Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Ha ha ha! I see that the Americans have signed Piers Morgan to replace Larry King

At least that might mean that we see less of the talentless, paedophile-faced twat on our screens now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I just watched 10 O'Clock Live. Three word review: Bucket of piss.

It was exactly the sort of poo poo-balloon that Charlie Brooker would rip into on one of his shows.

Shame on them all.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
When did people start using "skits" instead of "sketches" ? I'd never even heard the word used until I joined here and lots of 'mericans were using it.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Cichlid the Loach posted:

About a million years after first posting about it, I finally finished State of Play. Wow! I think I may need some time to digest. And maybe a rewatch, knowing what I know now.

Awesome isn't it? If you want to keep it that way, don't watch the Hollywood remake

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Kin posted:

I just caught up with Have I Got News For You and i'm a little taken aback by the greater emphasis put on the no to AV campaign by that smug tory oval office

Smug, Tory and a oval office. But I thought she was hot and I'd let her come first past my post any day

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Good old Charlie Brooker. He's got #donaldtrumpisabellend as the top trend on Twitter today.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I tried watching 10 O'Clock Live again last night. Good Lord it's bad. Not just "a bit bad" either, proper poo poo-balls-bad. The only redeeming feature is Brooker. David Mitchell comes across as a scared amateur bumbling his way through bad jokes and horrifically embarrassing interviews.

I'm baffled at the love it gets in here.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Sion posted:

I just watched the secret millionaire in Middlesbrough. Very rarely cry when I see stuff on TV.

Did.

I want to know how they are still getting away with it. It's been on a few years now using the same format. If I worked in a charity and a strange bloke from out of the area turned up with a camera crew and asked for a "few days work experience" I'd be thinking "Woo hoo! MONEY!"

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
:wtc: On Twitter Graham Lineham is tweeting about Bin-Laden watching the IT crowd. Apparently it's in one of these home movie tapes that was released today but he can't find an official source to confirm it.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Have Collings and Herrin had some sort of falling out? I noticed on Twitter there seems to be a tense air between them and they have said that the podcasts are "resting but not dead"

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Brown Moses posted:

Looking at this thread I can see Big Brother has been a massive success.

When Jedward are the biggest celebrities in the house you know the show has reached its lowest point.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I have just finished listening to Alan Partridge's audiobook. I've always been a huge fan of Partridge so am slightly biased but this is up there as one of the best things he has ever done.

I cannot recommend it enough. Hearing him talk about his work on The Day Today, how he met Glen Ponder, his divorce etc is just wonderful.

I'm sure I looked like a special needs kid as I chuckled away to myself whilst walking the dog but needless to say, I had the last laugh.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Junkenstein posted:

Yeah, I was about to buy the kindle version, but then thought, hang on, I wonder if Coogan himself narrates the audiobook? And he does! Good stuff.

Exactly the reason I went audio instead of Kindle. I almost got the Kindle one then realised that this is the perfect book for Partridge to read and I was right.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

varjoankka posted:

Does anybody follow Spooks anymore? Its not what it used to be but...

I've always loved it, but this series all the characters seem so loving depressed. It's almost as if they know it's the last series.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I caught 10 minutes of The Impressions Show the other day....oh dear. It really should have been called "John Culshaw Does Different Accents" because "Impressions" really is a little misleading.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I've got a Humax Freesat HD digibox thingy wotsit and have recently connected it to the internet with an ethernet cable.

iPlayer on a big 50" screen is a wonderful invention even if the UI is a bit poo poo.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
This may be a good place to ask this, so I shall ask away...

I don't have a Sky subscription but I do have an Xbox and with a valid Sky account I can view Sky TV through my Xbox.

So....can I use a family member's Sky login details to sign up on my Xbox? Bear in mind they live 200 miles away. Or are they going to get busted by Sky seeing that someone Up North is viewing Sky from a person's account Daaarn Saarf?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I realised last night that 4OD is now available on Xbox, which was a nice surprise. So I sat down and watched a couple of episodes of Phonsehop. I rather quite liked it, is that a shared opinion here?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Pablo Bluth posted:

Watching Coppers on 4oD. It broke for an advert break to show me an advert for.... Coppers.

Coppers is bloody brilliant

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Z-Magic posted:

I've never heard any of the radio show, what was so bad about them/her?

It just didn't work. We went from Adam & Joe (awesome) to Collings and Herrin (usually very good) to Long and Collings (not really working)

They had a lot to live up to

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Captain Mediocre posted:

Can anyone give me some radio recommendations? I'm a big fan of stuff like The Unbelievable Truth and So Wrong It's Right (and Adam & Joe of course). Preferably comedy but anything entertaining/informative is good too. Bonus for stuff with a back-catalogue on youtube or wherever.

That fake call in show. You know, with what's his face in it, they made a TV show about it a year or so ago. What was it called?

DOWN THE LINE! That's it. I think. Anyway, find that, it's top-banana

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

chazzared posted:

I've always been one of those "I hate talent competitions on TV" people, but I can't bring myself to hate The Voice.

I'm watching it now for the first time. Are all the acts usually this poo poo? They sound like people who would get booted off an audition on the X Factor

Oh, and Jessie J makes me want to hurt myself.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Why are you all talking about tax? I came here to see if anyone watched "Line of Duty" on BBC last night and if so, what they thought of it.

Unless of course you all want to talk about tax

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Metrication posted:

Anyone see this last night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bddWaHuxTzc

It's all over the (tax dodging) papers today.

"Is this some sort of joke?"

Imagine if it had been Osbourne and not her. There would have been blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
When I heard that Alan Sugar and Richard Desmond were involved in YouView I immediately assumed that it's going to fail spectacularly