Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020
Yeah, it's currently running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020
I was rooting for George.

Looking only at the numbers, it was objectively the most lopsided since season 1.

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020

Mr. Squishy posted:

Where are you all seeing Canadian Throw Down ? More4 or dailymotion links?

I got it off the tv_bunny reddit.

Watched the first episode last night. Did not enjoy Seth Rogen in it.

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020

Taear posted:

Pottery throwdown spoilers
Absolutely obvious from day one who was going to win. Still felt nice I guess - honestly if she'd hosed up and Dan had won I'd probably have been kinda annoyed. I know that you can't go "well you did really well before and yea you hosed up once but you deserved the win" but when it DOESN'T happen like that it often feels lovely. When a person is the best in 10 episodes but ruins it in episode 11 it feels like a bit of a bad narrative.

That's true, though I was still rooting for Dan. It hasn't been this one sided since season one. Pretty weird that Donna didn't tell her kids. I wonder what story they told them.

Overall, I think they've been handling the judging well the past few seasons. I remember being quite upset about some of the decisions in the early seasons. I'm still mad about Elaine's elimination in season two.

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020

Taear posted:

More throwdown stuff
Jan going still felt weird as hell. Not to say she hadn't done kinda badly in that episode but i felt Dave did worse.
I don't like Dan though, he has a weird divorced dad energy to him. He also comes off like he has loads of money but I guess how can you possibly be doing pottery if you haven't got loads of money

In regards to Jan, I think they did a poor job editing the episode to justify their choice. But, the choice wasn't confusing to me personally. Jan's form wasn't very good or as ambitious as Dave's. Dave's didn't turn out very well, but this was primarily because of his accident. The original form was better, and persevered to salvage it as best he could, which they acknowledged also shows skill. I think it could have been either of them, but I don't think Jan was an unreasonable choice.