Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
I just want it all to come out already so I can upgrade my PC for the first time in years :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

A PC store near me has started selling Sandy Bridge cpus/mbs, a month early :raise:

Intel Core i5 2300 LGA1155 CPU 2.8Ghz 6Mb Cache Sandy Bridge 4C/4T Turbo Boost $259.00
Intel Core i5 2400 LGA1155 CPU 3.1Ghz 6Mb Cache Sandy Bridge 4C/4T Turbo Boost SB2400 $279.00
Intel Core i7 2600 LGA1155 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Sandy Bridge 4C/8T Turbo Boost SB2600 $429.00

Prices are in AUD, motherboards range from $130-$400

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Apparently the new boards are being released now, with the ASUS available on the 8th. Prices haven't moved that much, oddly.

e; ugh, no P8P67 Pro's available :~(

Murodese fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 5, 2011

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

dud root posted:

Blur filter? Thats what my CRT is for :smug:

But seriously, just built my Asrock Pro3 + 2500K. It does 4.4Ghz at 1.31V, which I'll use for 24/7. Not too shabby, but I'm still jealous of those getting 4.5-4.6 at 1.3

I can hold 4.5 @ 1.3v for about a day before it 0x124's. I'm pretty sure speedstep is loving with it, though. Put it to 1.31 and seeing how that goes :v

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Kashwashwa posted:

The performance of my system seems to be degrading or something... it keeps freezing while playing Bad Company 2. Now I'm running at everything being stock speeds, and it seems to be stable, but what is this poo poo?

I'm running memtest to see if there's a problem there, but I'm not really sure what to try next.

I noticed there's a new BIOS update from gigabyte, so I'll try that too.

Is this during a) when bombs are armed and b) when people type in chat? BC2 has some problems that only some people get involving these two things and freezing, no fix :(