Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
That Derren Brown thing was pretty crazy, but how can that dude sign up for TV Show and go to interviews but cant do the same for switching to a career in the Police?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I'm 22 and I can only remember watching Game On for a chance to look at Samantha Janus' tits

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
On one of the Tech Weekly podcasts he said some were driving around the block and some were celebs using him as a taxi to get to places.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
This week's Coppers was depressing, a far far cry from the Gene Hunt days. Luckily next week is a riot episode, so there is that!

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Metrication posted:

I was quite impressed by the seamlessness of that live to VT sequence. Also it seems to be imroving every week.

Wasn't really seamless, shakycam right onto a steadycam transition.

I'm really liking this week, bar the listen to Mitchell segment.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Not to mention sunlight. This is the thin end of the wedge, the sun is trying to bring the system down from within.

I'm talking the small bit before when she walks outside the studio, that bit was steady as gently caress.

Man, they really could stand to lose a bit more time so they can get a decent amount round table with newspaper time instead of leaving that segment as the filler until end of the show.

Kin posted:

What Waterstones needs to do is move out from the highstreet and go somewhere like the Retail park where it could get a much bigger shop and a lot more people would have access to it. The highstreet is just too awkward to get into these days and all the other high traffic stores are out there too.

Like the Dundee Borders was?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

cloudchamber posted:

What the gently caress does David Mitchell have against Geography?

Photography.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
"The problem with Richard Hammond, he doesn't know when to stop."

Amazing.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Woot, first time a 10 o Clock live didn't feel rushed! Could use an extra 5 mins for round table bullshitting though, could watch it all day.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Documentary on Blackadder on BBC2, what a nice surprise amongst usual saturday night trash tv

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
It's political correctness gone mad, Stew

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
His style of comedy meaning his trying to turn absolutely everything into an innuendo?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Alex Salmond did a sketch once that was pretty cool. Even though I dont support him all that much he still seems like a cool dude

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

reality_groove posted:

Also, very early on Sunday morning there's a show on C4 called Crunchtime about a competition held in Dundee between groups of students to design a computer game in 10 weeks. I know there are a lot of Dundee goons around so you'll probbaly recognise a lot of faces and places.

Drink everytime you see:

Desperate Dan statue
Discovery
Abertay library

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Probably more laughs in one episode of friday night dinner than what will be in the entire series of campus

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Kin posted:

I just saw the trailer for Thor on C4 and i'm shocked at how absurdly bad it is (not the film, but the trailer). There's not a hint of badass in it, there's a narrator spouting some cheesy lines in a "mock hardass" accent and it's just all round terrible.

The other trailers that were online are so much better, is that really what the UK TV is getting?

The current Green Lantern trailer showing in cinemas is also terrible compared to the 4 minute long one that was broadcast at ta convention somewhere

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Pretty sure he got his cock out in Festival too. Ball-watch.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's a monstrous Cilla Black from Blind Date, misattributed to the Queen. Started 2 or so years ago, when they were feeling old and remembering the past, and that TV show hosted for so many years by the queen was it, yes the queen.
Joe also keeps on hinting that it's almost a racist chinaman-type accent.
Here's its origins.
e: and thanks thread for the heads up on Shadow Line. Getting sick of all the dementia on the BBC though; this, that John Simm thing, the first two episodes of Doctor Who... that's it.

Dementia and crime dramas are part of the BBC mandate. Seriously though, Life on Mars, Spooks and Shadow Line, they can't seem to get away from copper tales.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
A better tina turner than tina turner

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

pnumoman posted:

So can I get some recommendations here?
I just recently stumbled upon The InBetweeners, and I really liked it. I figure there's got to be other great UK TV since the last great UK comedy I watched (Green Wing), so if you have any fairly recent comedy shows to recommend, I'd love to hear about them.

On a side note, does anyone know of any good UK-centric TV discussion sites? I find it hard to pop my 'Merica bubble.

