Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

fuf posted:

Was anyone else kind of bummed out by Eddie Izzard's performance on QI? At first I was annoyed 'cos it seemed like Bill Bailey and Alan were talking over him a lot, but then when he did get a chance to speak he wasn't very funny :( .

(also he talked about B52s flying over Nazi Germany but actually they were B17s)
:goonsay:
Kept on putting his hand up as if to say something, just to polite to shout over everyone I reckon :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Captain Mediocre posted:

^ ^ ^
I think he's referring to the Adblock Plus extension for firefox.

You've just changed my life. This is amazing, thanks.
Thanks for that :)

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Flatscan posted:

And I think the idiots parroting the received wisdom that Seinfeld is the progenitor of all modern comedy should realise that Britain has a tradition of black comedy which pre-dates weak poo poo like Seinfeld by decades, if not centuries.
I realise that young people today have a hard time believing anything of note actually happened before their birth, but seriously, there's a reason Seinfeld never took off over here.
I fully agree. Never enjoyed Seinfeld (yes even when it was first on), I can appreciate its technical brilliance but it didn't make me laugh much. At the same time in the UK we had a few black comedy's (Seinfeld wasn't black comedy it was suburbanite comedy of errors type poo poo) making me belly laugh out loud, far better.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Adrianics posted:

I got the complete Seinfeld for Christmas last year, I find it basically as formulaic as every other conventional sitcom (JERRY AND GEORGE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY ETIQUETTE WORKS THE WAY IT DOES, KRAMER IS WACKY AND ELAINE IS FEMALE) but it does make me laugh when it's on form.
Yeah but all these guys are saying it wrote the book for that.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Its about 5 in the morning, i just got up to have a piss and being a nerd i looked at some of my browser bookmarks, I saw this and im not sure if im having an acid flashback or not, confirm/deny?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Ddraig posted:

Have they made a coronation street on ice yet?
A traumatised Gary relives his Afganistan on ice

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
What this thread needs is more Alf Garnett:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmhJwhDtacY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDY6OC2UVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCmaNQPHRg

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Anyone know if UK on demand ratings count towards the official ratings these days?

I ask cos I pretty much only watch TV on demand on the net.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

reality_groove posted:

The regular BARB ratings that are published in newspapers and often quoted by the media are just the TV ratings and are published the morning after a show is broadcast (aka overnights).

Broadcasters also receive a consolidated report 8 days after transmission that includes 7 days worth of on demand viewing figures.

Over time hopefully these consolidated figures will become more important as popular shows can rack up tens and even hundreds of thousands of extra views over the course of a week.

Anyway, yeah don't worry your viewing is measured.
Ta.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Bishy posted:

The Eastenders green screen Tube thing, for anyone who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vRMKnyS74#t=4m45
Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

e: That was exteamly low content wasnt it, Wall-E is on iPlayer if you got kids who havent seen that, its real a good movie, if I recall correctly I actually teared up at some point when I watched it first *cough*fag*cough*

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 3, 2011

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Zorba the Greek posted:

Thank the good Lord. Although I don't want it replaced with How I Met Your Mother.
Never got Friends myself. Its like it might make you smile a bit funny. Not 'lol' funny. Same goes for almost every imported yank sitcom.

I will give Frasier a pass here because while it still isnt 'lol' funny its very clever and well put together.

While im on the topic of slagging off our American cousins sitcoms what the gently caress is with 'Everyone likes Raymond'? Thats been top rated for years in thats and I swear to god when im visiting my parents they always have this on a dinner time. I do not raise a smile at it ever.

Id like to gently caress Rays wife thats the best I can say about it.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Yep thats the funniest thing ive seen this year.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Paperhouse posted:

yeah I'm inclined to agree with you after watching for about 10 minutes, he's really pretty smug about how good he is/was
Im no real fan of theirs or anything but they can actually sing and play which cant be said of the majority of the cack in the top 40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlehycyTGT8

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Why the gently caress is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade randomly on BBC1 tonight 8.00-10.00.

Im not complaining but when was the last time they turned over the whole prime time slot to a movie?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Dont find it lol funny myself though I do really like Noel Fielding. I started automaticlly hating him but he is just a nice funny dude. I really want to hate him but I cant.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

seregrail7 posted:

The Buzzcocks tonight is actually the one that BBC wouldn't air after the whole Manuel thing.
But mr faulty, isss wrong, i am from basalona

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Brown Moses posted:

10 o'clock Live starts tonight on Channel 4, with Charlie Brooker, David Mitchell, Jimmy Carr, and Lauren "I'm only here so this thing isn't a complete sausagefest" Laverne.
Oh, thanks for the heads up on that, sounds cool. Consider me tuned in.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Flatscan posted:

I loving hate the news media. If I ever completely lose it and decide to go on a killing spree, they're secondary targets after the politicians.
I'll be backing you up on this bro

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
That was the best new thing on TV for ages.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Call me immature but loving the swearing. More people need to be called cunts on prime timetv.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Alan BStard posted:

I know everyone has already said this before, but good grief 10 O'Clock Live is loving terrible.
I just completly disagree, I thought it had some problems but its easily the best new thing on tv. Maybe its cos I was half cut or something but I watched and enjoyed the whole thing which is a rarity for standard tv these days.

