Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
Who would you say is more loathsome? Louis Walsh or Piers Morgan?

They both have intolerably smug expression whilst sitting to the left of Simon Cowell. I'm pretty sure that like a narcissistic thin girl wants to have a picture taken with her ugly fat friend, to make her look better. Cowell surrounds himself with preening cunts in order to vaguely resemble a human person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.

Ratjaculation posted:

24/7 Peggy screaming

I cannot WAIT until that old bitch leaves Albert Square. I'll have a party and not invite any short people.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Tonight at 10:00 on C4, Derren Brown does something presumably mindbogglingly inexplicable in an aeroplane.

You'll all be *glued to your seats*

Fantastic!

The best thing about Derren Brown's shows are the extraordinary build up and the"what the fucks going to happen tonight" factor. He is such a great showman.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

It's sad but I'm sure a lot of a Americans hear a well preserved English accent and unconsciously credit the guy with +50 I.Q points, charisma, style and wit. Piers is a wanker, why else would they care what he thought.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

made of paper posted:

This Derren Brown thing is such a cop out, they could have at least done a vomit comet style situation rather than a poo poo simulator.

I'm pretty sure the whole things only come off right because the victim is as thick as poo poo.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

They better not kill Stacey's baby, then I'll be really upset.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

w0o0o0o posted:

I can't think of a more memorable send-off for a long time actress then having her character's charred corpse being flung across the square...

And hitting Janine in the FACE.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Poor Jamie Oliver, these people are awful.

"How dare you tell me easy ways to adopt a healthier diet and live a longer happier life?!!!

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Flatscan posted:

People might react a little better if he wasn't such a smug mockney oval office about it.

If anything he's being far too nice, the locals are kicking him around like a football. They should have got Gordon Ramsay in, he'd rip those blinkered fatties a new arsehole and stuff them to the brim with healthy food alternatives

Fuckers

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Just watched Inbetweeners

I thought it was a strong start for the series. The episode felt quite low key, which I liked. All the characters got something to do and for the first time Will wasn't the most dickish character on screen (that goes to the boy in the wheelchair, who's name escapes me) The highlights for me were; Simon sulking on the shed, Will getting ready to start on wheelchair boy, Jay's one-sided conversation with Carli on volunteering to be s model and Charlotte's brutal honesty crushing Will. Simon's exposed left bollock was funny but it felt a bit staged.

And no one poo poo themselves, hurrah!

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Ooh new Inbetweeners tonight guys! Don't forget to take a briefcase and a spare pair of PANTS

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Didn't Mark also vomit after having a go on Jeremy's bong in the "Flat Party" episode of the last series of Peepshow. Seems like a common reaction in TV land...

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Raleigh Addlington sounds like a English character on an American soap opera

My favourite quote is either;

"My first word wasn't mummy...it was money"- Shibby Robati
Or
"I'm ruthless, even in monopoly"- Raleigh Addlington

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Anyone else tuning into Eastenders? I really don't like Alfie and Kat, even back in the day I thought they were rubbish. Kat's voice alone is awful

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

I hate the "Cold Feet" women who plays his wife. I don't really know why originally but she drove me over the edge with those lottery adverts.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

A Humble Narcissist posted:

Dont care if noone watches Eastenders. This episode was just depressing.

What happened? I usually watch but I just got in.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

I only have an iPhone :(

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Lord Dekks posted:

I'm pretty sure theres a Iplayer app isn't there?

I bloody hope so now, I loving hate Billy.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

He's a whiny loser who blames his mum for everything even though he's like 22. Plus he had stupid hair when he was younger and went missing one Xmas and wrecked the entire day.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

A5H posted:

Not a fan of this inbetweeners episode. Probably makes me boring as gently caress.

Inbetweeners is one of those programmes I wish was a drama with comedy bits rather than a sitcom.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Irisi posted:

Mind you, I do live in Glasgow, where "macaroni cheese inna pie" and "Greggs sausage roll with cheese and Heinz beans baked into it" are considered delicacies, so the local council might just have given up in pure despair.

Oh God I know, I work at Glasgow Uni and the amount of kids scoffing pies, chips and unidentifiable slop on Great Western Road is staggering.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

In 6th form we got hit with the first of Jamie's changes, salt wasn't regularly available, chips were only served on certain days, you couldn't buy chocolate at all and the only drinks avaiable were either milk, water or fruit juice.

