Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Alan BStard posted:

Timecop is on the iPlayer, for the few of you that have good taste to truly appreciate.

Goodbye Solo is also on there, watch that first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

eating only apples posted:

John was always my favourite, poor guy stuck up there all alone :(

actually scratch that Virgil was cooler.

He'd switch places with Alan once in a while, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

What the gently caress:
http://t.co/CX5NIHV
BBC iPlayer to lose radio content as part of online overhaul.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

That bit with the egg going nuclear... They made that up, right? That couldn't have been real. Right?

It's a parody of an old kids show called Ludwig.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

also something funny about the new cast, my brother was an extra for some of Skins and apparently the rich girl is a bit of a diva irl. Something about her throwing a tantrum because nobody would go and get her a packet of crisps :lol:

Is that the girl who was in The Golden Comapass movie?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Do the BBC show films on some kind of cycle. I remember watching Requiem for a Dream at about this time last year.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Kin posted:

Trademark? With who? I can't think of any recognisable brand off the top of my head that's called Dave.

No-one gives a crap about the name anyway, it's got a reputation of showing the best funny bits of the BBC so calling it somethign else probably wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Apparently there's a brand consultancy company called Dave who've been fighting them in a trademark battle since the channel rebranded.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Paxman got handed a loving tongue twister tonight:
http://youtu.be/B5uHegwQvyM

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Kin posted:

For some reason the digital signal in my area has been utter bollocks the last few days and i can only presume that it's dow to the weather.

So unless it clears up it looks like this is week 2 where i can't watch the show on the night. :smith:

Stream it live on iPlayer:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_two_england/watchlive

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

What were the two songs that played after the second Barry Shitpeas sketch?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

What the gently caress does David Mitchell have against Geography?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Is it just me or does it sound just like the metrosexual girl on Skins voice has been dubbed?

Woah Huey Morgan.

cloudchamber fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 4, 2011

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I didn't even watch Skins this week but I can probably guess with certainty their definition of 'metal' starts with Slipknot and ends with Slayer

There was some of that but there was also a bit of Kyuss and a lot of Napalm Death.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Richard Ayoade's film Submarine now has a trailer and a release date in March:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeh-mQSQyE

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Actually the one he posted is AM180 by Grandaddy.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

goatface posted:

But he's also about 70. We need someone who can carry the banner for the next 30 years.

Benedict Cumberbatch.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

No it wasn't.

A-bloo loving bloo.

He admits that it is on his Twitter page.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Zorba the Greek posted:

Watching 10 o Clock Live now on +1, what in the gently caress is Rastamouse? It looks like the single greatest thing in the world.

Watch them all now:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00yfn03

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Kin posted:

What's this 4thought TV stuff that's always on these days and why do they seem to always be preaching religion when i see them on the telly?

The one that was just on was advertised as "should parents smack their children", which promptly turned out to be the woman saying yes it is because the Bible says so while then showing her finding and reading a passage from it.

My highschool was full of that kind of bullshit.

They spend a week on a single subject, with a different persoon giving their views everyday.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Wasn't it more that he was ran over by a bus and broke his brain? I din't actually watch it, but that's how it sounded.

The finale to seaon one is his redemption moment as he apologises for his deeds over the phone to his girlfriend. Then a bus plows into him and a musical number begins.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

HERAK posted:

Welcome to the modern world of shooting APs, self editing, and dubious ethical practices. If you want to see what tv could look like if its produced well by crafts people go watch Top Gear or something with Attenborough or Brian Cox Presenting.

Whoever does the sound for Top Gear really overuses Hans Zimmers music though.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

That first bit with the food tailored to the film was just loving ridiculous. Fish market scene so he creates a terrible smell in the room and gives them disgusting food. Orgy scene so he gives them a sauce that looks like cum. Seriously?

What film were they watching?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I've just complained to the BBC about their news coverage of Japan. 10,000+ people dead and much of a country destroyed isn't sexy enough for them, so they have been fearmongering about atoms instead.

Pricks.

Why? They're reporting developing news.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Kin posted:

I think the more glaring thing is that he seems to be talking like a small child trying to do a talk (on gold at the minute).

Here's a fact about gold
*pause*
It's gold and it does that.
*pause*
Some people have done stuff with gold.
*pause*

edit: you know what i'd like to see. A blend of a sci-fi/educational TV show.

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been done before, but it would be a series based on a group of astronauts launching on the first galaxy expedition. It would be a mix of fiction and reality with the fiction more or less being the technology that lets them travel fast and explore and reality being the analysis they do on each of the planets/stars/asteroids/etc in the galaxy.

I imagine it as being this wonders of the universe, but instead of a random science guy weakly narrating it, you've got a cast of actors in a series of sets(possibly made up of real scientists) physically going out there and studying it first hand.

Throw in some other fiction tropes (signs of alien life, etc) possibly with a more realistic spin such as finding baceria somewhere else, etc and i think we'd have a winner.

There was a show similar to that called Space Odyssey.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

I'm glad we take time out every year to feed Horne's ego.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Holy poo poo, that song is loving terrible.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Just looked up the song and no it's not a parody he actually released it earlier this week:
http://www.pressassociation.com/component/pafeeds/2011/03/17/michael_single_is_top_of_the_flops?camefrom=listings-and-data

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Those jokes sounded familiar...

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Johnny Deformed posted:

Why did they take it straight off iplayer? :( Dammit I only saw up to the Love episode.

They always take shows off iPlayer a week after they air, it's nothing new.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Metrication posted:

I thought it was 28 days or something for some programmes though?

I think that's just radio shows.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

I doubt the BBC would be able to host a full BBC archive online without ending up in masses of debt, anyway.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

pisshead posted:

Wouldn't you get good economies of scale making a soap though? It's not like the production values are very high, and scenes don't seem to last longer than two seconds. Once they'd got the couple of camcorders into the cardboard set and the tenth-rate actors made-up and in place, they could probably film a year's worth of material in an afternoon.

Less profit overall though as they can't flog them on DVD afterwards.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

N3RDSTER posted:

Just seen an ad on BBC2 as I was in this topic. Apparently Louis Theroux is off to see the Westboro Baptist Church next week. That should be... interesting.

Sure its not a repeat of this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7735501683185935638

Edit: Forget that, just saw on his Twitter page that it's a brand new doc
http://twitter.com/Louis_Theroux

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Jawidar posted:

I do remember hearing something about that. Was called "Return to the Most Hated Family in America" or something?

According to his Twitter page its called America's Most Hated Family In Crisis and its on on Sunday.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

What was the purple cave in Jordan stuff one of the kids was talking about?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Monster w21 Faces posted:

I was talking to Charlie Brooker on twitter and he pointed me towards this page.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=adam%20curtis

All of Adam Curtis' docs.

It's missing the one about Hernrietta Lacks which is up on his blog:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/2010/06/the_undead_henrietta_lacks_and.html

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

I don't recall the show mentioning he was gay either.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Flatscan posted:

What the hell were you watching?

I assume he's talking about Crimson Petal and the White.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Is that guy drunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

How many episodes are left of Ten O'clock live? By now they really should have brought it to an end and be discussing how to make the next season less of a train wreck.

cloudchamber fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 22, 2011