Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mclem
Oct 2, 2021

The_Doctor posted:

I remembered short lived Saturday morning itv thing Ghost Train yesterday and was explaining it to my partner, and in doing so, it just sounds nuts. The fact the show even had a plotline is very odd. Motormouth didn’t, Live & Kicking didn’t, why does Ghost Train?

I'd imagine Number 73 having a vague plot conceit to it led into Ghost Train doing so, it wasn't until after that the idea kind of fell by the wayside somewhat. Recently discovered a YT channel with a decent bunch of No. 73 episodes so it's been on my mind!

(Also, if we're talking classic kids' cartoons, gotta throw out a mention to Jamie And The Magic Torch. That theme tune!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mclem
Oct 2, 2021

Dell_Zincht posted:

Wow, thanks for this! Last time I checked (admittedly a long time ago) I couldn't find any existing footage. The early series of Motormouth was removed from the ITV archives.

The Youtube channel I mentioned earlier that was uploading a bunch of Number 73s has also now uploaded a couple of full-ish (i.e. cartoons and maybe some music performances clipped out) episodes of Motormouth. Given the name, it looks like they're working through archival stuff from Maidstone specifically.

https://www.youtube.com/@Made-in-Maidstone/videos

mclem
Oct 2, 2021

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

fully aware there's different comedians for different tastes but genuinely don't understand who Tom Allen is meant to appeal to

I first encountered him via Bleak Expectations and that, at least, *was* exactly My Sort Of Thing. But then I guess that's as a character and not as him?

mclem
Oct 2, 2021

EL BROMANCE posted:

Once again, I am mad about TV quiz shows.

25% question from 1% Club on Saturday, so a question they say 3/4 of people in the UK should get wrong, thus I would expect some trickery afoot.

Answer:

I call bullshit.

“The same number of toes on your right foot as your left hand” should be 0 - you don’t have any toes on your left hand. If this isn’t the gotcha and the wording was correct, the question is literally just asking you to add 4 numbers together, where’s the difficulty there?

From chatting with a few insiders, I'm told that the independent adjudicator got involved with this one, and ultimately they did allow anyone who said '17' through.