Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

Come on now Master Eugene

SeanBeansShako posted:

Ah those were the days.

The Jack Docherty Show followed by some Jerry Sadowitz. Good times.

Plus they're the only channel to really take a chance on the US sports - I used to fall asleep to baseball, basketball or hockey pretty much every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishy
May 2, 2003

I realise it was a few days ago now but:

The Trip (BBC iPlayer link)
I thought Coogan played The Trip a little too close to Partridge for my liking. I can't imagine him actually being like that whereas Brydon seemed a lot more believable. I still enjoyed the interaction, but didn't expect it to feel a little forced. Still worth 30 minutes of your time though.

Coppers (4oD link)
I really enjoyed Coppers - as has been mentioned, that poem was amazing. I found the police came off pretty well, really. Regarding the human rights thing that was talked about, I'm not surprised or bothered - the crims just waste police time and everyone knows it. I felt sorry for the girl. If you can't be arsed to watch the whole thing, the poem has been uploaded to YouTube. It might not have as much impact without seeing what Danny is like throughout the show though. The whole "pink shirt" phone call was hilarious too.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

I loved the Bond/Neeson bit in The Trip tonight.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

Afterdark posted:

Looking good, first look at the Top Gear ep as well and had to giggle like an idiot at Hammonds face with the reveal.

I can't watch Top Gear these days. It's so contrived and fake.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

The Eastenders green screen Tube thing, for anyone who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vRMKnyS74#t=4m45

Bishy
May 2, 2003

Plus while I love Jimmy Carr, his laugh sounds like a suffocating hyena.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

I'm loving the poo poo out of Tool Academy. All of them, the blokes and their girlfriends, are utter bellends. Great car-crash tv.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

Liam, the guy shown at the start fingering another girl in the toilets, passed the 'commitment' course. Tool Academy is utterly batshit.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

I'd like to see the chasers appear on Eggheads and just obliterate the lot of them. I do like The Chase.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

MJ_Turbo posted:

Should have been set in Liverpool and called the "Mersey Shore"

missed opportunity there

It's funny you should say that, because auditions were held in a Liverpool club last bank holiday weekend for an 'essex' type show...

Bishy
May 2, 2003

Kin posted:

Which is why (once we have the list) we have to argue the poo poo out. The Catherine Tate Show and Frankie Boyles Tramadol Nights are loving abortions, for example.

Burnistoun, on the other hand, is amazing:

I love Burnistoun. My favourite sketch is probably the lift one though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

Apparently they've got a new show on the way to Channel 4 in the fairly near future.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

Adam and Joe are live from Glasto for the next few days, if you're interested. They're on until 1pm today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/glastonbury/2011/

Bishy
May 2, 2003

justcola posted:

Anybody want to guess how/if the current Murdoch and News International kafuffle will affect the beeb? I'm hoping that we will finally get bbc archives but, we'll see. And they'll probably only go back to 2002 anyway since they threw away everything to make room for the Top Gear studio.

Also: http://www.chortle.co.uk/features/2011/07/19/13653/stewart_lee%3A_what_i_really_think_about_michael_mcintyre

Good article, and my favourite bit was:

quote:

These days I mainly meet other comics at the 60 or so unpaid charity benefit shows I do every year

Absolutely glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishy
May 2, 2003

Anyone watching the Bake Off final? Brendan's presentation is awesome, but I can't help but think James is gonna to take it. I don't like John at all.