Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

My proudest EastEnders prediction moment was when Pawleen Faowlah had a mysterious and soon-to-be fatal head injury : I declared in front of witnesses that it would turn out to have been inflicted with the same frying pan she beaned Awfah with so many years ago.

And it was so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

marktheando posted:

Most of the men wear dresses.

Young men look ridiculously hot in cassocks :colbert:
I saw loads of them while visiting Rome and it never got less hot.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Trin Tragula posted:

If Paxman was as influential to current affairs here as Stewart and Colbert are to current affairs there, we'd be a hell of a lot better off...

Amen to that. Did you see what happened when they tried to make him do a weather forecast in "Newsnight"? (it's a serious, in-depth news analysis programme for those who've never seen it) - Have I Got News For You made a compilation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMAt8ZXqtbc&feature=related

The laughter is the audience for HIGNFY, Newsnight does not normally have a comedy angle.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Figaro posted:

Anyone else tuning into Eastenders? I really don't like Alfie and Kat, even back in the day I thought they were rubbish. Kat's voice alone is awful

Yep, they are crap, as are the raft of interchangeable teens they've added. I don't watch all the time but I did enjoy Phil's amazing descent into crack addiction over the space of a weekend followed by him being boarded up in the 'Vic by Peggy, followed by him burning the place down. I did hope that Peggy's wig would go up in flames but you can't have everything.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Man, I am totally burned out on watching Whitney blubbing on the stairs, and Carol doing her stony-faced control thing...