It was probably a bit long at an hour. 45 mins would have been better.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Beeswax posted:

What comedian could they possibly dig up to (unironically) argue a conservative standpoint?
Boris Johnson?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Woman Holly was nowhere near as good as Norman Lovett as well.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Taear posted:

Incidentally the best episode of Red Dwarf is Queeg, and series 5 has Back to Reality which is probably the second best.
I beg to differ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MRf7DrWsBk&NR=1 :)

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 25, 2011

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
BBC sci-fi drama efforts are always shite :(

It will be like incredibly earnest and the fx will be that not quite good standard.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
This guy has series 2 of the Ricky Gervais/Stephen Merchant/Karl Pilkington, radio show podcast thing as a playlist without the music on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackDollarBills#g/p

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
The Mark and Lard gimmick was always timeless though, it rarely changed over many years and still pulled listeners. Im not a mad fan btw just a appreciator.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Metrication posted:

The fact it got the largest viewing figures for digital TV ever is a pretty big thing.
Well everyone was checking it out werent they. It wasnt dreadfull it was just over-produced and tired imo.

The best red dwarfs were dave and rimmer on the ship pretty much alone without engaging in various mad events.

Though to be fair something had to happen at some point, they can only do that for some time.

some

somm

vvv yes yes mistype brain thing

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 22, 2011

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

7seven7 posted:

The first question they asked was "Did you leave early?" so I told them I had and was promptly informed that I forfeited my tickets because of this. "We got what we needed, gently caress you lol bye!" was pretty much the response I got. 
 Fuckers. 
Deffo one of those tactical bullshit advised moments.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Daimo posted:

At my halls everybody just uses iPlayer and 4OD.

I can see the licence fee model getting dropped though. As people become more tech savvy iPlayer will dominate viewing, but you can't charge subscription fees while the licence is in place.

Its also illogical: $10 per month for TV licence Vs $10 per month for Internet and iPlayer.
I suspect at some point iPlayer is going to want you register and tap in your TV licsense number and address. I mean I rarely watch actual TV, on demand is just better in every way unless you are one of those people who just likes the box on 24/7 and can put up with all the poo poo (most programs).

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Tell me she hasnt had a tit job:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6estdpJ-7y8

e: this ones better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCOwDp1BnQs
^^^ For some reason the fat moody bulldike bitch fascinates me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Ah sorry, wasnt awake enough to realise that other people might not know what im on about without any background. The little cute blonde lead singer is Lauren Laverne from 10 o'clock live on channel 4.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Flatscan posted:

I know that, I just don't understand your post or why you thought it was a good idea to post it.
Fun? Hanging out? Why not? Do feel free to report my posts to a moderator.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Flatscan posted:

It's not that I'm offended, it's that your post is quite non-sequitur.
It was, sorry, just came to my mind watching that vid that her norks had trebled in size.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
That 'In Your Car' track is really catchy, ive played it like 5 times :S

Still cant help observing the dyke on the bass though.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
The very best stand up comedians produce 3 or 4 full hour long sets in their whole career.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

DrVenkman posted:

Louis CK, arguably one of the best stand up comedians working, produces a new hour of material each year. He doesn't reuse anything at all. Once he's performed it he's done.

I'd love to see Peter Kay try that.
I will give him a listen.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Viewing options on the main channels seem somewhat limited today dont they chaps?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Brainwrong posted:

I tried watching 10 O'Clock Live again last night. Good Lord it's bad. Not just "a bit bad" either, proper poo poo-balls-bad. The only redeeming feature is Brooker. David Mitchell comes across as a scared amateur bumbling his way through bad jokes and horrifically embarrassing interviews.

I'm baffled at the love it gets in here.
Im going to watch the episode you speak of on 4od right now, after I get back from the offie; in advance i'll say that while the show has been far from perfect, Carr's dress up bits are the most embarrassing, I like it loads. So it remains to be seen how dreadful this episode is. Will report back on my dumb opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Brainwrong posted:

I tried watching 10 O'Clock Live again last night. Good Lord it's bad. Not just "a bit bad" either, proper poo poo-balls-bad. The only redeeming feature is Brooker. David Mitchell comes across as a scared amateur bumbling his way through bad jokes and horrifically embarrassing interviews.

I'm baffled at the love it gets in here.
Watched it as promised, thought it was good. I dunno where the dislike comes from. Its not perfect but its better than 99% of the cack surely?