Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
So, who is Janine gonna murder? Just her husband, her husband AND his lover, or her husband, his lover and her baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

HauntedRobot posted:

Someone I know said "No hat, not Dirk" but I thought the guy playing him was pretty much exactly what I had in my head as what Dirk was like.

It's weird, sometimes however many times an author goes to pains to describe someone's appearance, you get stuck with something completely different in your head. Dirk is meant to be kinda fat, but the character doesn't really *feel* fat, so it's easy to lose that picture of him.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
ah, this Screenwipe review of the year is amazing. Loved the inception review, and the cat in a bin segment is hilarious.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
DAT BABBY GONNA DIE!

(watchin' eastenders on iplayer and commentin' like it's live)

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
well, it's not like they haven't done advertising before. They were the PC/Mac guys in the UK.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Flatscan posted:

So PCs are boring and stuffy, but really clever and know what they're talking about, while Macs are mouthy and stupid and full of poo poo? I'll be buying a PC then.

Charlie Brooker posted:

Unless you have been walking around with your eyes closed, and your head encased in a block of concrete, with a blindfold tied round it, in the dark - unless you have been doing that, you surely can't have failed to notice the current Apple Macintosh campaign starring David Mitchell and Robert Webb, which has taken over magazines, newspapers and the internet in a series of brutal coordinated attacks aimed at causing massive loss of resistance. While I don't have anything against shameless promotion per se (after all, within these very brackets I'm promoting my own BBC4 show, which starts tonight at 10pm), there is something infuriating about this particular blitz. In the ads, Webb plays a Mac while Mitchell adopts the mantle of a PC. We know this because they say so right at the start of the ad.
"Hello, I'm a Mac," says Webb.

"And I'm a PC," adds Mitchell.

They then perform a small comic vignette aimed at highlighting the differences between the two computers. So in one, the PC has a "nasty virus" that makes him sneeze like a plague victim; in another, he keeps freezing up and having to reboot. This is a subtle way of saying PCs are unreliable. Mitchell, incidentally, is wearing a nerdy, conservative suit throughout, while Webb is dressed in laid-back contemporary casual wear. This is a subtle way of saying Macs are cool.

The ads are adapted from a near-identical American campaign - the only difference is the use of Mitchell and Webb. They are a logical choice in one sense (everyone likes them), but a curious choice in another, since they are best known for the television series Peep Show - probably the best sitcom of the past five years - in which Mitchell plays a repressed, neurotic underdog, and Webb plays a selfish, self-regarding poseur. So when you see the ads, you think, "PCs are a bit rubbish yet ultimately lovable, whereas Macs are just smug, preening tossers." In other words, it is a devastatingly accurate campaign.

I hate Macs. I have always hated Macs. I hate people who use Macs. I even hate people who don't use Macs but sometimes wish they did. Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centres for adults; computers for scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

PCs are the ramshackle computers of the people. You can build your own from scratch, then customise it into oblivion. Sometimes you have to slap it to make it work properly, just like the Tardis (Doctor Who, incidentally, would definitely use a PC). PCs have charm; Macs ooze pretension. When I sit down to use a Mac, the first thing I think is, "I hate Macs", and then I think, "Why has this rubbish aspirational ornament only got one mouse button?" Losing that second mouse button feels like losing a limb. If the ads were really honest, Webb would be standing there with one arm, struggling to open a packet of peanuts while Mitchell effortlessly tore his apart with both hands. But then, if the ads were really honest, Webb would be dressed in unbelievably po-faced avant-garde clothing with a gigantic glowing apple on his back. And instead of conducting a proper conversation, he would be repeatedly congratulating himself for looking so cool, and banging on about how he was going to use his new laptop to write a novel, without ever getting round to doing it, like a mediocre idiot.

Cue 10 years of nasal bleating from Mac-likers who profess to like Macs not because they are fashionable, but because "they are just better". Mac owners often sneer that kind of defence back at you when you mock their silly, posturing contraptions, because in doing so, you have inadvertently put your finger on the dark fear haunting their feeble, quivering soul - that in some sense, they are a superficial semi-person assembled from packaging; an infinitely sad, second-rate replicant who doesn't really know what they are doing here, but feels vaguely significant and creative each time they gaze at their sleek designer machine. And the more deftly constructed and wittily argued their defence, the more terrified and wounded they secretly are.

