Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I saw a television advertisement for Michael McIntyre's Easter Night At The Coliseum.

The joke was that Easter Sunday is not on the same date every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I'm on the fourth episode now. It's reminding me a lot of Extras with the comedian playing a character that's mostly himself alongside the 30-something adolescent female character. It's pretty good. Peter Kay is still using bits of his ancient material but it's delivered in such a mundane setting that you can almost miss it :)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Is there any reason why the BBC doesn't advertise Dragons' Den more? I've missed whole series because I've had no idea it's on. I caught a repeat of an episode from the latest series last night and it's still a good show, although the new panelists aren't so great and I really miss that Theo the foetus, he was the best imo.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

That actor, unkind as it may be to say, was a repellent monstrous loving freak. He looked like Captain Black transmuted into something approximating flesh. His acting was still wooden though.

That was John Hensley. I watched The Sopranos last winter and he was in the episode "Happy Wanderer", in series two. He was so bad that he was outperformed by the clunky CGI Ma Soprano that they put in to wrap up the character after her actor died. :laugh:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Taear posted:

Is Dragon's Den over? It ended with a "next week on" but hasn't been on since!

I never know when it's on, either. I've missed whole series because the BBC just doesn't advertise it. I'm also not keen on the changes they've made to the show. I find the incessant music throughout the negotiations really grating and I don't rate the three newcomers. I really miss Theo the Foetus :(

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I had no idea they were rebranding. Not long ago I was actually thinking that the old idents had been around for a long time and were still really good. Oh well :(

Boo, this.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

thehustler posted:

It's hilarious though because all of the marketing crap that goes with the rebrand talks about how this is supposed to remind viewers that C4 is edgy and cool and not afraid to take risks. However, that's not what C4 is now. It ain't the 80s Red Triangle phase anymore.

Have they done anything in the last few years that could be described as original/a big risk? I'd agree that the first things that come to my mind when I think of Channel 4's output these days don't chime with "edgy/cool/risky". :/

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
The Apprentice starts next Wednesday. :effort:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
The first series was the only one with serious candidates wasn't it? I remember watching the first episode of series two and wondering if they'd taken Big Brother's shipment of idiots by mistake. They had some morons of breathtaking proportions that year.

Um, no offence to the goon who got shortlisted. :/

crispix fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 8, 2015

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I wonder why they moved The Apprentice to autumn.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Is anyone doing an Apprentice thread?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I don't mind making one, if nobody else is... traditional. :/

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

The Big Taff Man posted:

If you're going to do it do it well because I like the individual pictures and thoughts, make sure to watch all their profiles.

Why don't you do it then, Demandy McFussypants? :mad:

e: I honestly don't have the time for that I'm afraid. I will leave it to someone else to start a thread with a poo poo OP and get told off by Taff.

crispix fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 13, 2015

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Hollyoaks is the most American British soap. I've made a point of not watching it for years, but it wouldn't surprise me very much if I found out there has been a story involving gems, a haunted mummy or maybe an alien pregnancy.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
This might be silly, but assuming the advert for the new series of Peep Show is one of the funniest lines from the first episode, I'm not too hopeful about the new series. :/

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Halloween telly is very bad. Not spooky at all imo.

A bunch of us are watching early nineties Hallowe'en sensation Ghostwatch using nineties technology IRC (#ukgoons on synirc) at 10 tonight if anyone fancies it. Most of us (including me) haven't seen it. :ssh:

crispix fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 31, 2015

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Ghostwatch was great. The cupboard under the stairs was referred to as a glory hole throughout and nobody so much as smirked. The show makes for especially hilarious viewing if you think of Pipes as Jimmy Saville.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Have you guys seen Pick Me? It is incredibly 90s and camp and I love it. :laugh:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Kyle puts up good competition to be the worst Jeremy, doesn't he? The way he berates people and threatens not to offer help unless they dramatically break down or blow up on stage is quite difficult television. Difficult to watch, that is. Presumably very cheap to make since it's been on for a decade.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
There are often times when he can't/doesn't bother to hide his glee when the guests start trying to knock seven bells out of each other. It's the sort of face you might see on a cruel child realising it has been left alone with a cage of puppies and a stick.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I do worry that this will further muddy the waters for those people who are so hard of thinking that they attack soap actors in public for the lovely things their characters do. :/

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
RIP our Tell.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Tonight is BBC3's last night. :rip:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I loved Monkey Dust. I almost hate to say it now, but I liked the first series of Little Britain at the time. I do wonder if many youngins will actually bother with the online stuff.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Rondette posted:

What the gently caress is going on with Dragon's Den? Are they showing programmes fortnightly now?

