Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I was rewatching the peeing in public episode of Screenwipe just now and apparently after they filmed the episode Charlie brooker and Konnie Huq started dating and are now married. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
My favourite part was the Christians who flew across the world to pick some Israeli guy's grapes for a month for no pay.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I haven't watched this week's Penn and Teller yet but they can't just lie if Penn and Teller guess right because they have to tell the independent adjudicator how the trick works beforehand, who is an experienced magician who is a friend of Penn and Teller and has helped them develop tricks before, so i assume they trust his judgement.

That said, i still think the format of the show, while fun, is flawed because whether two seasoned magicians can tell how a trick is done isn't a good metric for how entertaining or spectacular an act is. As an example, the Cubic Act trick is in my opinion the most captivating trick of the series by far, just because of how well it was performed. It's pretty easy to work out how it's done if you rewatch it (the structure supporting her weight is obscured behind the poll and then his leg), but the first time i saw it i was completely drawn in. However some of the tricks that get through seem to be set up to be obtuse, and get through because Penn and Teller can't guess the exact mechanism used to execute the trick, or worse because they are sort of forced to use their guess on a dirty move like those Victorian mind readers, not because the acts are particularly entertaining or impressive. I understand that part of the draw of the show is to speculate on how the tricks are done and for Penn and Teller to hint at how they work, and i appreciate that ITV have commissioned a show with professional performers instead of the usual talent contest poo poo they spew out, but i think the show would be better if the format was Penn and Teller just chose the best act of the night to go to Vegas.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
My favourite part was when that stupid woman with the glassses was saying "You can't argue with science, lets be empirical about this." :ironicat:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I just turned the tv on and was greeted with Lembit Opik sitting on a toilet pouring gunge on his head as a mean of revealing the results of a poll about 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' on This Morning. Keep it up ITV.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

So I watched Black Mirror and thought it was aces and then felt compelled to make this. Spoilers for the show if you haven't caught it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4cpfhSOFI

I thought this was going to be the pig sex scene intercut with him fake wanking.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Every time i open iPlayer i think the Doctor is about to expose himself to that poor girl, it's really bugging me.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The dad of the South African swimmer being interviewed by the BBC is cool. "Unbelievable! Unbelievable! This is unbelievable!"

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Holy Doughnuts! posted:

He was so happy and so proud it was adorable.

"Look at my boy! He is beautiful! Look at my beautiful boy!"

Best Olympic father.

Here's the clip http://deadspin.com/5930604/this-bbc-interview-with-chad-le-closs-father-is-the-media-moment-of-the-games-so-far

The Olympic highlights with Gaby Roslin are really annoying me. It feels like Strictly Come Dancing Extra with the stupid Gold-o-meter and that terribly over-produced segment on the cycling. Just show the highlights and have a pointless discussion with the guests, that's all that's needed.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Don't worry, James Cracknell struggled to unstick and move it up a notch after the cycling segment. Not that this is reflective of the coverage as a whole. I've enjoyed watching the Gynastics the last few days and also watching some of the more obscure sports on the other channels. From what i've heard NBC's coverage is a shambles, and if the price i have to pay is an overlay of Noddy Holder during Bradley Wiggins' interview then i guess i'm willing to pay it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does anybody know what the show was that had a guy who kept a flat where a fox lived and in the freezer he had another dead fox with some squirrels to keep it company? I've tried to find it on YouTube but i don't really know what to search for.