Friday Night Dinners or wahtever Simon Bird was in last

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
How badly do you think Angus wishes that injunctions were around when he had his affair? Then again if he ever managed to get one we would lose one of the best HIGNYs ever

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Kin posted:

That Essex soap bollocks just won one, so yeah, standards are definitely slipping.

Well it was a Youtube audience voting for that one soo..

Anyway, Matt Smith was robbed.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Think I'll take the dude with BSG av's advice over one with the pony anime

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

A5H posted:

Does anyone know anything about that little white kid on the louix theroux documentary?
I'm mega curious about his backstory. Something about attempted murder of a woman when he was 16?
Some crazy sociopath or what? Seemed so out of place.

Google Nianthony Martinez. Dude deserves whatever he gets really, and he's a real piece of work for conniving to plead insanity.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Anyone watch Shadow Line? Guardian Blog here. Seems like the journalist being killed right after he basically tells the boss about what he's sort of investigating means that higher ups might actually tell his story? And the title of the show is basically Gatehouse..

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Still a couple more weeks of Shadow Line, which is also the same week Game of Thrones ends too.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Why you guys arent watching Shadow Line is beyond me, because it loving Owns.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

justcola posted:

Shadow Line was really good. The second act was pretty intense, going to be interesting to see how it finishes next week. Anyone know if this is going to have another series or is it just a one off?

I dont really see how it will get another series, it looks to me like theyre rounding everything off

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
The problem with a show like shadow line is that it really expects you to figure things out for yourself and doesnt tell you outright what happened, but from what i saw the device was to either completely mimic a heartbeat or just to stop there being any noticable change from whatever was in the needle. It could either be a real poison or just something that induces a coma. Whatever it is, shes as good as dead really.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

NaDy posted:

Yeah, i'll give it a watch when it comes out.

Weird that the guy on the right in the advert is Robb Stark from GoT.

GoT spoiler Well it's not like he's going to be staying on that show for long!!

Seems likea cool watch, Kayvan Novak is great in everything

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

workinonit posted:

I think tired is the best word for it yeah. It just gets boring real quick when the punchline of a scene is inevitably gonna be "hurr hurr he's disabled, geddit? ooooh isn't that awkward?"

Even the cameos get tired really quick, when all the guest starts essentially play the same character of "Fame's gone to my head. I have no self awareness."

Liam Neeson was good, and I guess Shaun Williamson's minor cameo was decent too. Johnny and Helena were pretty wasted though.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Came for the rupert everett putting on a simon cowell impression, stayed for the creepy as gently caress rapey undertone

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
gently caress Brooker for making me watch an extra 10 minutes of Rude Tube before Misfits.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
The comments on the Mail site are hilarious, all the down voted ones spouting crap about how the documentary makers make things to suit their Green agenda. Funny to see Mail readers marking the right comments up for once.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I thought it was decent although I too would've liked to see more societal implications outside of a party and relationship, and that bit in the airport. I really enjoyed the "boring sex" punchline and the idea of hackers gouging out implants to sell memories to other people.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
The questions were pretty poo poo as well, I thought.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Digital Scumbag posted:

Did anyone see Donald Sutherland, Eddie Izzard, and Elijah Wood in "Treasure Island" on Sky? About 3 hours without commercials, and fairly entertaining if only because nothing else was on.

Eddie Izzard... as Long John Silver. :psyduck:

Eddie Izzard owns. Also Gene Hunt is as good as captain as he is a DCI. Just started watching second part now and they made the best use of Elijah Wood.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

James R posted:

Here's a random fact about Freddy, for you. The fella that played him in Skins is about to play William Adama in the new BSG show, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome. Crazy!

Another BSG spinoff? Was Caprica a dream?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
wait til you go through Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Have I Got News For You

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

The_Doctor posted:

Richard Ayoade is always great on them, especially when Noel Fielding is there too.

Now he's got to watch Big Fat Quiz of the Year