Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

LE0N posted:

Sorry if this has been already posted in this thread, but this is a thing that is happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm8vDlj7jaU

Its either going to be amazing or utter poo poo.
Mein Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Flatscan does like to semi-mod the thread. Indulge him, he isn't that bad at it.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
I must admit I watched about half of the come dance with me/so you think you can dance program on bbc1 last saterday. Now ostensibly I was only doing it as didn't have anything better to do wanted to look at barely dressed cute chicks, however I discovered a much better way to watch the program. Basically you try to guess which of male dancers isn't a blatant flaming homosexual before he talks. Its amazing, before I got sick of myself for watching it there was one guy who didn't have the affects.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Ignoring the really creepy homophobia here, I think you can feel comfortable watching So You Think You Can Dance. It's not like the usual reality TV where the haul out the dregs just to mock them, these people actually have talent. They genuinely CAN dance, and they're good. I was in stitches all through the ballet dancer's Japanese-style-hip-hop last wee.
Oh gently caress off with your PC, how can one not notice how flaming these dudes are?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

DaWolfey posted:

I think the point is that nobody actually gives a gently caress
Oh yeah ok no one else but me on the planet finds it slightly amusing when some cut 6'4'' dude goes 'hi girls' in an fem accent?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
I had to google Andy Parsons to find out who he was after the above comments and now I have a name to put to that annoying voice on some Radio 4 programs ive heard over the years.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Kerbtree posted:

iPlayer has then up for a week in full quality, 4od has them in perpetuity in, what? 320x240? That's your tradeoff.
As ive said before I reckon its deffo on the table to make the full BBC archive open but they will have to have a sort of 'super account' for that based on the TV license. As a software developer I can state with confidence that it isnt as easy as it sounds.

1) Just think of all the people who dont bother with the TV license.
2) The people who share one.
3) The hardware to make it work reliably, pricy.
4) Are we sharing this with the rest of the world (thats a polital descision and the answer must be no surely, you dont see loving ABC in the USA letting us stream their stuff unless you sneak around it with a VPN)
5) The anti-competition poo poo as noted above from sky and whatever.

It will happen one day but they just gotta work poo poo out.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Fraggle Rock? Or was that saterday, cant remember.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Btw if any of you guys have spawned, a few months ago I got my 9 year old daughter every episode of Fraggle Rock, she loves it so much! Its a great gift for a tiddler.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Hah, love the headline list on that.

Btw all Blakes 7 is available on a youtube channel if you look for it. Its actually pretty good (apart from the fx which are ropey to say the least)

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Daktar posted:

Does anyone remember a kid's show that ran for an entire summer holiday many, many years ago? It had this character named Reg who wore a sort of plastic hat in the shape of a quiff, and he looked vaguely like a 50s rocker. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think it also had Mark Speight presenting, and he tended to wear a blue suit and had very, very blonde hair. Also, they showed the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.

I seriously hope someone remembers this, I think I may have gone mad otherwise.
Sorry man im well older than most people on the Forums but that means nothing. I do remember the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon though. (that was poo poo even when I was that age)

So no sorry, not a clue what you on about. Head doctor?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Lord Dekks posted:

I remember it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TijnZsmbGo&feature=related

Edit: Doh, just saw that MisterLizard already answered this.
I find that genuinely terrifying, i could almost feel the onset of a fit halfway through.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Anyone just watch shooting stars? Am I just immature or something or is that not the funniest program on telly ever.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Z-Magic posted:

I'm going to have a wank with a cheese grater. It will be considerably less painful.
Im in if its not over yet, its like an itch I cant scratch, I gotta see what these fuckers are saying.

e: heh famliy values

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 11, 2011

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Who the gently caress is the old bag in the rainbow outfit?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Paperhouse posted:

Camila Batmanghelidjh. Her name has Batman in it. And it's disconcerting to see a woman who looks like spat out dolly mix seated amongst all those suits
lol, she seems very nice, i missed the start so i was like wtf

courtasy link for anyone who wants to keep listening

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_five_live/listenlive

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

henpod posted:

That was especially funny because Dee broke his 'grumpy' act because he couldn't help but laugh at that one.
Yes indeed, err havent got anything to add but ive typed it now.

