Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
My Tv license is paying for shows like "Is oral sex safe?" on BBC3 hosted by some yoof actress, ironically im in it's target demographic and i cant understand why this is getting commissioned?

Does having sex in the title, or whole premise bring in that many more viewers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father ted night was brilliant, Graham linehan has been answering ted related questions on twitter as well http://twitter.com/!/Glinner

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Starting to get a morbid curiosity about this only way is essex show. Kinda want to watch an episode filled with these barely sentient humanoids but ill probably just feel really nasty after it.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

haywire posted:

It seems to be getting ever increasingly common for large companies to hire comic personalities to do their ads. Kinda depressing, I can't imagine it's a hard life being a massively popular TV personality, so selling out to adverts just seems greedy. On the other hand, it doesn't really affect anything (like musicians watering down their sound for well paying contracts), so I guess it's okay.

I just hope that these "endorsements" don't mean that these people are bound from saying certain things in order to keep sponsors happy.

Robert Webb Doing voice-over work doesnt make peep show less funny, does it? its not like the horrible product placement that you get in some shows in america.

Unless it's got something directly to do with the comedians work then i dont see the problem? Stand-up doesn't seem to pay that well, so thats why some comedians do it, others do it when they are in-between series'. If an voice over ad for like toilet roll ruins a comedian for you then :psyduck:

Also micheal mcintyre is reported "physically to not be able to watch impressions of himself". The guy cant seem to handle anything but praise in my opinion. That said a lot of hate is simply because he is popular and he has shows on BBC1 instead of BBC4. Personally he reminds me of peter kay except without the nostalgia, he can be funny but its 99% just crap.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 5, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Im sure some of you will have seen this ad on tv, now see the making of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4BwLLenhKw

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Dont really see what "episodes" did/is doing to provoke such hostile reactions its been getting, its not terrible and its above mediocre. It seems as though its portraying the fine line between "ahahahaha are they serious?....oh my god they are serious:(!?" in the world of pitching tv series quite well.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

An allo allo documentary, fantastic. New scenes not so much.

good moaning.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Gram-O-Phone posted:

drat, I was hoping they would make Dappy from endubbs disappear and then not bring him back.

Dappy owns he just doesn't give a gently caress. How can anyone hate him?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Because he's an ignorant little thug who likes to make death threats againsst people ? And his music is poo poo.

I like his bad boy attitude :allears: :3: :swoon:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Because men who text death threats to Journalists revealing to the public what shallow cunts they are pretty much are universally despised.

What is a harmless death threat between friends, eh?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

DaWolfey posted:

Mike McIntorycunt wins best male tv comedian.

(against harry hill and david mitchell)

edit: British Comedy Awards, CH4.

David mitchell isn't even that funny outside of peep show , he has one routine and does it every-time. Maybe he was hilarious back in 2005 when he got on his soapbox first i guess.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Barry shitpeas in the back there.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

DaWolfey posted:

Except for what he just said about Brooker.

Because it's true.

What did he say (im watching motd)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Hoops posted:

I'm not even sure I would classify The Trip as "comedy", come to think of it.

buh buh Alan Partridge and the guy from Gavin and stacey!!!!

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Falling down is on ITV4 so this 10 o'clock live pile of shite can go gently caress itself. Put Mr peep show and Charlie Screenwipe back on their respective shows and never broadcast this tripe again. Thanks in advance.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

I was listening to Spotify today and heard David Mitchell shilling an ad with the gocompare.com twat. Oh David, surely Channel 4 are paying you enough to avoid that?

Why do people even care about this? Its a redundant and mental thing to care about.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Cokeysmoke posted:

Also the main character Frankie has two gay dads, dressed a bit meterosexually, and owns a loving replica revolver.

Do they have ~*~ISSUES~*~ ?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

Once again I think Adam & Joe summed up Skins perfectly-

Digital skateboard turd spliff text trilby swearing indie-rock community police ponce pub lady

METAL AS gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TngiQ9XwBP0

Skins : the Kuuenbu episdoe.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Thought it portrayed a teenage metalhead perfectly though?

Awkward, smug and listens to poo poo music, whether it be from xfm, radio 1 or the depth of the most obscure music forum.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Also a true metalhead would never have Drowning Pool as their alarm :colbert:

A true metalhead wouldnt be able to talk to a girl in real life either. So unrealistic.

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I've kinda eased up on him a bit since it became obvious that him being a dick is the whole point. Still don't buy Gracie hearing a RATM song and becoming a metal fan though.

She wanted him to like her so she started to like the things he would like, hence the scene afterwards when she got all :smith: when he went on about asking the other chick out. Cant you read between the lines?

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 4, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Beast posted:

I also thought for one glorious, GLORIOUS moment that the cockney geezer security guy was Danny Dyer.

