Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Sion posted:

The Execution of Gary Glitter.

Fixed that for you :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What the gently caress? Private Eye told me that was probably just a rumour planted to help Piers replace one of the smaller presenters on CNN :psyduck:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Financial Times posted:

Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2010. You may share using our article tools. Please don't cut articles from FT.com and redistribute by email or post to the web.

Naughty boy :colbert:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Gram-O-Phone posted:

I'm watching All Star Family Fortunes on ITV1. Normally I wouldn't but Brian Blessed is on it.

Haha yeah, that was great. The best part was when his daughter answered "Name something you put in the fridge" with "milk"...

and then the Man Himself said "Yoghurt". :stare:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Oh yeah, oops.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Adrianics posted:

They should have cast that one guy from Paradox who looks exactly like Robert Downey Jr.

Or Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Unless it's somehow the same guy.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Martytoof posted:

Is this where I come to talk about Mrs. Slocombe's pussy?

I just finished another 10 season marathon and every time I watch the lot they get better.

I worked for a guy who once had to make a phonecall to a "Mrs. Slocombe". He told me "I'm going to ask for 'Charlotte Slocombe'. And don't you start laughing, because that'll set me off."

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

I've only ever heard of one Paul Foot, and he's dead! Bit of a weird one.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Muppetjedi posted:

Which one of you was on today's pointless?

I saw it yesterday and there was a neckbeard with a cowboy hat who mentioned Venetian Snares, is that who you mean?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Buzzcocks is Jack Dee.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Theshby posted:

Hey, Dobby was in that Alan Davies sitcom I didn't watch. Was this actually not poo poo or something?

edit: Oh, and that woman from the IT crowd who's in everything. Probably poo poo, nevermind.

I watched a couple and found them watchable enough. I'll probably watch the rest at some point :geno:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

That was a great episode of Buzzcocks, agreed.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Holy poo poo Pat Sharp was the presenter of Fun House?! I altered my memory to make it Noel Edmonds :psyboom:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Shanty posted:

I watched the incredibly silly "Secrets of the Universe" last night. Am I insane or was the thirteen chimes thing a plot point in an episode of Captain Scarlet?

Holy crap I remember that as well!

CAP-TAIN SCAR-LET DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

TheVertigoOfBliss posted:

It woudl appear so.

God i hate Tim Minchin.

Bit funny to get Donovan on the show after what Minchin said about Kylie (skip to 2:15) last time.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

My favourite bit on Harry Hill is when he shills for Harvester.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

LE0N posted:

reposting from PWM but

Oh my god barry from eastenders as boy george, dreams really can come true.

I never knew he could sing!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

something out there like Gordon Brown, that'd be pretty funny actually.

Holy poo poo that would be awesome. This needs to happen. Or Tony Blair :allears:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Figaro posted:

Corrie tonight, I thought I saw the factory wheelchair girl stand up? Either she's very lazy or it's just my tiny telly.

That's what my mother said, I think she just lifted herself up onto the bar-stool.

Edit: Also John is the World's Biggest Fuckup. How the writers can justify his continued survival is beyond me, but at least it's entertaining.

HoldYourFire fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 10, 2010

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Dennis Nedry posted:

Recently got our own version of Take Me Out in Ireland and if you think the girls on your one are a little rough, you've seen nothing yet. Still one of the most entertaining shows on tv though, it's even got a bit of a following in my group of friends. Friday night, pre-drinks in a mates house, episode of Take Me Out, then out on the town we go.

Since our version is hosted by "Paddy MacGuinness" I can only assume yours is hosted by "Trevor Gough-Calthorpe"

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Akuma posted:

Ashes to Ashes will answer pretty much every question you have.

The first episode of A2A is too much like a parody, but I'd recommend you stick with it. It gets serious fast. I was always skeptical of how A2A would turn out and whether Alex could live up to Sam, and I think it came through.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Lot 49 posted:

Whistle and I'll Come To You.

It's got John Hurt. The story is creepy as gently caress. The 60s adapation was absolute class. I've got high hopes.

Oh my God, are you serious? I was just thinking about that story the other day! My English teacher read it to us years and years ago. Can't wait for this.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Taear posted:

mr Rubber Dingy Rapids from Four Lions

Kayvan Novak, the Fonejacker.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Taear posted:

Has anyone been watching the Little Crackers on Sky? They're on Sky Anytime if you've got a Sky+ HD box and they're pretty drat good. Victoria Wood's was the grittiest northernest one and I really loved David Baddiel's, Julian Barrats, Chris O'Dowds and Bill Bailey's.
Jo Brand and Kathy Burke had quite dull ones and I daren't touch Catherine Tate's.

It's all very much up to the person who made it what it's like though. The female ones are all about their childhood for some reason, Bill Bailey's is basically a 15 minute sketch and David Baddiel's is basically an anecdote.

I honestly couldn't make head nor tail of Julian Barratt's one. That's the only one I've seen.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Does anyone have a link to that video of Brian Cox with his voice dubbed to be that of a moron? You know, "Clouds. Where do they come from? Volcanoes!"

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Thanks. Would you believe that a Youtube search for "Wonders of the Solar System spoof" previously turned up nothing?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

midge posted:

I left the UK a year ago. Does it have any decent comedy from the last year I should download?

Inbetweeners.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Samantha Janus has quit too.

I was wondering why "Samantha Womack" looked so familiar!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Wezzo posted:

On topic, what's goon consensus on Cold Feet?

I haven't seen it and I don't remember goons talking about it but my impression was that it was universally praised and adored.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

I enjoyed The Pacific just as much :(.

I think I even enjoyed it more! Joe Mazzello :swoon:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Metrication posted:

I'm actually rewatching it on 4od right now.

Oh God why didn't I think of this?!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Cerv posted:

But wasn't Manda Rin on the line up a couple of years ago?

Yeah, I'm sure I've seen her somewhat recently.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Kin posted:

In Question Time, who was that wildly ignorant oval office, wearing the 80's shoulders and the smug look of dim witted superiority, on the far right of the panel? Every time she spoke or was in shot of the camera I really just wanted to punch her face in, and that's not sexist because i'm going by her rules so she's loving earned it.

She was on T'Apprentice a few years ago.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

I think everywhere that was conquered by Alexander the Great should be allowed to join Eurovision. Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, India...

Also Kerbtree your av reminded me to check today's Oglaf :3:

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Taear posted:

And I'd say there's at least one act a year that is pretty decent. It was Lena last year

Oh Jesus you are literally wrong about everything, aren't you? That song was loving dogshit, it made me want to perforate my eardrums.

Edit: Well at least she got naked on TV.

HoldYourFire fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 31, 2011

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Inverse square posted:

gently caress I need help remembering something.

Kid's show. Stop motion. I think some of the characters were dolls. This is the crucial part: there was an episode where one of the characters replaced their head with a stapler, and their arms with other things, and their body with something else, leaving them as this bizarre monster and (I think) causing their discarded body parts to morph back together.

It really sounds a lot like a nightmare but I swear it's real. Anyone remember this?

Not Morph? I only ask 'coz you said "morph".

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

If the meal is £500, what do you think the tip will be?

20 quid?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Coogan is right. Tit-for-tat retaliation followed by statute-of-limitations forgiveness is optimal strategy, yes.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Squalitude posted:

We had Corrie on in the background today and the kid kept going on about bowling alleys.

A similar thing happened a few months ago, everyone kept saying "Did you hear, the mayor's got angina!" Never did figure out what that was supposed to be about. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Never mind, Charlie Brooker in a minute!