As far as I know, it's still the same here in Northern Ireland, there were some pretty big changes. We went from having things like big bags of Haribo and huge muffins on sale to healthy alternatives like granola bars and bags of pre cut fruit inside one term.

Go on have a healthy granola bar, it's delicious... What do you mean you don't want one. Do you want to die before the age of 25? Take it! Go on eat it you loving peasant, EAT WHAT I TELL YOU TO EAT!!!!!! DIABETES!!!!!!!!

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Shadow The Rat posted:

I'm halfway through series 2 of Peep Show and Jesus loving Christ, Mark is a goddamned nutjob. This show is extremely funny but there are some moments that are just downright disturbing. The camera direction and the internal monologues flesh out the characters very well, to the point they almost appear too real. It's scarily well-written

Oh God, looking back he was relatively sane in series 2. Just wait until you reach the present day!

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

I think the other characters get slightly exaggerated as the series goes on in order to compete with Mark. Jeremy was just a lazy selfish loser in series 1 but by series 6 he's done some pretty intentionally horrible things. Sophie too, she was just an ordinary girl at Mark's work but he managed to drag her down to his level eventually. Peep show is loving great, I'm going to go watch the racism ep in series 2, best episode of the entire run.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

I have an almost irrational hatred of that small bald comedian in Mock the Week. I think it's his voice. No one I know seems to mind him, so it's proberly just me.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah that's him. They need to shake it up a bit, dump a few comedians who seems to be coasting like that guy from My Hero. To be honest Dara is the best thing about Mock the Week, they should clone him eight times and get rid of everyone else.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Wootcannon posted:

I'm sorry, while Kevin "Schcawtland" Bridges is still alive no oval office can be accused of this.

This is so true. While it's occasionally nice to recognise places comedians reference, it's so boring if every joke is based around not even Scotland but a very specific area of Glasgow.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

I wouldn't mind but Phil Jupitus does little to justify his massive bulk. I can't remember last I laughed at anything he said.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Graviton v2 posted:

I actually kinda fancy her, am I weird?

I don't fancy her but I sometimes find extreme stupidness attractive.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Saw 3 mins of Stephen K Amos pretending to be his own mother, had to switch off. Terrible

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Poor Tamwar, trapped in a dirty corner of soapland, surrounded by cartoony wheeler dealers, hysterical mothers and exaggerated queen bitches. He'd be so much happier in Hollyoaks

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

The Scheme, it was pretty hot stuff up here while it was on

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Sorry I've no idea, I only remember it because it was a brief sensation during it's short run up here in Glasgow.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Ooh I just saw the Christmas coke advert! Festive levels unaffected

Is Downton Abbey any good? I thought I might get it for my mum's Christmas.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

reality_groove posted:

HOLIDAYS ARE COMING HOLIDAYS ARE COMING
THE TRUCKS ARE BACK!

Downton is TV crack for anyone over 40. It's the best period drama in a loooong time. It would make a smart gift.

I decided to start watching True Blood tonight with the last two episodes of Series 2. I am an idiot. Still, fun trying to work out who's who and what's going on.

Lick the egg

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

loving hell, why does Russell Howard keep on passing news stories off Red Eye as real ones? What a lazy oval office.

I really want to gently caress Russell Howard but I don't really like him that much. God I hate the 21st century

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Lazy eye, crooked teeth, what a catch.

Lazy eyes are cool, it's like a semi permanent wink

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Corrie tonight, I thought I saw the factory wheelchair girl stand up? Either she's very lazy or it's just my tiny telly.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Janine is pretty much my sole reason for loving Eastenders at the moment. She's loving mental and if she doesn't kill or marry at least one person every year, her life has no meaning. Poor Ryan, he has just an insatiable hankering for mad girls who take citalopram chasers with their voddy and oranges.

Big Ben looks loving weird but I can't make a proper evaluation untill he speaks. Hopefully his whiny high voice will have disappeared along with the actor who previously played him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Irisi posted:

Just you wait. Your desire for desperately bleak Nordic crime drama will soon take over your life. Next it'll be Forbrydelsen. Then Borgen. Then The Bridge. And then you'll start going about in horrible knitted jumpers and saying "Tak".

Oh I just finished series 1 of Borgen on DVD. It was brilliant! What other nordic drama would yous suggest?