More things need Danny dyer in them to be honest, he makes anything better just by his mere cockney urchin presence.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Dr Snofeld posted:

Bit of a tangent, but I just got done watching some Thunderbirds with a friend who had never seen it before, and I maintain it's aged exceptionally well. Especially now that retro-future is somewhat in vogue again with Fallout and Bioshock and whatnot.

dont think video-games have ever made anything "in-vogue"

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

I loathed all those Supermarionation shows as a kid. Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, I found them deathly dull and completely uninteresting, and would turn the TV over when they came on. I still have no desire to ever watch them

What did you make of the "reimagined" Captain scarlett that was on a while back? if you saw it.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Brooker's TV ruined your life was more or less a re-run of a screenwipe segment , yeah, updated to 2011 this time presented by charlie brooker's hair. Made me chuckle a fair few times, he is more suited to this that his channel 4 stuff.

Looking forward to civillisation in HD, hopefully on iplayer in HD.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 10, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

goatface posted:

It's got Alan Moore in it. Alan Moore is hilariously mental.

Didnt someone out alan moore as being on the BNP lists that were leaked a year or two back. Could be completely wrong but i remember seeing him on there, could have easily been a different alan moore though.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

got round to watching how tv ruined your life, interesting to see Noel Edmonds single handedly invented ebay, napster and skype in the 80's. I wonder what Deal or no deal has in store for in the future?

edit forgot to type some words like a big babby

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 4, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Leyburn posted:

Anyone who likes to watch football in hd is scum lads.

What are you even on about? i like to see the intricate awful tattoo's and bad facial hair my team sport up close so i know exactly what not to look like in public.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

StrawmanUK posted:

Not only did Lucy get a date, she also managed to bag one of the most popular guys of the series so far. Good on ya girl!

She seemed really nice. Better than Jojo anyway. My facebook turned into comment on Lucy getting a date for an hour :3:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

DaWolfey posted:

Here's our Eurovision song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z8wxu9mz_A

It feels like a genuine song rather than an attempt to do something we think the rest of Europe might like.
I don't think it's a winner, but maybe mid table...

Im just glad Blue are back together :allears:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Testro posted:

I don't understand why they don't do a student licence for students in halls, which they could sell at Fresher's Fayre. It seems much fairer to run a 9 month discounted licence that's solely for halls of residences, and you'd think that would lead into an increased uptake. From the people I talked to, there were only a couple of us who'd bothered to get licences - so surely that's a huge area they're missing out on?

Because of the hassle of creating a whole new license just for students? the majority of students in halls dont even own tv's anyway, the ones that i knew that did (very few) didnt even bother paying.

It was only in second year in our house did we bother.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

They dont make em like they use to. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0zW1ovNM90

I wonder did the license payer, pay for that?

edit: lol there is a stereotypically 80's guitar solo in ther a couple of minutes in as well

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 15, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

DaWolfey posted:

Michael McIntorycunt is trending on Twitter (well, his proper name) and it's not hatred, it's all love. What the hell ?

Most people who voice their opinion on the internet (especially this forum) usually arent the "joe public demographic". Nothing wrong with liking Michael mcintyre, hes not my cup of tea but i can see the appeal.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

I really just want some company to bring back "Bullseye" in all its rubbish glory, i want to see more darts on tv, more people from Walsall winning speedboats, more Tony green. I got reminded about this glorious show whilst listening to my favourite hip-hop track :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxP4XYEiFc

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 24, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

Definitly Misfits, best thing on British TV for a long time.

Um jeremy kyle...

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Fishbus posted:

Comedians are like songs; everyone is apparently listening to the wrong ones and different ones suit different moods.

There's a lot of hate on for many of them in here. Or maybe I just like too many of them. :ohdear:

Anyone watching the new Great British Menu by the way? I didn't realise iPlayer was purging them per week. Urgh, I was a little behind and i lost the last 3 of the North East. That'll learn me.

This thread only universally likes Stewart lee, Charlie Brooker and David mitchell, because they fit the mysanthropic goon stereotype more or less perfectly. Its best not to listen to the internet regarding comedians to be honest, as everyone's tastes are different, its not worth the hassle.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 17, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Can Someone with the full sky package do a trip report for me and go watch The Pub Channel for a bit and report back about what its like. Its intriguing me sitting there, I would like tips on how to run my own pub but don't want to pay out to get the channel in. Thanks.

its SKY channel 846 by the way.

godspeed.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Sorry if this has been already posted in this thread, but this is a thing that is happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm8vDlj7jaU

Its either going to be amazing or utter poo poo.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

sebzilla posted:

[UK] The Great British programme discussion. Needed more Armando.

Isnt he doing "Veep" for HBO at the minute?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

So the BBC cancels My Family yet has series 3 of disgustingly by-the-numbers "comedy" Life of riley still on. As far as i can remember it was and still is, by the looks of it abhorrently middle-class, hasnt this been done to death (not to mention better, anyone remember 2point4children?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

2.4 children wasn't that middle class from my memories, though it was a long time ago.

Oh i just meant "primetime family sitcom" Life of Riley is just obnoxiously middle class for that category.