Aside from crowing about sartorial differences, the adverts also make a big deal about PCs being associated with "work stuff" (Boo! Offices! Boo!), as opposed to Macs, which are apparently better at "fun stuff". How insecure is that? And how inaccurate? Better at "fun stuff", my arse. The only way to have fun with a Mac is to poke its insufferable owner in the eye. For proof, stroll into any decent games shop and cast your eye over the exhaustive range of cutting-edge computer games available exclusively for the PC, then compare that with the sort of rubbish you get on the Mac. Myst, the most pompous and boring videogame of all time, a plodding, dismal "adventure" in which you wandered around solving tedious puzzles in a rubbish magic kingdom apparently modelled on pretentious album covers, originated on the Mac in 1993. That same year, the first shoot-'em-up game, Doom, was released on the PC. This tells you all you will ever need to know about the Mac's relationship with "fun".

Ultimately the campaign's biggest flaw is that it perpetuates the notion that consumers somehow "define themselves" with the technology they choose. If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that "says something" about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality. Of course, that hasn't stopped me slagging off Mac owners, with a series of sweeping generalisations, for the past 900 words, but that is what the ads do to PCs. Besides, that's what we PC owners are like - unreliable, idiosyncratic and gleefully unfair. And if you'll excuse me now, I feel an unexpected crash coming.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
FINE, I'LL BE THE ONLY ONE COMMENTING ON EASTENDERS THEN SHALL I?

More about the dead baby, Ronnie slowly losing it, some genuinely touching moments from Shane Ritchie, happy gays, pretty much everyone else miserable. The amount of makeup they usually slather on Kat makes the difference all the more dramatic when they leave it off

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

These are fantastic, especially the ones with the female presenter where she becomes obsessed with him and eventually discovers his true identity.

I still sometimes answer random questions with "is it Ghostbusters 2?"

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
so, what's the WORST possible lineup for a comedy panel show? You can only pick people it's feasible to have on there (possibly only people who've done at least one before) and "topical" non comedy guests like Buzzcocks music people or HIGNFY politicians aren't allowed.

I don't know my full lineup but it definitely features Allan Carr

Speaking of comedy panel shows, did anyone listen to the 99p challenge on radio? it was more pre-scripted and less topical than a normal panel show, but the performers came up with some really good stuff and though there was a bit of "random" humour it never strayed too far into monkey-cheese and generally was pretty well structured. They had some incerdibly classy regular panelists too, like Armando Iannucci, Simon Pegg and Peter Serafinowicz.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
anyone know when it'll be on 4OD?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
watchin' Derren...

He DEFINITELY said McFly in his intro schpiel when people were coming up to write their stuff down. Are people THAT primed to suggestion?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Squalitude posted:

One interesting bit in watching Penn and Teller right after Derren Brown, one of the "Fool Me" acts was a bit like Derren Brown's acts, pretending that he had convinced his mark to choose the ten of hearts, using terms like "often" and "heard" frequently to insert the message into the mark's psyche. Penn and Teller didn't fall for it and both performers stated it was bullshit! together. It was, in fact, simply a trick deck (and quite an obvious one, too). This is a lot like Derren Brown's, remember one of his stage shows (On TV) with his insertions of things like "Hammer Daily Nail 14" (to "make" people choose P14 of the Daily Mail), although the Penn and Teller show pretty much gave it away that these little terms thrown in aren't to help trick the participants, but so the mentalist can go back afterwards and point them out, thereby misdirecting the audience away from the real trick, whatever that is...

Indeed, I always assumed a lot of the "mentalist" stuff was just another layer of misdirection to draw people away from the fact many of the tricks are actually performed using very traditional methods (sleight of hand, stooges etc). It's all very meta.

Not that that makes the tricks less impressive or clever, in many ways creating this complex frame narrative makes it MORE fun.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Brown Moses posted:

Fish have an annoying tendency to swim next to fish of other species, and not always where you expect them to be, making it very difficult to target a specific species for fishing. The amount of dead fish thrown back into the see because of quotas is disgusting, totally wasteful, and something that really needs to change.

I didn't watch the program myself, because I received spam from these guys to sign their petition and they wouldn't answer this question (it may well have been answered in the show, which is why I ask here):

What is the alternative?

If you allow boats to land over-quote fish, what happens to the fish and to the people who have caught too many fish? Do the crews get paid for them? if so, does this not discourage fishing within your quotas?

I'm all for avoiding food waste, but if you don't throw over quota fish back, you have to find some way to use them which does not encourage the boats to fish over their quotas. That basically means the fish can't benefit anyone at any stage, or there will be potential for corruption (even if they get given away for free, the people they get given to now have an interest in maintaining over-quota catches). It's the same reason seized ivory is burnt and not sold to provide food aid or medicine or whatever.

