Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

Mellomeh posted:

This technology already exists in the Samsung Galaxy S3, it prevents the display from turning off while you're looking at the screen.

No it bloody well doesn't. It's loving poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I'm too busy making Game of Thrones OPs to do a thread this year :(

And we thank you for it. Your OPs are amazing. I've had a couple of friends buy forums accounts just so they can read them.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Did anyone get further through today's Panorama, where they GPS up a bunch of cats and see what their life consists of. Pretty much what you'd expect, as it happens. They walk around, and if they see another cat they hiss at one another till they get bored. Was Panorama good once? I can't remember.
Also, has anyone ever sat through an episode of Mafia's Greatest Hits which is played continually on the Freeview channel Yesterday. Best title going, in my opinion.

Horizon. I haven't got around to watching the cat episode, but Horizon is one of my favourite things on TV. It usually has a few episodes a season on space or quantum mechanics and it's great at conveying the general idea without baffling idiots like me with actual science.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Yeah, I'm kind of ashamed to admit how much I enjoyed it. As I said before, Horizon is one of my favourite shows so I'm glad to see it getting some attention. I just wish it was for a different subject matter. It's great when it takes on more serious topics.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I've been skimming through The Infinite Monkey Cage on YouTube, does it ever get less insufferably smug? The Philosophy episode was like a bunch of science freshers waving their dicks around in the student union.

Nope. But that's exactly why I like it.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Peter loving Capaldi is the new Doctor Who.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Jesus, I'd forgotten about Cybernet. It was shown at some ungodly hour. I had the oddest crush on one of the presenters, so I'd stay up to watch it and inevitably fall asleep in class the next day.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Fatty posted:

You had a crush on a robot with a TV for a face?

I was not a normal child.

I should probably mention that I might be thinking of another show. It had the bald bespectacled bloke off of The Gadget Show and a woman with long legs. They mostly sat opposite each other in a dark studio and talked about whatever it was they reviewed. I'm not even sure it was about games, come to think of it.

7seven7 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 9, 2013

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Quanta posted:

Would I Lie To You? is great.

I'm not a fan of Lee Mack's programmes or stand-up at all, but he's amazing on WILTY and has great chemistry with Brydon and Mitchell.

Chiming in to agree with this. Not a huge fan of Mack, nor many other panel shows, but the relationship between Brydon, Mack, and Mitchell is very honest and very enjoyable. Every now and again one of them will let slip that they've spent some time together outside of filming the show and it just melts my heart. Even when the line up is bad it's still really good. Plus it bought Kevin Bridges' amazing horse saga into the world.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

And Rich Hall did another BBC4 America docu, this time about California. It... wasn't that good? In comparison to his Texas and Native American ones.

It was OK. Very much overstayed its welcome, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I've finally gotten round to watching 15 Storeys High. I'm four episodes in and holy Christmas it's good. It's fairly dark and dry, but there's a certain warmth to it. I'm still not sure whether I'm supposed to like his character or not. Why isn't anything else Sean Locke's done been this good?