I have never understood why the BBC fucks around with this show's scheduling so much. I have also missed whole series because they never seem to advertise it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I thought the new Mid Morning Matters were a bit strange. I felt like they could have been a lot better, but I suppose there is only so much you can do with a series where the set doesn't change. I definitely think shorter episodes worked a lot better. It disturbs me a great deal that Steve Coogan is now Alan's age. :stare:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Trickjaw posted:

I was amused to see they had cut Savile from the Amarillo video, which was a feast of he's dead, she's dead.

Sounds like something Saville would have really enjoyed.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I suppose The Thick of It counts, since it had its last series in 2012, but overall it's another one that I think is pretty heavily tied to the New Labour era.

Totally agree. I rewatched The Thick of It last Christmas and I actually thought about how difficult it would be to make a new series with politics as it is today. I know it's not going to happen, but a new series would surely have to carry on from the last (where the narrative was that New Labour was the natural party of government and just needed a competent leader) and so it would lose its parallel with reality which is what really made the show.

Also the turkey twizzler madness was around 2005. I feel old.

crispix fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Apr 27, 2016

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I really don't like the reaction room gimmick they have added to Dragons' Den this series. I wish they'd stop trying to mess with the format. I am however quite enjoying how every other investor on the show can't seem to stand Touker Suleyman and how nobody seems to want investment from him because he's just such a horrible little turd. :newlol:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

SeanBeansShako posted:

Make sure you bring the mug back, It's our only one.

There's a spoon in the bathroom but I've nee call to use it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Bacon Terrorist posted:

When is The Apprentice back?

The last couple of years they've shown it later in the year so the final is just before Christmas. I don't think i'll bother watching it unless they do something to breathe new life into it. Last year's were dogshite, I thought.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
The Apprentice starts next Thursday, according to a copy of the Daily Mail someone left behind at work yesterday. Is there going to be an internet forum thread for it?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I'm not that fussed, really. Someone in the thread asked when it was starting a while ago.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Khablam posted:

I'll make an even lower effort OP this time, to reflect the show's demise. It still got about 50+ posts a week last year so it'll spam this thread up.

I honestly can't remember a single person who was on it last year. Agree with the goon who said it is in need of a format change. Also they should replace smug and emotionless vend-a-pun Sugar imo.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Mr Beens posted:

It annoys me when Hollywood or Berry goes "he should be proud to go out now, getting this far means he is is the 8th best baker in the country". Actually no. He is the Xth best baker in the country, minus all the people who have been on the previous 8 series, minus all the actually better people who didn't bother to apply to the wanky competition as they were too busy making and scoffing cakes and bread for their mates.

I think if the BBC has the authority to tell us that Princess Diana was the third Greatest Briton to have ever lived, they can tell us who is the country is best at cakes. :colbert:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
This country really went to the dogs after Dale stopped wearing suits on Supermarket Sweep.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Wheat Loaf posted:

Just saw a bit of Stephen Nolan having a go at a Trump supporter over a video link. Nolan should get a shot at the big time. You know, he should have a shot at Newsnight or something. Like all Northern Irish people, he has a naturally threatening accent, so I think he'd be good at it even if he did nothing but talk complete nonsense.

His accent isn't threatening, it's silly. Also he has a high voice and an eating problem.

That's him trying to look tough. And Julian Simmons is a creepy bastard and I'm glad he won't be on my television set anymore.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Not everyone here talks like Jim McDonald.

*snort*!! so they don't :newlol:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

What?!
Say it aint so, our Julian not on the TV?

I once heckled him on the street while driving past, one of my life's regrets.

I once almost ran him over on the Ormeau Road because he was jaywalking and wouldn't hurry himself. He did in the end.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Did I see an ident on the BBC (after Question Time, I think) of all half naked old people on a gloomy beach? :stare:

I may have dreamt this, I hope I did. One of the old men had such large breasts that I thought I was seeing full woman breasts on the BBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I've been watching Dragons' Den! They seem to have stopped doing so much of the silly reaction cam gimmick they introduced last year where a relative or business partner of the person seeking investment sits in a room and has their face filmed for reactions to the proceedings. I think that's a good thing. Also it is quite funny how people are reluctant to accept investment from very creepy absolute tit Touker Suleyman and no other investor wants to work with him on anything. Deborah Meaden in particular who sits beside him no longer hides how pissed off she is with his attempts to make every pitch be about him in some way. I mean it has got quite silly.

This is he getting into a baby's Moses basket and breaking it

Good TV.