy is "artistically repugnant and simply unnecessary"; furthermore, he "would not want any participant to watch the TV show when it airs and see a different or radically re-edited version of what he understood to have happened

But then he would say that he doesn't use actors, whether he does or not, and he's built an amazing reputation up so people are likely to believe him. Hard to know what to think but I'd rather believe it's not just a con because he clearly is incredibly skilled at what he does and it would just be a bit poo poo if some of what he does is all faked

the lottery thing was a camera trick though blatantly

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Afterdark posted:

Looking at the BBC news websites picture about the episode you think that was about to happen. I dont know if the person who chose that image was going for suspense or simply taking the piss.

Gandalf: You shall not pass!
Peggy: Roar!

Director: Cut!
Sir Ian: Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
Babs Babs Babs Babs ACTION GET OUTTA MAH PUB!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Phil Mitchell: Mad for Crack.

I hope he dies.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm not sure Eastenders will ever be able to top last nights episode. Phil on crack burning down the Vic, Stacey being mental and getting a slap from Pat, and Ryan being a superhero. I'm glad neither Stacey nor Peggy died, seems a bit of a obvious way for a character to leave a soap.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It is obvious how Peggy is going to die.

Phil is going to kill her for crack money then hollow out her corpse to store crack inside it.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
So, if they've blown their load on a cracked-up explosion NOW, in early September, what the hell is in store for the always cheerful Eastenders festive season?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Fatkraken posted:

So, if they've blown their load on a cracked-up explosion NOW, in early September, what the hell is in store for the always cheerful Eastenders festive season?

A nuke.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Wicker man style ritual sacrifice to the god of the harvest under the allotments.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

SeanBeansShako posted:

Phil is going to kill her for crack money then hollow out her corpse to store crack inside it.

Pretty much.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

thebardyspoon posted:

Wicker man style ritual sacrifice to the god of the harvest under the allotments.
That would get me to watch Eastenders. Especially if someone took a cue from Nicholas Cage in the remake.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Akuma posted:

That would get me to watch Eastenders. Especially if someone took a cue from Nicholas Cage in the remake.

Ian Beale dresses in a bear costume and then runs up and punches Bianca in the face.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
They should make an Eastenders channel. Use the dead daytime space on BBC3 to broadcast the series, in its entirety from the start, 6 hours a day every day for however many years it takes to get through it all.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Fatkraken posted:

:lsd: + :science:, perhaps?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Fatkraken posted:

They should make an Eastenders channel. Use the dead daytime space on BBC3 to broadcast the series, in its entirety from the start, 6 hours a day every day for however many years it takes to get through it all.

The dead daytime space on BBC3/4 is used for the CBBC/CBeebies channels. :ssh:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Carpet posted:

The dead daytime space on BBC3/4 is used for the CBBC/CBeebies channels. :ssh:

Until they start repeating Jackanory, there IS no CBBC channel in my mind

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
If you want to see the future, they've published the first draft of the Project Canvas technical specs. I'm not sure what exactly it means other, other than the word Encryption appears a lot.
http://www.projectcanvas.info/index.cfm/technology/technical-documents/

Selma_Alabama
Sep 9, 2010
So Peggy did a runner.

Good riddance, I say. I never found her to be an interesting character.

The shot of the nearly empty Albert Square at the end was nice though.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
People working on that project came to my Uni to show off a beta of it, it is really good and a big game changer. I am not very good at describing things but it has features to the brim and its own internal social networking ( best way to describe what i saw being shown, you seen a show or its currently on you can press a button and send a request to a freiend to see the show or remind them its coming on) which will be useful for groups like here that want to hold a peepshow night or some poo poo, well in the form I saw it could be used for that.

Few months after that I did a placement there and almost every-over day there was news on Gateway about the project. Last one I recall was channel 5 dropping out.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Akuma posted:

I would start to watch eastenders if it gradually morphed into The League of Gentlemen. Every couple of months, something slightly weird happens or pops up in the background of the set, something you'd barely even notice. As the months go on things get slightly darker and darker until you've got the local butcher selling "special meat" that everyone finds delicious and Arthur Fowlers corpse is seen skulking behind his old house.

On a related subject of crap TV (Eastenders, not LoG), i now understand fully where all of the criticism for Spooks comes from. Season 5. With it's government coup, a bomb that's almost as bad as a nuke but not quite in London and they hired a former baddie who helped kill one of the original cast members. :sigh: She alo looks like Anneka Rice. :smith:

At this rate, I half expect Danny to just stroll back in as a bad guy like Tony did in 24.

Does it get better or should I give up on this now?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

My proudest EastEnders prediction moment was when Pawleen Faowlah had a mysterious and soon-to-be fatal head injury : I declared in front of witnesses that it would turn out to have been inflicted with the same frying pan she beaned Awfah with so many years ago.

And it was so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
How on earth is this Roger and Val thing so gripping and emotional

Goddrat it's brilliantly done. And it's just two people talking and arguing in a house.