Really the answer is extremely strict regulation and massive reduction in take to allow stocks to return to their pre-exploitation levels (I read that even "healthy" fish stocks can be as low as 10% of their original numbers before industrialised fishing). LARGE zero-take areas, Maximum as well as minimum allowed sizes (many fish grow throughout their lives, a large female fish may produce dozens of times more eggs than a small one so letting a large fish go is better than letting 10 "just undersized" ones go), and a general fall in fishing pressure.

No one in Europe needs to eat fish to live, we are not subsistence fishermen like some of the developing world and no one is going to starve without cod. In the UK/Europe the fishing industry employs relatively few people, it's like 12000 directly in the UK and lets say the same in processing, markets etc. I would be happy for my taxes to fund paying fishermen to just not fish ANYTHING for 20 years to allow the stocks to start to recover. It's a drat site better way to spend money than a banking bailout.

quote:

It was -as all these programmes tend to be- deeply uncomfortable viewing, with no easy answers. I suppose the best an average person like me can do is stop eating cod and try to find some ethically sourced monkfish? That, or turn vegetarian.

Pretty much. Or just don't eat any fish.

There is an easy answer: no more fishing. It's not a NICE answer, but it's drat easy. Reduce quotas to zero (at least for a few years), put together generous retraining/redundancy packages for people in the industry. Times change, industries become non viable and people have to move with it. Protecting an environmentally harmful industry to maintain a relatively small number of jobs is ridiculous.

quote:

I liked Hugh's fish fight, although it seemed a little bit biased against scientists. They spent a lot of time talking to the fishermen about how the scientists don't know what they're talking about with cod stocks, some saying they haven't seen this many for 40 years. Well 40 years isn't a long time, scientists doing this kind of research have data that go back 2 centuries. They did get a scientist on to explain why, but it was for like 2 minutes.

uuugh, glad I didn't watch it now, I'd have been throwing poo poo at the screen. I HATE when extractive industries act like the scientists studying their impact don't know their poo poo. Guess what, they KNOW you are catching more fish recently, and they know more about the complexities of their life history than you do and if they say that populations are not recovering and increased catches are due to other reasons, you should drat well listen to them!

http://www.thefishsite.com/articles/898/cod-stocks-in-the-north-sea here is a very brief article on cod stocks and quotas. Landings? KNOWN. Recuritment, age profiles, mortality, all this poo poo is studied by the scientists and factors into their calculations. Recommendations? ZERO CATCH of north sea cod for at least the next two years (this, by the way, has been recommended in the annual fisheries report every year since 2001 and roundly ignored). Cod isn't mature and breeding at full capacity till it's 80cm long at about 4 years old; current regs allow the capture of 35cm fish! most of those poor fuckers haven't even spawned once, and those that have have produced gently caress all eggs compared to an actual adult. So either change the nets (ALL nets, not just cod targeting nets) to only catch very large fish that have definitely spawned 2-3 times, or stop fishing in cod areas long enough for some to actually mature.

Given the recent falls in population, if cod were properly regulated, they'd be loving CITES protected endangered species and killing one deliberately would be punishable by law. But because they're tasty (apparently, always seemed like cardboard to me), they sell them on every loving street in the country.

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 12, 2011

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

FractionMan posted:

The fishermen on the trawlers themselves had an answer for this. Give a quota of days to fish, not a quota of fish. That way there's a maximum amount they can catch and a huge decrease in the discard. It's not a perfect solution, but it sure beats the current system or your stupid idea of "no one gets to eat any more fish ever"

What if they catch more on those specific days than is sustainable? It definitely sounds like a plan in principle, but setting the number of catch days is going to be fraught with difficulty; you can calculate the tonnage of a species that is sustainable, but estimating the number of catch days for a whole fleet that will make EVERY target and non target species sustainable is going to be no small thing, especially when daily catch is extremely variable

Yes, "no more fish ever" is hyperbole, but with some stocks the way they are zero-catch in very large areas for at least a few years may be literally the only way to save certain fisheries from complete collapse. As I said, scientists have been recommending zero take for cod for the best part of a decade, and given that bycatch is inevitable, how else can you get zero catch of cod except by enforcing zero catch of all species in cod areas?

I agree that the quotas seem to have some pretty bad unintended consequences and a new solution needs to be found, but it needs to be found using sound science. It might be that the best solution ends up being something like limited catch days, larger holed nets AND very large zero catch areas. These might not have to be "marine reserves" or whatever, they could even change year on year or even week to week depending on population dynamics. But commercial fishing would be banned in these areas, every boat would be tracked via GPS (really not that expensive these days) and if it strayed into an off limits area outside of emergencies, the entire catch would be confiscated or some equally strong penalty. It's draconian and hard arsed, but I think people underestimate just how bad of a state the European fish stocks are in.

