Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

incoherent posted:

Ars indicated there was a 1 month delay if you got a SSD+HD combo, so i'm pretty sure they're shipping from the factory already setup. Also from Ars implied they are intel SSDs for this setup.
Whoops. We just ordered some with this option; how did I not notice that? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Popete posted:

Yep this is true, Intel actually is predicting the end of transistor scaling between 2013 and 2018 due to quantum tunneling on such small transistors. But I think the future is definetly going to be these more efficient designs along with stacked processors. Time to build up!
Have they stated how small they think they actually get? I've heard 16nm and 11nm processors are already in planning.