Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Maybe they went bankrupt and just had to downsize, GAME-style? Nottingham's Walkabout is still going, too, and it's fairly popular with the student crowd. Not sure why, it's poo poo and overpriced most days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yeah, jesus was Cunk good. I was a bit wary because I didn't know if the whole Moments of Wonder thing could last a whole half hour without running out of steam but I'm glad to be wrong

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Just binged through Murder in Successville based on the recommendations of this thread. Holy poo poo, Chris Kamara/Kim Useless.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yeah I thought it was decent. Some games worked way better than others, Tekken probably being the standout example. Some good guests on future episodes by the looks of it, Dave Gorman should be excellent.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Went to a Taskmaster recording last night. My first TV recording experience! Was a fun time. It started late as hell because during the previous recording Alex Horne got a massive nose bleed. They also swore a ton. Whoever has to edit that is in for a good time.

I also got a round of applause for being from Luton as the warmup act attempted to find out who had come from the shittiest place. I always take Luton's position in these rankings extremely seriously.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The latest episode of Taskmaster (the splat one) is the one I went to the recording for. Consider my eyes opened at how much studio chat they cut out of shows. A whole running gag where Alex kept a swear jar for Greg vanished. The phrase "poo poo, it's thick" popped up loads too. Knowing this I'd definitely attend another one!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The Chucklevision theme tune is so unnecessarily frantic. I might use it to work out

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

happyhippy posted:

I don't think it would work.
It was a novelty to have a camera hidden in someone's living room back then.
These days with instant everything, it would take 5 seconds for someone to whip out their dick to millions of live viewers.
I would.

Doesn't Saturday Night Takeaway do the living room camera stuff for a karaoke feature? As far as I know so far that show has remained dickless (other than the two hosts lmao!!!!!)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Went to a Taskmaster recording tonight. Seems like a very strong lineup going off one episode.

Also the fact they have to wear the exact same thing in every pre-recorded task has reached its logical conclusion with an incredibly poor choice of outfit

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Anyone else watch Cats Does Countdown? Is something up with Sean Locke's voice?

I thought this but been having problems with my TV signal so episode was very jumpy, didn't get to hear him a lot.

Quick Googling suggests everyone's noticed it though

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Definitely spotted myself in the audience of Taskmaster episode 2. poo poo.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

selfish old sex bint

Strong username

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Thanks to Naked Attraction I've seen the cock of someone I went to school with

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

How was it?

Flaccid and of poor comparison to five other men. Although he got to the final two.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I've only seen a few eps of Naked Attraction (I say this fully prepared to be called a liar) but isn't the whole premise "What if people were paired up purely on looks and nothing to do with personality, would things work out???"

And from the few I've seen, they've basically proved that no it wouldn't. The dates were awkward or they didn't hit it off at all. Channel 4 have already destroyed their own premise. Unless I just missed all the ones where they fall in love

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Somewhere along the line Ricky Gervais has forgotten what nuance is. All his stuff seems to now have caricatures instead of characters

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yeah I recall his voice being quite hoarse for a series, also randomly had a shaved head for a few episodes.

Sad death. Consistently the funniest part of that show imo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Watched GamesMaster last night and thought it was fine enough. Admittedly my very low bar was "I hope this is better than Go 8 Bit" which it cleared in record time. Christ that show was shite

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

Started the new Alan Partridge live show on Prime. Got about a third of the way through and turned it off. It wasn't particularly funny, in fact actively awkward at times, and AP in an arena just creates too much cognitive dissonance for me.

He's definitely at his best in the small confines of a sitcom, as almost all comedic characters are.

went to see it live when it was at the O2 and found it funny at the time but watched the Prime recording and agree that wasn't great. elevated by being there live I imagine

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

For TV I'm sure it's Hislop, HIGNFY has been going for 33 years. At one point Merton got bored and skipped a series but I'm pretty sure Hislop's been there the entire time

It's also wild to me that they've now had guest hosts for nearly twice as long as Deayton was ever on the show

iirc Ian Hislop did one show with appendicitis and went to hospital immediately after it finished

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
as a very old man, 'twas his wont

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
He'd been loving that emu for years

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Central African Republic also got memed into no longer being a reliable pointless answer iirc

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I also dislike social media users

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
noel edmonds is a oval office

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Ting Tong Macadangdang.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Skulker posted:

Destroy anyone who's been in Footlights.

lol. You'll be slaughtering a lot more of the comedy scene than you might think, every oval office goes there

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
apparently steve wright proper stank. you wouldn't have wanted to share a lift with him. in that sense he was perfect for radio

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

crispix posted:

Trap Door is pretty drat dark

I loved it as a child

it was your best avatar

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Starbucks posted:

Mandy is great, I would say the first episode sets up expectations on how things will go nicely.

Just watched race across the world, like a lot of these things you have no idea what the producers force or what other unseen rules they have but some seem to absolutely piss through the money.

there was that dad and daughter combo in the last series where the dad had a crippling taxi addiction

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
rip sean lock

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
fully aware there's different comedians for different tastes but genuinely don't understand who Tom Allen is meant to appeal to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Taear posted:

Everyone talking about it seems to say it's pretty rubbish
Theo James will forever be the evil guy in the inbetweeners film for me, I think that's the first time I ever saw him

lol same. was a huge shock finding out he voiced someone in castlevania