Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

I say, what a dapper young fellow.
Fun Shoe
drat, I was cracking up when Will started shouting that jazz over the wheelchair kid. Hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

Fun Shoe

aga. posted:

It's even worse when it's a BBC show where it's not even like there's a commercial break they need you to come back after.

They do this on Dragon's Den and it drives me nuts.

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do people even like Buzzcocks anymore?

I think the problem is the 'show' isn't actually that funny, and the format was old even before Lamarr left. Amstell injected life into it, but mostly by taking the piss out of Z-Listers rather than masterful deployment of the intros round or last lines.

I tried to watch a few episodes of the last series and really didn't enjoy them.

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

Fun Shoe
There's the original Danish version called Forbrydelsen (translation The Killing) which is the one that aired on BBC4 and you should definitely watch.

The American remake, helpfully called The Killing as well, is apparently a bit pants.

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

Fun Shoe
I remember Simon Amstell being a presenter on Nickelodeon briefly. It looked like he hated every minute.

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

For after school entertainment none of these shows can stand up to the awesomeness of these two:

Knightmare.

Fun House.

:colbert:

Kenan and Kel
Finders Keepers

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm guessing Lovefilm will be gold only as well. Any trip reports on it yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

Fun Shoe

incredible bear posted:

All I've heard about Borgen is that HEY GUYS IT'S GOT PEOPLE FROM THE KILLING IN IT. Which is great, only I haven't got around to watching The Killing yet, and I haven't actually heard anyone, yourself included, actually say that it's brilliant TV that must be watched.

Everyone just keeps saying "Oh hey Borgen is on." yeah great, so's Jamie's Ice Skating Cafeteria. Sell it to us.

It's good. It basically asks the question 'what would happen if a good person became a world leader?', and in that respect the influence of The West Wing is obvious.

However, I think it's really well put together and pretty much the only good thing on TV at the moment.

I'd recommend giving it a go. You can do a series catch-up on the iPlayer.