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 13, 2011

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Irisi posted:

I could have done without that, but I wouldn't mind some of that wolf fish & chips, everyone seemed to find it delicious. Okay, it's not exactly a looker, but in my experience, the more hideous a fish is, the yummier it tastes.

Shame the loving thing is even more overfished than Atlantic Cod. Oh and hey main way of catching them is loving bottom trawling, pretty much the worst type of fishing you can possibly do.

so hey, great alternative to Cod yeah?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Mickolution posted:

It gets a hard time, but for some reason me and most of my mates love it. I think the fact that there isn't one likable main character in it that puts people off.

That's the BEST thing about it! in fact, there isn't a single likable character in the whole thing that I can think of, other than Kevin Eldons unfortunate barber and *possibly* Noel Fieldings crap DJ simply because there's absolutely no malice in him. Even Pingu is too much of a doormat to really be a "good" guy

I don't really see it as a laugh out loud type show anyway, it's MEANT to make you hate humanity

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Mickolution posted:

edit: Dan's probably the worst person out of all of them, of course, because he knows their scum but keeps going along with them.

Definitely. I think he actually becomes WORSE as the show goes on (or maybe it's just seeing more of him). He's got an inflated sense of his own worth, he's a bully (the way he treats Nathan is often pretty similar to how Nathan treats Pingu, exemplified in the final episode with the terrorist thing), he's feckless, lazy and arrogant.

It's interesting to go through both Brooker and Morris' other work and see elements that were used in Nathan Barley. With Brooker it's fairly clear, there's oval office in the TVGOHOME columns and other bits and bobs. With Morris, there's a lot of stuff about the London Set in the Blue Jam radio series. He did ten or eleven monologues including "suicide journalist" and the piece that became "My Wrongs", from the perspective of a deeply disturbed man caught up in this strange city life surrounded by these awful vapid people. More colour supplement than Nathan Barleys anarchic internet, but there's definitely personality traits and kinds of people that come through in both.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Graviton v2 posted:

Why the gently caress is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade randomly on BBC1 tonight 8.00-10.00.

Im not complaining but when was the last time they turned over the whole prime time slot to a movie?

I think they did the first two in that slot in the previous few weeks

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 19, 2011

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I rather like Mighty Boosh, only seen the first two seasons properly but I really enjoyed it, especially the second. There were lots of great ideas and it kept changing it up. What I've seen of the third seems to be getting a little stale, in 1 and 2 it was new characters/settings constantly, in 3 they brought back "fan favourites", which is a surefire sign a show is running out of ideas (see "emohawk" in red dwarf bringing back Ace and Duane Dibley for NO readily explicable reason).

Fielding himself is fine in (very) small doses, but he gets extremely tiresome with his "I'll act random and really dumb and it will make funny" thing. It works OK with his Boosh character because he has a straight man to work off, but taken on its own it gets old pretty fast. It feels like he's trying to get away with not actually being CLEVER with his humour and trying to ride on his popularity and charisma to carry some pretty weak material. It's not offensively bad or anything, just boring after a while

As for league of Gentlemen, while the third series definitely felt it was lacking some spark that made the earlier ones so magical, MASSIVE props to them for at least changing things up, playing with the formula and not just rehashing the same old thing again and again. It was almost entirely new/underexplored characters and they had some fun tying seemingly unrelated episodes together. I'd rather a show took risks than get Little Britain and Catherine Tate just doing the same jokes every week with basically no difference and passing it off as new material.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Cerv posted:

3 to 5

No one likes 1 and 2?

I thought those had by FAR the most "soul", they were the ones that were most about the characters and least about some massive external conflict, or feedline-punchline type jokes. Not that I dislike 3-6, but it's like it's two shows; 1 and 2 is a character based sitcom in space, 3-6 is a more jokey sci-fi sitcom with some crazy plot elements, and 7+ doesn't exist because it was never made.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Trin Tragula posted:

For me, I like them both because they're different, and I do fail to understand people who think the show would be better without the first two series, because the later stuff doesn't work nearly as well without those first two years of really establishing the characters properly.

