Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
Erm, ain't the Simpsons and CSI recorded as well? :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
DaWolfey, that was the best thing I've seen in weeks.

I was in Ikea today as well, so you cleared a fairly high bar there!

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
Don't forget Coupling! I'd put Game On on that list as well.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
That building must be falling apart at this point, its easier to sell it and rent the studios themselves in the future if need be, rather than continually having to pump money into the location to complete with the other studios in the SE.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

quote:

Seriously where the hell has Have I Got News For You gone?

You would have thought they would have smashed out a special considering whats going on. Ian Hislop must be bouncing off the walls somewhere.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
I imagine the smug factor will be off the carts!

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

quote:

I wasn't expecting much but it's literally The 1914 Inbetweeners

It thought it kind of missed the mark really, the humor didn't really fit the subject matter. It just seemed like the inbetweeners put on 1900s costumes on for an episode.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

quote:

BBC4 is doing a series of programs about the culture and history of the British Army and I can't fecking wait to watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/collections/p00hl622/army-a-very-british-institution

Thats what they've put up so far, some good stuff in there about Aden and Borneo.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
As predicted by Bill Bailey, this is now the official Stephen Fry Mustache appreciation web site.

Continue on your business.

(this is an QI joke :))

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
Inside Out: Ticking With the Crow/The Officers' Mess

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00jmsz6/Inside_Out_Ticking_With_the_Crow_The_Officers_Mess/

I just watched the first half of this, its a documentary from 1989 about 1 LI in Berlin. The thing that makes it stand out though, is that its 2 parts with the Soldiers and Officers getting a part each, each had full editorial control over what went into the documentary.

Some really on the nose stuff from the Soldiers side of it, especially concerning a IRA bombing they were victim to.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

quote:

Twenty Twelve

I think the concept for this is quite good, it would have been a lot better if it had an established comedy actor at the helm though.

And decent writers.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
I'm hoping that Stuart getting cut out of the loop a little at the end of the episode means its building up to a return of The Fucker.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
Peter Capaldi was excellent as the new head of news as well - I always forget that hes a dam good actor, even if he is basically just playing a 1950s Malcom Tucker.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

Doctor Chin posted:

Moore acted in the Bond films?

It was a terrible HIGNFY. Moore was monotoning jokes from autocue that he clearly had no comprehension of. The two guest panelists were extraordinarily limp. The audience laughing on cue to crap visual CGI gags that were added in post-production was the cringe-inducing.

I thought Marcus Brigstocke was alright, but the whole thing suffered from reminding me of awkward conversations with half there relatives in retirement homes.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

FreakyZoid posted:

Cuckoo got better, but was never great. There were a lot of filler characters who never really got funny, and it was easy to find Cuckoo himself very irritating.

I still think the last episode (the stag do I think?) was absolutely fantastic, especially the rendition and Diana Ross bits - but yeah the rest of the series was a poor with the exception of Greg Davis.

Red7 fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Dec 17, 2012

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

Chuck Bartowski posted:

This 30 Years of CITV is fantastic sofar. Anyone else watching it? Some great behind the scenes facts and fun.

Was there anything on there about Scavengers in the end? I loved that game show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

I haven't seen it but I'd doubt it, that was an ITV proper job. Not that anyone will admit to it, people really hate that show for some reason, you know, never mind it was aiming to be cheesey.

I remember seeing the spanish version (age 7 or so) on vacation and it was done in this elimination format and the loosers were, well, pulled into the darkness by aliens and decalired the spanish version of K.I.A.

And that made me an insomniac for a good wee while :gonk:

It was a pretty dark at the best of times - I loved the 1980s sci-fi feel they managed to get with (what I assume) a pretty tiny budget. I miss shows like that - Ice Warriors was another one, it made a change from boring price is right style gameshows.