Everyone go along and watch shooting stars!

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
The last episode of smallville on 4oD atm was pretty drat good (if you are into superman and all that crap)

It was a very well done, well directed, well acted episode involving alternate realities and stuff, well worth a watch.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Can't honetly say I disagree with that though. The BBC (like the NHS) should be properly funded and then left alone to do it's job, if both of them were they'd be excellent.
He needs a TV/IV only account straight away.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
We should probably just pack in the whole watching or supporting big brother thing.

It was interesting in the first series because it was new and novel, now its just spanking the dead monkey.

And can someone track down and violently murder whatever shithole agent who is making those jedward fucks still a part of media?

I'm sure they are really nice chaps in person but ... its enough now.

Id rather see loving Noal Edmonds and Lenny Henry back on tv.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
A good point.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
What would be really cool is if Celeb BB caught the jed twins having a threeway with one of the non-entity females, then im tuning in!

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Ddraig posted:

BBC is playing one of Bill Hick's old sets on BBC Four

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010k162/Bill_Hicks_Revelations_Live_at_the_Dominion/

Worth checking out if you're a fan of comedy. He's one of those comedians that was much more appreciated in Britain than he was in America.
In my humble opinion the greatest comedian of all time. Do some youtube searches on him as well, there is much to see. RIP bill :(

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Mr. Squishy posted:

I still want Mark to come back. Also what is it going to take to shake Jupitus off that show?

What the gently caress has happened to Mark anyway? Where is he? (and he was best on shooting stars)

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Ben Soosneb posted:

Last I heard he was trying to make a living doing things like radio and television in public, whilst at the same time pretending that he wasn't. Apparently he's now burrowing himself under his lawn and shouting "do you know who I am" at the moles.

From wikipedia (who knows how accurate):
"Lamarr presents a music show for British Airways on-board listeners as part of their in-flight entertainment. In this show he presents a mix of rock and roll, blues, reggae, soul and R 'n B."

Hmmm.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Leyburn posted:

Lamarr's Rock and Roll show and Alternative 60s show on Radio 2 were both excellent.

Is he not doing that anymore?

"At the end of 2010 Lamarr left Radio 2, claiming the station has lost interest in non-mainstream music"

Guess not. I really enjoyed those as well :(

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Kerbtree posted:

Whole lot's up on 4oD.
Awesome cheers!

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

A5H posted:

So did anyone see this on the news yesterday?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqN3amj6AcE&feature=player_embedded
Jesus Christ. Who is that guy? And won't he have now lost his job??
That is the cuntiest oval office ive ever observed. I will kill him right now (if someone pays me 1 milllion) :)

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Which show is this? Supersizers Go or Freshmeat?

e: nevermind worked it out with googlymoogly, sorry i was half awake.

e2: That was rather good wasnt it (Fresh Meat), im gonna add that to my very small list of much watch programs.

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 29, 2011

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

MisterLizard posted:

Having spent my New Year's Eve catching up on iPlayer stuff wot I missed, can I commit heresy by saying that Charlie Brooker no longer impresses me? The whole 2011 review show came across as a kind of smug Guardian-reading media-savvy commentary on the year's events.
I dunno man I thought it was as good as ever (if a bit long).

Ive also checked out Black Mirror on your recommendation and that first one was superb, gonna do the others at some point. So thanks for that!

Though 4oD's ads really get on my nerves, do they really need that income? I thought they were getting a cut of the license fee these days and they have their live broadcast ads as well.

If they do I don't care its not that annoying but it seems slightly like a 'lets grab some more cash' decision, they didn't used to have them.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Crankit posted:

However, I don't get any adverts on 4oD at all, I'm using firefox and adblock though, everyone I've heard complain about those adverts has been using chrome, can I ask if that's the case for you too?
Im talking about the commercial breaks, not pop-ups or anything. Im on latest firefox but after a check i dont have adblock in yet, this is a new install. I'll stick it in and give it a try, im dubious as to whether it it do anything, how do it know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Crankit posted:

I don't get any commercial breaks on 4oD, so presumably it streams them from another server which adblock knows about?
Just tested it, it knew, thanks dude!