I do also think you're slightly selling the later years short in terms of character focus. S3 has Marooned (duh), but it's also got Timeslides (which contains some good exploration of Lister and Rimmer's pasts) and The Last Day. S4 has two episodes with great focus on Kryten (Camille and DNA) and three for Rimmer (Dimension Jump, Justice and Meltdown). S5 has Holoship and Terrorform, both about Rimmer. S6 had rather less, but even S7 had a try with Duct Soup and Blue.

While this is true, and I considered mentioning Marooned, The "second half" episodes (season 3-6) feel quite different from the "first half" episodes (1-2) even when exploring the same characters. Early period Rimmer especially feels a lot more of a rounded out character than the slightly more charicature-ish later stuff. I find the drunken breakdown in Thanks for the Memory to be *genuinely* touching;

Arnold Judas Rimmer posted:

Well, I'll tell you something, Lister. I'll tell you something. I'd trade it all in -- all of it. My pips, my long-service medals, my swimming certificates, my telescope, my shoe trees. I'd trade everything in to be loved and to have been loved.

That was going to be our song. But I never found anyone to share it with. So now it's just MY song.

The 3-6 character stuff just doesn't get me on that level, it's all a little less raw, a little more structured like a joke.

You're right though, different or not there IS some great character stuff in the latter seasons, especially for Kryten (Last Day, DNA and Camille). The two halves are both great in their own ways.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Rarity posted:

That bit with the egg going nuclear... They made that up, right? That couldn't have been real. Right?

The whole thing was made for the show

enjoying this, it's screenwipe-y not new-hair-ey

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
ahaha, "If pens got hot" is loving genius

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

cloudchamber posted:

It's a parody of an old kids show called Ludwig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ThMmLVWZo8

gently caress me, I thought I'd never seen this, but it's somehow ringing bells

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Ratjaculation posted:

I actually saw a dead dog on the side of the road earlier...

:negative:

did it have tyre tread on burst stomach?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
holy crap Requiem for a Dream is on iplayer.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

King Crab posted:

Dave Angel: Eco Warrior is probably one of my favourite sketches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlQ9KLrC4Us the fast show can make me cry.

(I think along with the Ted and Ralph sketches this is pretty much what the Homlmes and Watson sketch in Mitchell and Webb was riffing on)

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Lord Dekks posted:

Definitely tuning in tonight for this:

haha, does EVERYONE call him "the actor Kevin Eldon"? did that start with Lee and Herring or is it older than that?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Acolyte! posted:

Can probably do better than that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I76BRgV7L94

I was a little older when this was shown so I remember it fairly well. But the quality of the animation is pretty spectacular for TV, it must have cost a fortune

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Trin Tragula posted:

I'm still waiting for someone else who watched The Delta Wave...

(mid-90s, CITV, kids with psi-powers and a scientist woman called Dr Munro)

I did, and it was awesome.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Being a regular waiter is a thankless and underpaid job, but working in a super posh 3 michelin starred restaurant? £18,000 is FAR from the takehome pay, If the meal is £500, what do you think the tip will be?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Brown Moses posted:

If I'm remembering this correctly they believe that once Israel is fully estabilshed the Messiah will come, and those Jews who chose to convert to Christianity will be saved, and those who don't will stay on Earth for the End of Days. They basically believe that by helping out they are bringing about the end of the world, where sinners get hosed, and good christians like them get to go to heaven.

I think you quoted the wrong post, but I rather like the idea of waiters quietly preparing for the apocalypse

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

MisterLizard posted:

That entire DVD is well worth watching. It was the first thing that sprang to mind after seeing Coogan refer to Hammond as the squirt standing behind the school bully.

If you prefer a milder comedian, please ask for one if anyone is curious.

I need to get this, saw it live and it was AMAZING.

also, you have the best avatar/username ever

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Ratjaculation posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00x8fw4

Outcasts starts tomorrow at 9 on BBC1.

Looks interesting, plus it has Apollo in it and I loved it when he was fat.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Flatscan posted:

It looks good, but then so did The Deep.

gently caress YOU THE DEEP WAS AWESOME

OK so actually the deep wasn't awesome, but I still enjoyed the poo poo out of it, cheesy predictability and all. gently caress the haters, more Minnie driver slumming it on TV and ex ER actors wondering where the hell it all went wrong

The writer has done a bunch of stuff for Spooks which I don't watch, some show called "party animals" and something called "the fixer", neither of which I've heard of (the former seems to be a drama about lobbyists, the latter a thriller about assassins). Spooks is fairly well liked around here so it might bode well.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
:rolleyes:

this guy ain't no Eddie Olmos

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Child actors need to be banned

EDIT: I hope he gets eaten by tigers

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 7, 2011

Fatkraken